• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

2023 QB Thread

rossihunter2

Staff Member
Agreed all around on the Stroud and Burrow points. I haven't watched enough BY yet. Going to dive in now.

The thing that makes Stroud interesting is that Georgia game. Because not only were the stakes high, but that was the best defense he played arguably and also where he demonstrated his best play under pressure and duress.

It's like if Stroud has it and is just beginning to put it together and is a guy who rises up under pressure, sign me up. But it's hard to know. 1 game sample size.

Maybe the best defence but notable that they didn’t have any real threats at EDGE in that game - a lot of the pressure was coming from LB’s blitzing

Not saying it wasn’t a sign of a step up, especially given the armchair he spent much of the season in in the pocket

But some context that might be important when evaluating him under pressure

Thezone27

Ravens Ring of Honor
He's honestly probably the safest pick in the draft. Not perfect by any stretch, but you could definitely build a winning team around him. Weirdly enough he actually reminds me a bit of Flacco.
exactly. He's like young Jimmy G

RaineV1

Ravens Ring of Honor
I actually hate this QB class. Please for the love of God Eric sign Lamar.
I think it's actually much better than the last few QB classes. 2021 and 2020 each had a stud QB (Lawrence and Burrow) but a massive drop off after that. This class doesn't have anyone like that (Stroud is the only one with that kind of potential), but I could see three or four of these guys being good starters in the right situation.

UPennChem

Hall of Famer
I think it's actually much better than the last few QB classes. 2021 and 2020 each had a stud QB (Lawrence and Burrow) but a massive drop off after that. This class doesn't have anyone like that (Stroud is the only one with that kind of potential), but I could see three or four of these guys being good starters in the right situation.
Just not sure.

Stroud seems to be boom or bust to me. Like I believe in him and think he's got the best chance to be the guy from this class. But he's gotta show that he can really sling it under NFL pressure and he needs to use his athleticism a lot better.

Young I personally don't believe in at all at the NFL level. I think there are too many physical limitations.

Levis and Richardson aren't even 1st RD picks imo. I think they'll go RD1 but I wouldn't take em. They need years of development to be ready to go out there imo.

I certainly want Lamar Jackson I'll tell you that. If we trade him and draft a QB I hope it is Stroud and by a TON

Thezone27

Ravens Ring of Honor
How about Fields?

RaineV1

Ravens Ring of Honor
How about Fields?
Fields still hasn't shown he can win with his arm. I generally like him, and he is absolutely held back by his team, but I'm not sure how much long term success he's gonna have. Could stick around for awhile as a gadget guy on offense like the Saints' Tayson Hill, but there's a good chance his days as a starting QB might be numbered.

Thezone27

Ravens Ring of Honor
Fields still hasn't shown he can win with his arm. I generally like him, and he is absolutely held back by his team, but I'm not sure how much long term success he's gonna have. Could stick around for awhile as a gadget guy on offense like the Saints' Tayson Hill, but there's a good chance his days as a starting QB might be numbered.
I think if he make improvements this year, he'll stay. Otherwise, he'll go.

Davesta

Ravens Ring of Honor
BBBE01A8-346F-465C-972B-F936DCE12694.jpeg

RaineV1

Ravens Ring of Honor

That boy big

He his bigger than most of the ball linebackers. I just imagine some slot corner blitzing and bouncing off of him. Looking it up and he's basically the same size as Cam (officially Cam is 6'5" 245).

I really think in the long run Richardson will be the best of this group. He will need time and patience with a good QB coach. The unteachable stuff is there, and he has the attitude of someone willing to carry a team on his back. Just clean up the footwork and arm mechanics.