• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

Lamar Jackson

It’s the tale of 2 Lamars.
Every player has bad games but not to this extent, especially not this often in their 5th year.
LJ has to get his head straight and find some consistency.
Roman gets no blame from you huh tank lol. Lamar has definitely been in a funk and inconsistent as heck but you can clearly see the playcalling changed. They were doing quick short passes and mixing the run. Lamar got into rhythm and bam he looked like the QB we know he can be. I suspect with Lamars demeanor changing after the half (he got emotional and excited again) that Roman was told to get his head out of his butt. No evidence of this of course lol but you can definitely see a change after the half. Great adjustment by Roman. See I'm giving him his props lol.

BoredMarine13

Ravens Ring of Honor
34C0328E-5ECF-4DCD-B237-ED6B2DCED77C.jpeg

Lamar not helping his case holding this up, but it’s also being blown way out of proportion. The sign was purposely dropped by a fan and he was just returning it. He signed it, gave it back to the fan.

This dude needs a an agent to make his life easier.

Shade_Raven

Practice Squad
Lamar not helping his case holding this up, but it’s also being blown way out of proportion. The sign was purposely dropped by a fan and he was just returning it. He signed it, gave it back to the fan.

How did you connect him not having an agent to him having a fan intereaction and signing a sign? Would the agent tackle him and prevent him from returning the sign?

BoredMarine13

Ravens Ring of Honor
How did you connect him not having an agent to him having a fan intereaction and signing a sign? Would the agent tackle him and prevent him from returning the sign?
Becuase of the reaction today from people who have no context of the situation. It just one more thing for the Skip Bayless of the world to stir the pot before Lamar ultimately sits down with EDC again.

This stuff becomes less of an issue/ass pain when there’s an intermediate at the table for Lamar.

JAAM

Hall of Famer
A team like the ravens are the ones that usually make the SB.. difficulties during season along with injuries.. team finally starts getting together and getting healthy just in time for a late run… not gonna happen though
Never let them know your next move

JPPT1974

Practice Squad
Yeah as really hope that Lamar can get a new deal done after this season. And really it may have to do with his agent and not LM himself over in pay and contract there. Just IMHO there. Hope he continues to play despite struggling for this month.

29BmoreBird22

Staff Member
Writer
Roman gets no blame from you huh tank lol. Lamar has definitely been in a funk and inconsistent as heck but you can clearly see the playcalling changed. They were doing quick short passes and mixing the run. Lamar got into rhythm and bam he looked like the QB we know he can be. I suspect with Lamars demeanor changing after the half (he got emotional and excited again) that Roman was told to get his head out of his butt. No evidence of this of course lol but you can definitely see a change after the half. Great adjustment by Roman. See I'm giving him his props lol.
You have to understand that Tank was possibly the biggest Flacco stan out there and Lamar isn't Flacco, so Lamar will get zero slack from Tank.

Adreme

Ravens Ring of Honor

You should expect when playing against a practice squad secondary that a 50m QB can hit throws more than 10 yards down the field especially when there were receivers open. The fact that the game plan had to become "do not make a throw longer than 10 yards in a straight line" is not a mark in favor of the QB because it showed they were completely reliant on the WRs to make something out of the screen play versus having the QB able to make the throw. The past month has not been good especially when compared to the first month where Lamar was generally hitting those throws. Yes he had some bad misses but he was making the throw more often than not and now he just is not making the throw.

There is probably not going to be another game this year where the gap in skill between WRs and secondary is this large even with Bateman back at full strength. I do not know what triggered this slump; for all we know losing to Buffalo maybe has made him doubt himself, but either way since it started he went from looking like an MVP to looking like a low end starter. The first 3 games Lamar Jackson deserves that extension but the last 4 is more like Goff and Wentz than MVP Lamar Jackson.

Deebo813

Hall of Famer
You should expect when playing against a practice squad secondary that a 50m QB can hit throws more than 10 yards down the field especially when there were receivers open. The fact that the game plan had to become "do not make a throw longer than 10 yards in a straight line" is not a mark in favor of the QB because it showed they were completely reliant on the WRs to make something out of the screen play versus having the QB able to make the throw. The past month has not been good especially when compared to the first month where Lamar was generally hitting those throws. Yes he had some bad misses but he was making the throw more often than not and now he just is not making the throw.

There is probably not going to be another game this year where the gap in skill between WRs and secondary is this large even with Bateman back at full strength. I do not know what triggered this slump; for all we know losing to Buffalo maybe has made him doubt himself, but either way since it started he went from looking like an MVP to looking like a low end starter. The first 3 games Lamar Jackson deserves that extension but the last 4 is more like Goff and Wentz than MVP Lamar Jackson.
As much as none of us what to say it, the fact is….he isnt playing like he is worth the amount of money he wants and it really is no debating that.. has nothing to do with roman, this shit is on lamar. Like you said, bucs had trash in at secondary and our 50mil qb couldnt take advantage of that. That says alot. Idk how people blame roman so much when lamar flaws are clear as day.. roman had to call a perfect game with almost all the first and only reads being open for us to have that 2nd half that we did. We are putting way too much pressure on roman whenever our qb fk up

I agree with what your saying and as I have mentioned Lamar doesn't get a pass at all. I'm just equally distributing blame lol. Lamar should have definitely exploited Tampas cbs, but then again if your QB is struggling like he has the past few games then adjust the plan to help him out. In some of the series we saw a little up tempo, quick passes to the wrs, etc. Me and other members have been advocating for quicker short passes and it was nice to see them actually do it. You have to dink and dunk sometimes even of just to get the wheels going.

What was the stat of Lamar passes in the first half? He was on pace for a ridiculous amount of throws ( and I get the reason for the calls) but it wasn't working. When we switched it up it worked. Roman's knock is that he is too unbalanced or just straight up doesn't adjust sometimes. He did a great job of adjusting this time.

Question to you guys that pay more attention to formations etc...do they often put Andrews and Likely on the field together on 2 TE sets? With Andrews, Likely, Bateman, and Duv Lamar really shouldn't be struggling this bad.

Ellicottraven

Ravens Ring of Honor
View attachment 4127

The kid is just having some fun after a big win. Just leave him be guys. Not helping himself? Obviously putting up a sign wanting to get paid isn't going to get it done, but football is part sport, part entertainment. Nobody is going to disagree with he entertainment value of what Lamar did! Just look at the coverage it has gotten. Heck, it gave you something to criticize my son about, too!

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
The kid is just having some fun after a big win. Just leave him be guys. Not helping himself? Obviously putting up a sign wanting to get paid isn't going to get it done, but football is part sport, part entertainment. Nobody is going to disagree with he entertainment value of what Lamar did! Just look at the coverage it has gotten. Heck, it gave you something to criticize my son about, too!
of course most people don't know the full story behind it. Now if Linderbaum hiked it to him and he then put the sign up, then that would be something to talk about.