• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

2023 DB Thread

Simba

Staff Member
terell smith was a guy ive had lower and i took another look at him recently and adjusted him upwards pretty significantly - think i overrated some of the finer technical issues in his transitions (that are so fixable) and wrote them off as stiffness which on later viewings im not sure he's as stiff as i first thought

williams is someone who i have graded there but with the understanding that he'll go later than that because of injuries

you're not the first person who's thought i was too high on KBK - maybe ill have to go and have a proper reevaluation of him

I think Quan is definitely more of a DB than a straight up CB but i didnt want to call him a safety either - feel like he and Brian Branch should have their own Star/DB ranking in the same way that in the past ive had guys ranked offensively as ATH - but i really like Quan a lot regardless of what position he's drafted as - think he's a developmental DB with early sub-package value and special traits to become a genuine difference maker - think he's the kind of guy that id have pounded the table for if we hadnt got hamilton and Pepe in 2022- reminds me a little of jevon holland

rejzohn and riley are both guys with traits on day 3 - they feel like the kinds of guys to me, who you should be taking bets on in the early part of day 3 with those traits - moss with the size and length and good CoD and who tested like a freak - wright with some athletic questions (unanswered because of some injuries at combine and pro day) but the frame and length and physicality required of a press corner - both guys who i have no problem if you, or anyone, think of them lower on the board but to me feel like traitsy guys you should be taking especially if they fit your scheme
Yeah other than KBK, I have no major problems with any of those guys. Just personally have them ranked slightly lower.

UPennChem

Hall of Famer
I think his feet and hips just look crazy as fuck for a first round cb
I love Banks and so this hurts my guy. I might be a damn fool, but I've been saying for awhile that I think Banks is better than JPJ. And when all is said and done, I wouldn't be surprised if Banks is the 3rd best corner in this draft after Witherspoon and Gonzalez

Davesta

Ravens Ring of Honor
1. Devon Witherspoon
2. Christian gonzales
3. Cam smith
4. JPJ
5. Emmanuel Forbes

I’m not a fan of deonte banks

My spidey senses tingles when I think of Banks. Got that perriman / Oweh vibe. Just a high SPARQ guy.

I’m starting to really like Forbes. That skinny mofo can play. Give him a nfl workout plan and call it a day. You can’t teach ball skills like that

allblackraven

Hall of Famer
My spidey senses tingles when I think of Banks. Got that perriman / Oweh vibe. Just a high SPARQ guy.

I’m starting to really like Forbes. That skinny mofo can play. Give him a nfl workout plan and call it a day. You can’t teach ball skills like that
My favourite player in the entire draft.

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer
I love Banks and so this hurts my guy. I might be a damn fool, but I've been saying for awhile that I think Banks is better than JPJ. And when all is said and done, I wouldn't be surprised if Banks is the 3rd best corner in this draft after Witherspoon and Gonzalez
I just don’t see it with him, stiff, physical, athletic guy who shot up boards after the combine, doesn’t turn his head or locate the ball, he just looks sloppy on film to me, not my kind of corner

Same to both

UPennChem

Hall of Famer
This group in this class is one of the most fun groups I can remember in a long while for any position.

I legitimately love 10 guys in this class.

Witherspoon, Gonzalez, JPJ, Smith, Banks, Forbes, Stevenson, Brents, Rush, and Ringo are all probably day 1 contributors.

Simba

Staff Member
Emmanuel Forbes is starting to get your standard late in the process rise. Glad people are finally seeing it with him. I have him in my 1-2 bucket but I debated strongly about giving him a firm 1. Just hard to bypass a guy with those playmaking skills despite the rail thin frame.

Davesta

Ravens Ring of Honor
Emmanuel Forbes is starting to get your standard late in the process rise. Glad people are finally seeing it with him. I have him in my 1-2 bucket but I debated strongly about giving him a firm 1. Just hard to bypass a guy with those playmaking skills despite the rail thin frame.

I’m down for Forbes

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer
I’m really high on Forbes but I just can’t do it at 22. He’s an ideal trade back target for me, just too much risk to take a 170 lb corner that high.

Davesta

Ravens Ring of Honor
I’m really high on Forbes but I just can’t do it at 22. He’s an ideal trade back target for me, just too much risk to take a 170 lb corner that high.

Imma be sad and mad when we trade back and Bengals draft him :crying: