• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

Lamar Jackson

BoredMarine13

Ravens Ring of Honor
Doubtful. Hold up on Aaron Rodgers is that the Jets want to give a 2nd and the Packers want their 1st. Highly doubt they’ll pivot to giving up significantly more money and draft capital.
Yea but they are also getting a better return. 3-4 years of Lamar Vs 1 year of Aaron. The Packers front office is ridiculous, take that 2nd round pick and move on with Jordan Love. Rodgers quirky drama is not worth the trouble anymore.

Simba

Staff Member
Yea but they are also getting a better return. 3-4 years of Lamar Vs 1 year of Aaron. The Packers front office is ridiculous, take that 2nd round pick and move on with Jordan Love. Rodgers quirky drama is not worth the trouble anymore.
But also have to give up a shit ton more money

I was thinking the same, but why wait until draft night if your the Colts?

Perhaps is a agreement from both teams to wait till draft day just so it blind sides everyone. Like the Ravens would wanna keep it under wraps till then so we can easily draft a QB without other teams trying to trade up and steal our prospects?

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer
Uh oh

Jeremy Fowler: “the buzz around the league” = “I have no idea what I’m talking about”

purplepittabread88

Staff Member
Administrator
I was thinking the same, but why wait until draft night if your the Colts?
the general, strong consensus is that its A. CJ, B. Bryce, C. Anthony D. Levis for the qb market
if past drafts show value, I will bookmark this post and almost guarantee that this is not the actual order we will see.
and the colts probably agree with that theory, say ranking their guys BAC (used the blood alcoholic content order for Jim Drunk Driver Irsay himself) They want to see how the guys fall before they hit for Lamar.
however, they couldn't just give Lamar the contract, a normal trade with a different comp than just 2 1'st would have to happen, or else we could match them and leave them complete fucked with no qb at all

purplepittabread88

Staff Member
Administrator
Perhaps is a agreement from both teams to wait till draft day just so it blind sides everyone. Like the Ravens would wanna keep it under wraps till then so we can easily draft a QB without other teams trying to trade up and steal our prospects?
my cardinals fan friend already let me know that if Bal ends up with the 4th overall, they will want a revenge trade (for us to get to 3) after we robbed them on linderbuam via Drop Soljua boy

marklar

Pro Bowler
Just a funny speculation below, I have no basis whatsoever for this.

The talk is how Watson's deal screwed teams and facors Jackson, but what if it is the opposite?
Conventional wisdom has always said that trading for a high-end QB with two 1sts is a pretty much no-brainer.
But with Watson and Wilson last year looking like not-so-great trades thus far, could teams be hesitant for that simple reason? I don't really think that is the case, but considering how extremely trend-sensitive NFL teams are, maybe a little bit of that could go into it.
Anyways, *if* there was anything in that, I would find the irony off the scales if Watson's contract was a detriment to Jackson's contract/trade value ^_^

BoredMarine13

Ravens Ring of Honor

JAAM

Hall of Famer

UPennChem

Hall of Famer

This is good news. We've all suspected Lamar is just doubling down and trying to get someone else to negotiate so he can come back to the Ravens.

Draft day will be intense but if we make it through draft night 1, I think you'll see Lamar at least signing on for this year. Hopefully a long term deal.

Knowing Lamar... he'll wait to see what's up with Herbert, Burrow, Hurts etc