• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

Lamar Jackson

In a bizarre version of the timeline, if he became a Patriot I would never forgive Steve B.

AINT NO WAY HE BECOMES A PATRIOT MAN
I was thinking the same thing. You just know that sly ass bastard Belecheat is watching this one very closely.

gtalk12

Ravens Ring of Honor
I was thinking the same thing. You just know that sly ass bastard Belecheat is watching this one very closely.

That’s probably the one move that would force me to renounce my Ravens card. Ain’t no way I’m about to watch my guy go crazy for New England. I REFUSE

Can you imagine he wins there? Multiple times? I’m young so this would be like the Colts leaving Baltimore to me LMFAOOOO

redrum52

Hall of Famer
'One of the theories floating around is that Jackson, heading into unrestricted free agency, chose not to risk further injury by playing, which would have limited his leverage in contract talks. It was a storyline that John Harbaugh and the Ravens could have shot down, but that never really happened.

And one NFL executive has a theory on why.

"Harbaugh is a power coach," the executive told Mike Sando of The Athletic. "It's like it is 1983 and you're going to get the kid to come back by saying he is an important part of the team and it's not a serious injury, but that doesn't work in today's NFL. He tries to make it coy and tricky, but he wants to exercise power over players, just like the college coaches he comes from and admires."'

Since random stories now carry merit here. And how about we dig up what Bernard Pollard was saying about Harbaugh? Off-season and got time today.

Can someone explain to me how to post links to bleacherreport articles

rossihunter2

Staff Member
'One of the theories floating around is that Jackson, heading into unrestricted free agency, chose not to risk further injury by playing, which would have limited his leverage in contract talks. It was a storyline that John Harbaugh and the Ravens could have shot down, but that never really happened.

"Harbaugh is a power coach," the executive told Mike Sando of The Athletic. "It's like it is 1983 and you're going to get the kid to come back by saying he is an important part of the team and it's not a serious injury, but that doesn't work in today's NFL. He tries to make it coy and tricky, but he wants to exercise power over players, just like the college coaches he comes from and admires."'

Since random stories now carry merit here. And how about we dig up what Bernard Pollard was saying about Harbaugh? Off-season and got time today.

haha and that nfl exec has not dog in this fight...

bet you this unnamed exec works for a team that would be really interested in lamar being available this offseason lol

so much shit around lamar the last couple of months is people flinging vicious anonymous stuff around and using anonymity as a shield to get away with saying whatever the fuck they want

redrum52

Hall of Famer
haha and that nfl exec has not dog in this fight...

bet you this unnamed exec works for a team that would be really interested in lamar being available this offseason lol

so much shit around lamar the last couple of months is people flinging vicious anonymous stuff around and using anonymity as a shield to get away with saying whatever the fuck they want

No character concerns and now they're trying to make him out to be stereotypical star athlete who only cares about himself. This is why you have players saying I'm only here so I don't get fined. Can't trust the media or your own people when there's an agenda.

allblackraven

Hall of Famer

This is a BR article

oh I see what you mean

Write some text like "This is a BR article"
Highlight it then click URL button (two chain links)
enter URL

I think this site is tagging that tweet from BR site, rather than the article behind it.

cobrajet

Hall of Famer
Maybe a deal can get done soon since there is no more football for us and the draft is months away, then this can all be water under the bridge. I would love a healthy Lamar quarterbacking this team next season under another (hopefully decent) offensive coordinator.

OURavensFan

Ravens Ring of Honor
Lot of player statements coming out that would favor the resign angle. I know we likely lose to the chiefs but god damn it man

Dom McRaven

Hall of Famer
In a bizarre version of the timeline, if he became a Patriot I would never forgive Steve B.

If the FO lets him walk PERIOD, I'll never forgive them. I don't give a shit which team he goes to. The only way I'll "accept" it is which team we trade him to AND how much compensation we get.

Tank

Hall of Famer
One way or the other, they need to get something done ASAP. We can't have another year of doubt and drama at the QB position. No doubt the situation affected performance, especially Lamar

Grim

Ravens Ring of Honor
One way or the other, they need to get something done ASAP. We can't have another year of doubt and drama at the QB position. No doubt the situation affected performance, especially Lamar
It was certainly a distraction, that is not debatable. Whether it is one for the players, coaches, or just fans is another question entirely. It's become very annoying and a very old subject lol

JHR2022

Practice Squad

Why not? He would only be good for 10 games max before he gets hurt again. The Patriots would be wise to have a competent back up with Lamar as the starter.