• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

The Run Game, The 2 minute drills and Screw the Steelers Baby!

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
So can we afford to resign Ben Powers along with Lamar and Roquan?

He’s been a nice surprise for someone we thought was Gon get traded / cut
I don't think it will be as expensive as we think. We all thought Bozeman was going go for pretty penny also. I do certainly hope we extend him though.

rossihunter2

Staff Member
I thought Roman was a tale of 2 stories. I mentioned in the game thread that with JK and Gus we saw some really good run plays that we haven't seen since 2019/2020. In that respect his gameplan and execution on the ground was excellent.

With that being said he made some bone headed calls. His call on the second 4th down was getting too cute and is a cause of why it failed. He got Huntley killed by calling designed runs when it was totally unnecessary. The call on the 1 yard line with Brown was the ballsy-ist call I think I've ever seen. And the pass game was still pretty inept.

i mean i guess i just disagree

we have a QB-driven run game - Huntley's best weapon is his legs... it's not his fault he got cheap-shotted by Minkah (who notably was being niggly in piles all game) - if we're not gonna run the ball with Huntley, why are we running it with Lamar?

the 4th down was fine - it failed because they fumbled the exchange

and i loved the call on the 1 yard line

Tank

Hall of Famer
I thought Roman was a tale of 2 stories. I mentioned in the game thread that with JK and Gus we saw some really good run plays that we haven't seen since 2019/2020. In that respect his gameplan and execution on the ground was excellent.

With that being said he made some bone headed calls. His call on the second 4th down was getting too cute and is a cause of why it failed. He got Huntley killed by calling designed runs when it was totally unnecessary. The call on the 1 yard line with Brown was the ballsy-ist call I think I've ever seen. And the pass game was still pretty inept.
Many times the OC gets blamed for failed plays when it's not their fault at all. Cleveland caused the fumble, the 4th down play didn't fail because it was too cute. Snoop got plowed on an unlucky set up for a bad tackle. Can't expect much from the passing game today all things considered.

Sometimes you just have to know the other team is trying to win too, and shit happens. Steelers always play us tough no matter the circumstances. And you can always expect ref ball when we play them. Just how it is.

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
1v1 with a shifty wideout in the openfield is always a tough battle

i will say that id like to see oweh trim down for next year's season - think maybe he lost some fluidity and explosion in his body with the way he got stacked this year
I'd like to see his get off improved. I thought that would have been improved by now though.

marklar

Pro Bowler
Winning record secured
Steelers losing record almost secured
Refball all night long

Roquan is a friggin monster. To paraphrase another poster "If the ravens lose Roquan and sign some frickin primadonna WR, I will lose my shit"

Shocker of the day: a offensive holding against the Steelers in Pitt. First time in 10 years, some zebra must have forgotten the "special olympics rule"

ndub

Ravens Ring of Honor
Tbf the offence did as great as it could have with a third string, UDFA rookie QB in. I was really impressed with the running game and the offencive execution.

Roman earned himself some more time with this gameplan today IMO

Defence did a fantastic job of making plays and getting turnovers. Humphrey and Peters are concerning.

All in all, tbh, great game by both the offence and defence.

OURavensFan

Ravens Ring of Honor
Many times the OC gets blamed for failed plays when it's not their fault at all. Cleveland caused the fumble, the 4th down play didn't fail because it was too cute. Snoop got plowed on an unlucky set up for a bad tackle. Can't expect much from the passing game today all things considered.

Sometimes you just have to know the other team is trying to win too, and shit happens. Steelers always play us tough no matter the circumstances. And you can always expect ref ball when we play them. Just how it is.
But there shouldn’t be ref ball but there always is every time. We always have to beat them and the refs