• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

Lamar Jackson

Davesta

Ravens Ring of Honor
Duuuude I was awaiting it in bed, nervous and shit, then it hit and I laughed so hard and was like WHY WOULD I BE NERVOUS ABOUT THIS and got outta bed and went outside

Shit felt like earth telling me it’s all good, I’m just a part of her. It’s comforting and grounding and humbling.

Can’t wait to do it again but I don’t wanna do it too often. I’ll stick with my bud for my daily needs.

Haha yeah. It really makes you take a step back and see shit in a different light.

I don’t do it on the regular though. I say once or twice a year is good for me and my mental.

BoredMarine13

Ravens Ring of Honor

cobrajet

Hall of Famer
I know many here aren’t a fan of speculation but it’s no worse than a lot of the shit posted on here so I’ll share my speculative thoughts …

It starts with this quote from Colts GM Chris Ballard, “I’m not gonna get into deep discussions on where it’s at, what we’re doing or what we might do, but he’s a really special player. You never know how any of this will work out.”

This comment comes off like they’re working on something to me. Where whats at? What is this IT he refers to?

This is where it gets extremely speculative…

Could this be Colts FO meeting with Ravens FO and discussing compensation on a Lamar trade?

I would be a huge fan of a trade containing pick 4. Thoughts on all of this? I know I’m connecting dots that likely don’t exist but what the hell…

Who would you think we would end up with at four?

Davesta

Ravens Ring of Honor

Funny how he had to explain this. Should be common sense he stayed back cause he don’t wanna travel in high altitude with his injury.

Adreme

Ravens Ring of Honor
Again, don't blame the Ravens for Lamar getting bad advice

I mean that’s not really fair. If he signed the deal today, he gets most of it back, or at least the most he can control. They are doing the cute thing where they use the signing bonus as earnings but it would count the same if Lamar got it today versus 2 years ago when talking contracts because Allen is just now starting his contract.

purplepittabread88

Staff Member
Administrator

Funny how he had to explain this. Should be common sense he stayed back cause he don’t wanna travel in high altitude with his injury.

funny he had to explain that?
“The reason Lamar Jackson didn’t travel to the football game was because he was sick. They diagnosed this, said that he was sick, he didn’t go on the trip.” -RGIII

Adreme

Ravens Ring of Honor
Teddy Bruschi has been saying for weeks now that Lamar is going to play disinterested this season if he's on the tag and will effectively milk out 32M. Won't play in games if he's even a little knocked up.

Idk I just hate this whole situation. For Lamar. For the Ravens. For us as fans. The situation and the media in particular are insufferable
Which is dumb for him if he does it because at that point no one will offer him even 30m. Just killing his potential future earnings.

Dom McRaven

Hall of Famer

Well considering that a number of people think he could've been able to play (he really couldn't), he really has to set the record so people can finally stop bitching about it.

Sandtown

Pro Bowler

RG3 stated that he was sick and that was the reason why he wasn't at the game so RG3 either lied or Lamar lied or someone else lied to RG3

BoredMarine13

Ravens Ring of Honor
And the Ravens will happily match that and this will all go away lol
I’m not so sure the Ravens match an offer from the colts. Riding themselves off the situation while grabbing a top 5 pick maybe tempting.

Tank

Hall of Famer
This shit getting to you huh
I don't know about you but I think it sucks bad. Rather than the team focusing fully on buìlding the new 2023 offense and roster they're having to deal with this shiz. I wouldn't blame them a bit if they just decided to move on so they don't have to worry about more drama in the future. It's pretty fkd up.

rmcjacket23

Ravens Ring of Honor
I mean that’s not really fair. If he signed the deal today, he gets most of it back, or at least the most he can control. They are doing the cute thing where they use the signing bonus as earnings but it would count the same if Lamar got it today versus 2 years ago when talking contracts because Allen is just now starting his contract.
Uhh, no. The signing bonus is earnings because its earnings. Its money the player gets.
If Lamar got a $50M signing bonus today, he'd also get a very low base salary today. Which means he'd still be $20-30M behind Allen.

$ yesterday is worth more than $ today. That money can earn interest. That money can be used to buy things. No smart person on planet earth wants to get paid 2 years from now for work they did today.

AND, by the time Lamar is in the middle of whatever extension he signs, Allen will have a new contract, at a higher market value than whatever Lamar is making.

So basically, the only way Lamar is ever going to come close to making as much as Allen in lifetime earnings, is if he plays at least a couple years longer than Allen. Or he needs to sign a deal that's like 1.5-2x more than what Allen got, which isn't going to happen of course.