• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

Lamar Jackson

cobrajet

Hall of Famer
I don't like the Titans either, but I don't want to see Lamar on any team in the NFC Least, especially Washington.
Would love to see him on the Defenders though. I would drive down every home game, take the Metro to Audi Field for $20 a ticket, help build the beer cup snake, and get in on the “Fuck Dan Snyder” chants. XFL games are a freaking blast to attend. They would never allow half the shit that goes on during a Defenders game to take place at an NFL game.

Last edited:

Michael M.

Pro Bowler

It was . Lamar is gonna find out he won’t being getting a better offer than what the Ravens offered him .
Then they have to find a way for him to return while saving face. That probably won't happen until after the draft. I would like him to stay but not if he's gonna play mad. That doesn't work out well with him. Hopefully he can turn the page.

JackPoet

Practice Squad
Just asking. Could the Panthers now make an offer to Jackson in hopes that the Ravens won't match it because They would get
the number 1 pick in the draft.

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer
Just asking. Could the Panthers now make an offer to Jackson in hopes that the Ravens won't match it because They would get
That’s a fun thought, but no team who trades up to 1st overall is doing it to also pay a big fat fully guaranteed contract and they also don’t have a 1st next year to give an offer

Tank

Hall of Famer
They gave away the farm for that pick, they definitively have their eye on one of the QBs in the draft.

JAAM

Hall of Famer

JAAM

Hall of Famer

drjohnnyfever

Pro Bowler

It was . Lamar is gonna find out he won’t being getting a better offer than what the Ravens offered him .

Then they have to find a way for him to return while saving face. That probably won't happen until after the draft. I would like him to stay but not if he's gonna play mad. That doesn't work out well with him. Hopefully he can turn the page.

I'm curious if there is a betting line for how quickly Lamar acquires an agent after all that has happened?

JAAM

Hall of Famer
Yeah, given the type of tag it would be a waste of time.
I have a feeling he’s going to just play the season on the tag

drjohnnyfever

Pro Bowler
It just seems unlikely to me that Lamar and the Ravens work anything out. The Ravens have been smart about this, however. It might lead to him leaving after the 2024 season, but another year of non-exlusive is going to be his pay that year too. He really doesn't have any leverage not to play this year or if we tag him again OR to seem anything less than satisfied with playing, because that makes negotiation with another suitor difficult if he is seen as difficult, demanding, or a primadona. Plus, if he want's the big payday he thinks he deserves, he has to prove his value this year without injury or complication. Anything short of a full season with his average numbers or better is going to do little to get teams back into the ballpark he wants to be paid in. For me it's almost a SB or bust scenario. If he proves he's Superman, he's back on top - teams line up to acquire him. If he doesn't finish or does less than his average, he hurts his cause still further.