• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

Lamar Jackson

Dom McRaven

Hall of Famer
First TD pass it stops
Exactly. Like.........are we gonna forget when a number of fanbases booed their own players when they knelt during the national anthem (don't care if you're for them doing it or not, not my point) and then proceeded to cheer them on when they made plays and/or were winning the game? Fans are fickle.

drjohnnyfever

Pro Bowler
I don't think the Ravens would accept any trade offer for less than two first rounders during 2023. In 2024, maybe, but not today.
They'll just reject and let it play out.

Maybe not... because your second point to #Simba is accurate too.

Maybe. None of these sides have any urgency, as the Chargers/Bengals control their guys for two more years before they even have to consider FT, and the Eagles could easily FT if needed. I think they'll all get done, but has the feel of more of a Summer/Fall timeframe. Could easily happen after the FT deadline has passed, which means neither Lamar nor the Ravens could do anything about it if they wanted.

None of these teams are going to be able to make a deal at this point unless a player accepts something and they are probably being counseled to just wait a minute. Any contract signed now is for more than what Lamar would get. Sad but true for him, I think. Two guys have gone to the SB, and the Chargers can just hang tight.

Whatever is signed next becomes the first in setting the market and no team wants to do that.

BoredMarine13

Ravens Ring of Honor
Yet he made a play for a guy who had 2 ACL tears. Couldn’t fly because of a bruised lung and injured ribs. Ooooookay
Lol right. Arthur’s right though, they are very different. Watson is so much worse with injury concerns and off field shenanigans…. Only character concerns for Lamar are his decision to do shitty infomercials

Truth

Staff Member
Administrator
@ravenslord This will be the only warning from hereon in. Tone down the personal insults or we will begin applying warnings. This isn't the first comment I've had to erase in the past three days. I know tensions are a little hot. This thread is contentious. But comments like that will not be allowed here.

rmcjacket23

Ravens Ring of Honor
Yet he made a play for a guy who had 2 ACL tears. Couldn’t fly because of a bruised lung and injured ribs. Ooooookay
I mean, while I think the optics of this are terrible, and I would have never given Watson would he got due to his off-field performance...

Watson hasn't missed a game due to injury since his rookie year, which was in 2017. He's played something like 56 straight games that he's been eligible to play in.

So from a durability standpoint, I don't think anybody would argue Lamar is more durable.

We've known for a few decades now that teams are far less concerned with off-field issues than they are on-field issues, mostly because until they are habitual issues or severe enough to warrant prison time, it almost always results in short-term suspensions that don't have lasting impact.

One other aspect to note is that injured players get paid. Suspended players don't. So Owners would rather have a guy who gets suspended for four games than a guy who's injured for four games, because the suspended player doesn't cost them Payroll $.

I personally would have far greater issues with Watson's long term sustainability than Lamar's, but I certainly think the durability differences are notable, and I do think that, all things being equal, much of the league would prefer Watson as a QB over Lamar, both short and long term.

rmcjacket23

Ravens Ring of Honor
I'm telling you, those 32 are all full of shit. All of them.
Ehh, partially. Think its more likely that NFL Owners actually view this from a business lens, as opposed to an optics or "all we care about is winning games" lens.

Injured players cost them more $ than suspended players do.

Reactions: cdp

ravenslord

Ravens Ring of Honor
@ravenslord This will be the only warning from hereon in. Tone down the personal insults or we will begin applying warnings. This isn't the first comment I've had to erase in the past three days. I know tensions are a little hot. This thread is contentious. But comments like that will not be allowed here.

Fine but I was just joking.

BoredMarine13

Ravens Ring of Honor

Tank

Hall of Famer
Lol right. Arthur’s right though, they are very different. Watson is so much worse with injury concerns and off field shenanigans…. Only character concerns for Lamar are his decision to do shitty infomercials
Watson’s a pervert but he’s a pretty tough SOB on the field.

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer
The only shit I do nowadays. It’s great for mental resets.

Nothing more fun than you and the boys on that shit, laughing at each other lol
Duuuude I was awaiting it in bed, nervous and shit, then it hit and I laughed so hard and was like WHY WOULD I BE NERVOUS ABOUT THIS and got outta bed and went outside

Shit felt like earth telling me it’s all good, I’m just a part of her. It’s comforting and grounding and humbling.

Can’t wait to do it again but I don’t wanna do it too often. I’ll stick with my bud for my daily needs.

Tyler

Practice Squad
Irsay is simply trying to drive down.like his fucking Daddy would do, Lamar's value and try to pick him up on the cheap.

Lamar, to save face will accept a deal with the Colts for ONE DOLLAR More than the Ravens offered him and will

hire the Mayflower company to move him and his mother to Indy .
And the Ravens will happily match that and this will all go away lol

I know many here aren’t a fan of speculation but it’s no worse than a lot of the shit posted on here so I’ll share my speculative thoughts …

It starts with this quote from Colts GM Chris Ballard, “I’m not gonna get into deep discussions on where it’s at, what we’re doing or what we might do, but he’s a really special player. You never know how any of this will work out.”

This comment comes off like they’re working on something to me. Where whats at? What is this IT he refers to?

This is where it gets extremely speculative…

Could this be Colts FO meeting with Ravens FO and discussing compensation on a Lamar trade?

I would be a huge fan of a trade containing pick 4. Thoughts on all of this? I know I’m connecting dots that likely don’t exist but what the hell…