• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

Lamar Jackson

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
Wouldn't both QB calls be an ozzie decision? Why do we credit Ozzie for the good decisions and the coaches for the bad?
Lol, I’m sure McNair was an Ozzie decision, but it’s not like he didn’t talk to Billick before he did it.

rossihunter2

Staff Member
As for me I'm a shameless fan, apologist and puffer for Lamar Jackson. I can't put my finger on it, but my suspicion after reading a ton about Lamar Jackson in college, anecdotes from players that played with him, etc., I am actually convinced that not only will he improve substantially in his passing but will showcase a complete game that'll be near impossible to stop and game plan for. I totally understand where you are coming from because truthfully I'm not far removed from where you are except that blade of grass separates us in that I don't doubt he has the arm talent to succeed and you do support him conditionally but are not convinced entirely. Other than that it seems to me we are both big fans of Lamar Jackson!

ps: And oh by the way, I'm putting my money where my mouth is (or fingers are in this case) and bought myself a black Lamar Jackson Nike Game day Jersey!

one of the things i remember from draft night was the clip of jaire alexander stopping mid interview having just been drafted as a first rounder himself because he was so pumped a team actually went up and got lamar even if it wasn't his team - really gave me good vibes about lamar straight away

Ellicottraven

Ravens Ring of Honor
one of the things i remember from draft night was the clip of jaire alexander stopping mid interview having just been drafted as a first rounder himself because he was so pumped a team actually went up and got lamar even if it wasn't his team - really gave me good vibes about lamar straight away
I remember that as well. Jaire seemed so excited to see Lamar get drafted he stopped his interview... he exhibited pure joy

Tru11

Practice Squad
Wouldn't both QB calls be an ozzie decision? Why do we credit Ozzie for the good decisions and the coaches for the bad?

He made those decisions after the HC pounded the table for them.

He does have the final say but its not like he was running the team like a dictator......

Last edited:

Oldfaithful

Hall of Famer
We are going to have to disagree here. Sure I agree the OL was bad and it’s obvious this play calling wouldn’t work under Flacco. You don’t need to tell anyone that. That being said we weren’t running as much zone read and rpo as you might think or the media thinks. If you break down the film you can see that we were running a lot more traps and power concepts, which is the bread and butter of Greg Roman.

During the season I also read there were about four pages of plays put into the playbook for Lamar.
This isn't a matter of opinion. You're just wrong.

I never said that we didn't run zone read a lot. We did run a lot of power concepts. AND SKURA STILL WAS A MASSIVE LIABILITY. Get that through your head. Lamar by default makes the defense hesitate and the Kollman video said it best. We took advantage of undisciplined defenses. That was the bread and butter of the scheme. Every damn time you look at Skura he gets blown off the ball and skull-fucked.

Skura cost us the entire season. To say he was servicable is the line of thinking that has gotten us into this mediocre bullshit the past few seasons, and this line of thinking needs to die. That's the reason a lot of us want Harbaugh gone. It's players like Skura, Hurst, Chris Wormley, Elumenor. Players the coaches get a hard on for, so much that we either spend valuable money(which we don't have a lot of ) or high draft capital because they're character guys or favorites. News flash: none of these players have a lot of upside. Hurst and Skura aren't going to get better. Wormley is never going to be anything more than average.

Forget Lamar developing, if we want him to stay upright we need to get out of this line of thinking.

Adreme

Ravens Ring of Honor
I would not consider a 3rd high draft capital. An average player in 3rd is okay. At the moment I'm hoping Tim Williams can reach average.

Also a 5th for Elum is basically worth nothing. Now if he gets resigned after his rookie deal then yes that is a dumb but Elum and Wormley are drastically different types of player. One is high ceiling low floor and the other is mid ceiling mid floor.

Oldfaithful

Hall of Famer
I would not consider a 3rd high draft capital. An average player in 3rd is okay. At the moment I'm hoping Tim Williams can reach average.

Also a 5th for Elum is basically worth nothing. Now if he gets resigned after his rookie deal then yes that is a dumb but Elum and Wormley are drastically different types of player. One is high ceiling low floor and the other is mid ceiling mid floor.
So I'm going to be a hypocrite for a minute. But you deserve it.

The difference between @RavensMania and you at the end of the day is we merely disagree. I've met him in person, and his wife, and consider him to be a good man and a friend. This spat between the two of us is a disagreement and nothing more. I generally have no ill will towards most people on here.

You're ridiculously petty to not even @ me when making a comment. We get it. You think you're better than everyone and I don't want to hear that it's not your intention. It's how you come across and your ego is too big to feasibly listen to anyone.

This isn't pertaining to this comment in particular. I'm sick of how you have decided to patronize the entire forum to boost your ego. I'm sick of your condescending tone. You're not just expressing a different opinion, you're trying to put others down in order to build yourself up. You're allowed to disagree, but you don't need to be a condescending jerk about it like you have been.

I don't give a shit that you've called me out. But I'm not the only one you do this too, and that's where I draw the line. Cut the crap. It's pathetic

Adreme

Ravens Ring of Honor
So I'm going to be a hypocrite for a minute. But you deserve it.

The difference between @RavensMania and you at the end of the day is we merely disagree. I've met him in person, and his wife, and consider him to be a good man and a friend. This spat between the two of us is a disagreement and nothing more. I generally have no ill will towards most people on here.

You're ridiculously petty to not even @ me when making a comment. We get it. You think you're better than everyone and I don't want to hear that it's not your intention. It's how you come across and your ego is too big to feasibly listen to anyone.

This isn't pertaining to this comment in particular. I'm sick of how you have decided to patronize the entire forum to boost your ego. I'm sick of your condescending tone. You're not just expressing a different opinion, you're trying to put others down in order to build yourself up. You're allowed to disagree, but you don't need to be a condescending jerk about it like you have been.

I don't give a shit that you've called me out. But I'm not the only one you do this too, and that's where I draw the line. Cut the crap. It's pathetic

I don't @ anyone because I do not know how that function works to be honest. I figure it does the same thing as replying which adds an alert to my thing which I go "hey I have an alert I will check it". If it does something else then I have no clue because I do not know how to use it. I've seen functions like that on a few other sights that highlight your name posted in a thread but I do not think it does that here. Plus I would probably misspell 90% of the time and it would be a waste. I like how not knowing how to do something or what it does makes me petty though.

I do like that you extrapolated a LOT of things that just are not true though. The whole patronizing thing is hilarious to me just because (and this part is going to sound bad but I promise I do not mean it that way) if I didn't think someone was intelligent or had an opinion worth talking to I wouldn't reply. If they are not worth talking to, I just wont. I read your post because I respect your opinion. I replied to that part because I disagreed with that part of it. I do not consider disagreement calling someone out and in this case it was less so disagreement and more so my desire to understand the connection between Wormley and Eluemunor because when you analyzed them awhile ago you categorized them as two separate players.

Back to the patronizing thing, I think you are assuming way to much from the way I respond. Over half my responses are done on my phone and when responding on that my goal is typically "say point quickly so I have less room to make spelling errors" which can look matter of fact I concede but its simply because I like to just say the words and that is it. I would be awful at writing those articles you do because I would probably not have anywhere near writing talent to get point across easily (I did not return to college to be an English major after all).

There has only been one poster on this forum who I have ever posted at in a less than polite way (or at least as intended to be) but I did that as a reply and I still kind of regret it because I let someone else's attacks get under my skin which was not a good thing to do on my part but outside of that I have never replied to anyone whose opinion I did not value (I even valued his but that was not why I was replying). I in no way have attempted to put anyone down outside of that time, and again that was in retort, I would have to assume that comes across as the weakness of text based communication because that is neither my goal nor style.

Oldfaithful

Hall of Famer
There has only been one poster on this forum who I have ever posted at in a less than polite way (or at least as intended to be) but I did that as a reply and I still kind of regret it because I let someone else's attacks get under my skin which was not a good thing to do on my part but outside of that I have never replied to anyone whose opinion I did not value (I even valued his but that was not why I was replying). I in no way have attempted to put anyone down outside of that time, and again that was in retort, I would have to assume that comes across as the weakness of text based communication because that is neither my goal nor style.
For the last time, this is not about your intentions, this is how you come across to other people. Your posts indicate that you think you're way smarter than everyone else, and that you build yourself up by tearing others down. I appreciate the compliment of you thinking I am worthwhile, but you come across as ridiculously arrogant and when met with criticism all you can do is come up with excuses, blame others for interpreting you wrong when you're the one who is posting, and doing anything EXCEPT cleaning up your ton. If you want to be a condescending arrogant jerk to me, that's fine, that's your prerogative as a poster here. But quit doing it to others. It makes my life extremely difficult.