• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

2023 DB Thread

rossihunter2

Staff Member
I'm going through CBs now but I think Witherspoon is probably CB1 for me

i want to see the testing for him

but i think the movement skills and length of gonzalez and smith are tough to meet for witherspoon

but witherspoon's got the most CB attitude in him lol - and he has the physicality and explosion to back it up

either way, you'll note that all 3 have top 10 type grades from me

rossihunter2

Staff Member
@rossihunter2 Have you checked Garrett Williams?

ok i like garrett williams

i don't think he's aggressive enough in coverage - plays way too safe - wonder if he's a little fearful about his long speed which seems ok but definitely not unquestionable

gives up too contested catches

but really like his technique in press, his physicality, his movement skills and his general football intelligence

sucks that he tore his ACL in october though - may well lose the meaningful part of his rookie year (most of the offseason and probably some of the season too)

i've got a 3rd-4th round grade on him (still figuring out exactly where he'll fit there) but wouldn't be surprised to see him go a couple of rounds later with that ACL especially with how deep the rest of the CB class is

UPennChem

Hall of Famer
ok i like garrett williams

i don't think he's aggressive enough in coverage - plays way too safe - wonder if he's a little fearful about his long speed which seems ok but definitely not unquestionable

gives up too contested catches

but really like his technique in press, his physicality, his movement skills and his general football intelligence

sucks that he tore his ACL in october though - may well lose the meaningful part of his rookie year (most of the offseason and probably some of the season too)

i've got a 3rd-4th round grade on him (still figuring out exactly where he'll fit there) but wouldn't be surprised to see him go a couple of rounds later with that ACL especially with how deep the rest of the CB class is
Yeah my point with him is if he's on the board in the 4th and we went WR RD1, he could be a very good pick for us

rossihunter2

Staff Member
Yeah my point with him is if he's on the board in the 4th and we went WR RD1, he could be a very good pick for us

for sure - but remember you're unlikely to get value from him in year 1 so not really a fix for our CB "problem"...

there'll likely be a bunch of other guys available who may impact more in year 1

but certainly a nice prospect - id be much higher on him if he hadnt blown out his ACL in october

UPennChem

Hall of Famer
for sure - but remember you're unlikely to get value from him in year 1 so not really a fix for our CB "problem"...

there'll likely be a bunch of other guys available who may impact more in year 1

but certainly a nice prospect - id be much higher on him if he hadnt blown out his ACL in october
He should definitely play this year but you're right he's not plugging your week 1 hole

Deebo813

Hall of Famer
outside of brian branch... who's a corner

this safety class sucks lol... ive watched 7 guys, 7 guys who i routinely see as being rated highly by media mocks and just general media boards etc...

and only 2 day 2 grades in the group so far
Since we finally dnt need a S… im not even gonna dare look at them lol… i do like garret williams from syracuse but im not sure if he really a S..

Last edited: