• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

Lamar Jackson

JAAM

Hall of Famer
Mama also said Lamar could get that Watson $.

And, per usual, Mama was wrong agaaaaaain.
Don’t encourage these practice squad trolls

gtalk12

Ravens Ring of Honor
I wonder which domino is going to fall first. Herbert, Lamar, Joe, or Hurts

rmcjacket23

Ravens Ring of Honor
Do you think a Hurts signing affects either Lamar or the Ravens or both?
Impacts everybody. One or two more of these guys who don't get fully gtd deals, or take deals that aren't for the type of gtd $ that Watson got, and it obliterates any argument Lamar has.

And the argument gets worse depending on who it is. Lamar can't justify getting paid more than Burrow. He could marginally justify Hurts, but not by much.

Sandtown

Pro Bowler
Impacts everybody. One or two more of these guys who don't get fully gtd deals, or take deals that aren't for the type of gtd $ that Watson got, and it obliterates any argument Lamar has.

And the argument gets worse depending on who it is. Lamar can't justify getting paid more than Burrow. He could marginally justify Hurts, but not by much.

Those quarterbacks are better but Lamar saw last year Russell Wilson and Kyler Murray get deals that weren't at the level of Watson deal and he still didn't back off from his original contract demands, Wilson is older but he had strong leverage to pursue a deal that Watson got considering how much the Broncos gave up to get him. Just not confident that Lamar really would change his minds base off what other quarterbacks get especially if it fails to meet the level of a Watson deal.

rmcjacket23

Ravens Ring of Honor
Those quarterbacks are better but Lamar saw last year Russell Wilson and Kyler Murray get deals that weren't at the level of Watson deal and he still didn't back off from his original contract demands, Wilson is older but he had strong leverage to pursue a deal that Watson got considering how much the Broncos gave up to get him. Just not confident that Lamar really would change his minds base off what other quarterbacks get especially if it fails to meet the level of a Watson deal.
OK, but he really won't have a choice. If nobody gives him what he wants, he either lowers his price, or he doesn't play/get paid. There's no third option.

Even if the Ravens won't give it to him, it doesn't mean somebody else will. Somebody could give a better offer than we gave and still not be close to what he wants.

Sandtown

Pro Bowler
OK, but he really won't have a choice. If nobody gives him what he wants, he either lowers his price, or he doesn't play/get paid. There's no third option.

Even if the Ravens won't give it to him, it doesn't mean somebody else will. Somebody could give a better offer than we gave and still not be close to what he wants.

That's understandable. I can see him just playing on the tag and trying to prove his case again that he's worth the contract he is requesting. I think Lamar is obvious aware that things haven't gone the way he would have hoped but I think this may be more of pride thing right now.