• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

Next Up: Broncos

JAAM

Hall of Famer
If we can’t win this game then IMHO we don’t deserve to be in the playoffs.
I mean honestly I don’t even think we do at this moment

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
No- it’s all about execution
Fullback screens on 3rd and 10s- and having a 300 pound fullback run WR routes- are genius level plays
The offence just has to execute better
absolutely. 300 lbs should be able to rumble 10 yards without being touched and especially not tackled.

rmcjacket23

Ravens Ring of Honor
No- it’s all about execution
Fullback screens on 3rd and 10s- and having a 300 pound fullback run WR routes- are genius level plays
The offence just has to execute better
Partially yes.
Devin Duvernay should try running a post route when its called instead of a corner route and then running himself directly into a DB.

That'd be a good start too.

rmcjacket23

Ravens Ring of Honor
You've stated several times that Roman doesn't utilize the Wrs correctly. Can I please have your in-depth analysis on this observation, please and thank you MR Jacket.

From the other thread. This is what people are referencing. Top play is one that is nearly impossible to blame on Roman. Good scheme, good design, good protection, seemingly a good throw.

Bottom one is an example of people questioning just what the fuck kind of passing concept this is, and/or whether or not receivers aren't running the routes they should be. In my opinion, this one is a Roman issue.

rmcjacket23

Ravens Ring of Honor
You've stated several times that Roman doesn't utilize the Wrs correctly. Can I please have your in-depth analysis on this observation, please and thank you MR Jacket.
Basically, the premise is this... it pretty much can't be just all one person's fault. Like if we fire Roman, are we supposed to believe that another OC is just going to "unleash" this super high-end WR core out on the league and Robinson and Duvernay are going to be 900 yard receivers each?

There's plays in every single game where I scratch my head and say "what the fuck were we even trying to achieve there". And then there's similarly several plays a game where I look at the film and I'm like "I have no fucking clue what X player saw on this or what they were doing, but it couldn't have been right". Like I remember watching some of the film after the Giants game and I legitimately thought Lamar was trying to sabotage himself because he missed so many like super open plays and throws that I couldn't even understand what his objective was out there.

And if we see plays like these top one's where its so blatantly obvious that if the player does his job and is as open as Duv was, shouldn't the OC get some credit for that? Or do coordinators only get blame and no credit?

Like I won't lose an ounce of sleep if Roman isn't the OC next year, and end of day we'll probably be better off for it. But some of you guys have jumped on what I like to call the "Juan Castillo" train, where you think firing the guy is the solution to everything. I'll be here rooting for Roman to get fired just because it's a win-win for me. If he gets fired and we start doing well, then my team looks better. If he gets fired and things don't improve, I get to shit all over everybody who was certain he was the problem and watch them trip over themselves backpedaling off of it.

Frankly, the only thing more "fun" for me is if the Ravens make like the AFCG or SB with Roman as OC. Then I can do all of that sooner and enjoy the shit out of it more.

JO_75

Hall of Famer
Another week for Marcus Williams, which means he'll return for the Steelers game. As long as Hamilton plays, I think I'll be alright.

I hate how player dependent scheme wise we have become. One injury and boom the entire offense or defense falls apart. We lose Gus and Dobbins, our entire run game is gone. Marlon gets hurt? Entire defense falls apart.

ravenslord

Ravens Ring of Honor
Another week for Marcus Williams, which means he'll return for the Steelers game. As long as Hamilton plays, I think I'll be alright.

I hate how player dependent scheme wise we have become. One injury and boom the entire offense or defense falls apart. We lose Gus and Dobbins, our entire run game is gone. Marlon gets hurt? Entire defense falls apart.
Yeah I dont get it. It was never this way before.

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer

Tbf, losing marlon ruined the defense when wink was here too, and when Jimmy was out for pees. Marlo is a fixer, you let the problem identify itself in the pass game, and he’s on it the next series, that’s hard to replace

UPennChem

Hall of Famer
I'll give the positive spin on this one. The offense will be so disgusted with jtself after last week that we have ZERO drops this week. Ravens defense gets back Hamilton and really rallies. 20 - 3 Ravens.

If we can reintroduce Stanley, JK, Hamilton, Williams, and Ojabo over the next 2 weeks that'd be pretty sick.

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer
I'll give the positive spin on this one. The offense will be so disgusted with jtself after last week that we have ZERO drops this week. Ravens defense gets back Hamilton and really rallies. 20 - 3 Ravens.

If we can reintroduce Stanley, JK, Hamilton, Williams, and Ojabo over the next 2 weeks that'd be pretty sick.
You think the ravens receivers can just stop dropping the ball? Lmao that’s great.

Also, wishing for healthy ravens? You’re killing me, you’re a real sidesplitter pal