• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

Lamar Jackson

I don’t see how we can get hop at this point. Lamar would absolutely need to chill on the demands and see that we went and got obj and did so by going against traditions and mortgaging the future a bit, then we have Bateman and likely a draft pick, that’s well beyond due diligence to appease Lamar’s on-field wants.
You know I’m trying hard to understand wtf Lamar is thinking. I’ve tried to think of one other situation where a QB negotiating a contract made such demands? I mean especially after missing significant games in the past two seasons, and winning one playoff game in 3 trips? Yeah it would be great to have dhop and obj on the team, and I get that we have been wr deprived for years but c’mon man. It’s bullshit. Enough with the demands. Get your deal done and do what you do best. Smfh!

Of course this could be another internet generated fake news report that is totally false. Who knows.

Tank

Hall of Famer
It’s not clearly. It can be very much debated that one foot is blocking the other from touching, but it’s SO close that it’s impossible to overturn in that moment.

Edit: after a rewatch there is ONE angle out of a million that shows that back foot touching the ground, and now I’m wondering how I’ve re watched this same clip for this same debate a million times and have never once caught that angle. Yup that’s definitely a catch.
Cuz you hated that the Steelers won, just like me. lol

redrum52

Hall of Famer
I don’t see how we can get hop at this point. Lamar would absolutely need to chill on the demands and see that we went and got obj and did so by going against traditions and mortgaging the future a bit, then we have Bateman and likely a draft pick, that’s well beyond due diligence to appease Lamar’s on-field wants.
We've seen Lamar scrutinized for his ability to finish a season but he should be happy with his main 2 wrs having completed how many of the past 2? And he hasn't been working with the best cast even if his main guys were healthy.

My biggest complaint is waiting until the tag when they had all this time and could have added around him sooner.

BoredMarine13

Ravens Ring of Honor
I’m not going to pretend to understand the financials, I trust EDC…… buuut damn it would be fun to have OBJ, DHOP, Batemen, and Andrews in the same year. Even if it financially ruined us lol

redrum52

Hall of Famer
I’m not going to pretend to understand the financials, I trust EDC…… buuut damn it would be fun to have OBJ, DHOP, Batemen, and Andrews in the same year. Even if it financially ruined us lol

Everyone one of those guys is interchangeable. Can go outside or slot with an OC who is said to use guys to their ability. With our luck we land Hopkins and Huntley is our qb.

Deebo813

Hall of Famer
Did we restructure anyones contract this offseason yet?

JO_75

Hall of Famer
I don't get how Lamar is saying get two receivers while wanting a new contract and not understanding a thing called salary cap. Like is he going to take less? EDC isn't going to mortgage the future on both Odell and Hopkins while paying Lamar near $50M+.

He does understand that he can recruit Odell all he wants but all it takes is a team on draft day to offer something we can't match and boom... all this was pointless. So we can get both but still lose him to another team and he won't be here. He needs an agent badly to help him understand how all this works.

QtR Nevermore

Pro Bowler
I’m sure it’s been posted already but this is wild. Ravens really going all out for Lamar. Wonder if he comes to the table now or holds out for Hop

I don't think anyone should ever take Michael Lombardi seriously.

Why would a QB that wants paid tell a team that they should spend the equivalent of a top QB's salary on two aging WRs coming off injuries?

Ellicottraven

Ravens Ring of Honor
I don't think my son needs to chill about his demands. Why the fuck would he have to chill? What the hell have the Ravens done for him other than milk his services at minimal cost to them without providing him shit? Eh? What makes you the arbiter of billionaire owners anyway? I see many of you revolting against my baby like he is the one pocketing billions in value because of my son! My son risks his limb and blood to win for this fucking team and its fucking fans! He and I are tired of these Bisciotti apologists thereby trying to take money off my son's pockets. What the hell do you care? It is up to Bisciotti to make things work. Why should my son stop demanding weapons that he has never had? See what Burrow and Allen have? Why is it okay for them to have weapons? Do you know what Allen and his agent's demands may have been before they traded for Diggs? I'm sure you haven't heard because it never got out! Now, my dear brethren, stay the fuck off my son's turf and pocketbook. Let him sign his contract without your collective angst and hatred. Again, it isn't your money dudes. That money belongs to a billionaire whose team value rose by 1B dollars just this year! Is that fucker sharing that money with any of you? Exactly!

Adreme

Ravens Ring of Honor
We count January Joe's early career playoff successes that were pretty similar (and some use them as a stick to beat Lamar with), so why not?

I hate Ben and it took him a while to reach his peak but then he had a long run where he was consistently a top 5 or 6 QB in the league (And everyone ahead of him was 1st ballot.) so I think he probably is a HoFer.

We can forget those rapes either - we know what they do for a QBs value.
The idea that being borderline top 5 at your position for a few years but never being considered top 4 at any point is enough to be in the HoF is kind of insane.

Don’t get me wrong, I think Ben was a good QB but if you were never the best at your position, and at no period we’re even considered top 4 you don’t belong in a conversation to be in the HoF.

purplepittabread88

Staff Member
Administrator
thinking Big Ben is anything less than a first ballot hall of famer has to be the most bias and incorrect take non ravens related I’ve seen on this forum.

I was about to relax and watch a movie with my gf but that shit is getting delayed so I can make a monster post about Ben (as a player, still fucking hate that rapist and wish the motorcycle crash killed him)

He is quite literally the last player I would ever want to have the ball with sub two minutes against us. Don’t count post 2018 Ben cuz he doesn’t count

Y’all realize he was the king of the north dominating ray Lewis and Ed reed for 15 years right?

UPennChem

Hall of Famer
What's the feeling on this Michael Lombardi report? It sounds fake AF but everyone is running with this story.

Why would Lamar enforce the Ravens to invest in specific players at WR? Especially big money type guys.

1) That hurts his ability to make money.
2) Who does he thunk he is?
3) It may inherently be impossible given Hopkins is a fucking Cardinal and there was no guarantee Odell even wanted to be here
4) It may not be salary cap feasible.

Idk whole thing seems so off to me. What does Lamar gain out of those demands? That he's got a loaded roster with which to perform well and get the contact he wants next year?

But then why would getting those guys open contract talks up now? Make it make sense

Adreme

Ravens Ring of Honor
thinking Big Ben is anything less than a first ballot hall of famer has to be the most bias and incorrect take non ravens related I’ve seen on this forum.

I was about to relax and watch a movie with my gf but that shit is getting delayed so I can make a monster post about Ben (as a player, still fucking hate that rapist and wish the motorcycle crash killed him)

He is quite literally the last player I would ever want to have the ball with sub two minutes against us. Don’t count post 2018 Ben cuz he doesn’t count

Y’all realize he was the king of the north dominating ray Lewis and Ed reed for 15 years right?

Just in the AFC during his career: Tom Brady and Peyton Manning by far I would trust more with the ball with 2 minutes to go (Brady having won 2 SBs doing just that).

If we are not going to count the last 4 years of Ben, you probably also do not want to count the first 5-6 as he was, to put it kindly, bad. After he stopped holding the ball awhile the sacks came down, the turnovers came down (mostly), and he looked solid until around 2018. So basically we have a 7 year run where he was borderline top 5 (but never top 4 by anyone's estimation) sandwiched in between 2 bad periods, the first of which where they had a dominant defense that he just had to avoid costing games, and the second where he was okay but not great and so they could not really be anything meaningful.

If we are honestly saying borderline top 5 at your position for a few years is HoF worthy then we might need to double or triple the size of each entry class. Ben was a good player, and at times a great player, but not a HoF player. There is this weird movement to turn the HoF into basically a QB participation trophy where if you were a QB for a long time that somehow translates to the HoF, despite the fact that every other position you are looking at multiple first team all pro's in order to be considered.

Dom McRaven

Hall of Famer
What's the feeling on this Michael Lombardi report?
My thoughts about this report by Lombardi are illustrated in the photo below...

1681621837664.png

Simba

Staff Member
What's the feeling on this Michael Lombardi report? It sounds fake AF but everyone is running with this story.

Why would Lamar enforce the Ravens to invest in specific players at WR? Especially big money type guys.

1) That hurts his ability to make money.
2) Who does he thunk he is?
3) It may inherently be impossible given Hopkins is a fucking Cardinal and there was no guarantee Odell even wanted to be here
4) It may not be salary cap feasible.

Idk whole thing seems so off to me. What does Lamar gain out of those demands? That he's got a loaded roster with which to perform well and get the contact he wants next year?

But then why would getting those guys open contract talks up now? Make it make sense
I don’t think it lines up that way. Think it’s more posturing what people think the Ravens should do vs. demands. Find it hard to believe we’d be in on Sutton and all of the other reported guys if Lamar demanded two specific guys. Feel like it’s much more likely that Lamar said get me some weapons rather than narrowing down to specific guys.

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer

This shit is madness. Ben roethlisberger, as much as I hate the son of a bitch, is a slam dunk first ballot, and one of the all time great qbs. He has to be top 5 all time in all of these categories: toughness, clutch, pocket presence, play extending, scramble drill throws, and play recognition(maybe 5-10 for that last one, but he’s up there)

I don’t know how ravens fans of all people could deny Ben’s greatness, we played him better than any team out there and he still undoubtedly had our number for his entire career, and consistently in the biggest moments of the absolute biggest games.