• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

Lamar Jackson

purplepittabread88

Staff Member
Administrator
I love what EDC is doing here. I'm all for the players having power, but we refuse to let the NFLPA use us as an example to try and set the narrative.

If another team wants to sign Lamar, they have to workout a contract with him and the PA. That part is trickier

Terrible decision by Lamar to not get an agent, it will cost him millions as he lets the PA make his decisions anyway.

Last edited:

purplepittabread88

Staff Member
Administrator
I saw an Ed Reed clip today that made a great point. Baltimore is a small market that far outperforms what it should. We draft too well to be able to pay all these guys what they want, and that is why we dont fold for players - not Ed not Ray not Lamar. I respect it

purplepittabread88

Staff Member
Administrator
The browns giving out the worst overpay and contract maybe ever doesn't factor into anyone's logical negotiations. EDC is saying if you can find another team to pay you that, let us know and we will.
If you want to exercise your right to not negotiate, to sit out the end of 2 seasons, and not have an agent, you are more than welcome to do so and no one will be upset.

but you cant be upset when teams and billionaires use their own leverage back on you.

purplepittabread88

Staff Member
Administrator
Last thing, I hear every media person mention that he spent the last 2 years not finishing the season on the field.

the correct answer is it has actually been 3 years as he got knocked out in the bills game after throwing a game losing pick 6.

I saw an Ed Reed clip today that made a great point. Baltimore is a small market that far outperforms what it should. We draft too well to be able to pay all these guys what they want, and that is why we dont fold for players - not Ed not Ray not Lamar. I respect it
I definitely respect it.

JAAM

Hall of Famer

drjohnnyfever

Pro Bowler
I don't think the Ravens had any other choice than to use the non-exclusive. If they have been as active in trying to reach him and even EDC apparently flying down to FL to meet - that can't be the first time - you gotta believe that they've sort of thrown their hands up on it.

I'd love to know the reality of all this speculation, but often smoke leads to fire. I'm getting pretty convinced that Lamar wanting what Lamar wants is pure selfishness. I said a while ago that whatever happened he'd have to play under either tag. So the Ravens got sick of the drama, called his hand; and now he's either gonna be somewhere else making more than the Ravens are willing to pay or playing for us at a reduced rate - but make no mistake about it, if he doesn't play he cripples himself and becomes a primadonna the like of LeVeon, Antonio Brown, and others. This is where the rubber meets the road for him. He has to perform. Anything short of a complete, stellar, 2019-like performance makes him second tier QB value.

BoredMarine13

Ravens Ring of Honor
The Rams lost Trent Green in the preseason and won a Lombardi with someone from the ArenaFootball League. The 49ers went to the NFC Championship Game riding Mr. irrelevant! I think Huntley is better than Tony Banks, all we need is to find a Trent Dilfer baby! Maybe we go to the Super Bowl this season with Stetson Bennett? Fuck it! Go Ravens!
I like you optimism , but Huntley blows

JPPT1974

Practice Squad
Well hope the Ravens can keep Lamar and in return, Lamar can play healthy and consistent all the way through. When he is out, it hurts the team as a whole.

Corvus Purpura

Practice Squad
I don't think the Ravens had any other choice than to use the non-exclusive. If they have been as active in trying to reach him and even EDC apparently flying down to FL to meet - that can't be the first time - you gotta believe that they've sort of thrown their hands up on it.

I'd love to know the reality of all this speculation, but often smoke leads to fire. I'm getting pretty convinced that Lamar wanting what Lamar wants is pure selfishness. I said a while ago that whatever happened he'd have to play under either tag. So the Ravens got sick of the drama, called his hand; and now he's either gonna be somewhere else making more than the Ravens are willing to pay or playing for us at a reduced rate - but make no mistake about it, if he doesn't play he cripples himself and becomes a primadonna the like of LeVeon, Antonio Brown, and others. This is where the rubber meets the road for him. He has to perform. Anything short of a complete, stellar, 2019-like performance makes him second tier QB value.
And part of betting, including betting on oneself in a contract year, is the possibility of losing that bet. Flacco won it big. Lamar, perhaps not.

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer
Same man. End of the day I’m staying a ravens fan and wish Lamar the best, can’t fault the man for taking a stance, he has the right to