• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

The Run Game, The 2 minute drills and Screw the Steelers Baby!

rossihunter2

Staff Member
As much as Harbs gets criticized on this board (good amount of it is deserved btw), this is why he's still the HC. His team fights for him just like the Steelers fight for Tomlin.

there's a reason they're now the 2 HCs with the most regular season games against each other in the super bowl era - and are like 3rd on the all-time list i think too (and i think the most played HC matchup took 33 years or something for those coaches to compile all those games)

neither of them are going anywhere until they choose to

rossihunter2

Staff Member
Harbs said he'll defer to the doctors but he seems somewhat confident Huntley will be available on Saturday

and if not that then Anthony will be ready and Hundley will be ready to back him up

notably didnt mention Lamar there and I wonder if that was an uncharacteristic slip... i wasnt expecting Lamar to be playing against the Browns necessarily but normally Harbs is cagier with stuff like that

ndub

Ravens Ring of Honor
there's a reason they're now the 2 HCs with the most regular season games against each other in the super bowl era - and are like 3rd on the all-time list i think too (and i think the most played HC matchup took 33 years or something for those coaches to compile all those games)

neither of them are going anywhere until they choose to

Tbf Harbaugh is a genius. His large lack of success in the playoffs in the last ten years is execution. The offence needs to step it up when we go to the playoffs - as does the defence.

Old Bay

Veteran
Harbs said he'll defer to the doctors but he seems somewhat confident Huntley will be available on Saturday

and if not that then Anthony will be ready and Hundley will be ready to back him up

notably didnt mention Lamar there and I wonder if that was an uncharacteristic slip... i wasnt expecting Lamar to be playing against the Browns necessarily but normally Harbs is cagier with stuff like that
I think I read something today that they pretty much ruled out Lamar until Christmas Eve.

I didn't like the offensive strategy early in the game when Huntley was in. I felt like they were passing the ball way more than necessary with how well the Run game was working. But when they lost Huntley and didn't want Brown throwing the ball nearly as much, they started relying heavily on the Run game and it was working. At least that's how I saw it.

Simba

Staff Member
Not a great game but one that a good team pulls out anyways. For that, I think you have to give the team a lot of credit. Didn't do anything outstanding but stayed within themselves and did what needed to be done.

Have to wonder how different it would have been with an even 50% capable Marlon today. He was Ryan Gosling levels of liability at CB today.

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
Not a great game but one that a good team pulls out anyways. For that, I think you have to give the team a lot of credit. Didn't do anything outstanding but stayed within themselves and did what needed to be done.

Have to wonder how different it would have been with an even 50% capable Marlon today. He was Ryan Gosling levels of liability at CB today.
what was huge was gettiing JK Dobbins back. Without Dobbins we don't win this game.

Tank

Hall of Famer
I think I read something today that they pretty much ruled out Lamar until Christmas Eve.

I didn't like the offensive strategy early in the game when Huntley was in. I felt like they were passing the ball way more than necessary with how well the Run game was working. But when they lost Huntley and didn't want Brown throwing the ball nearly as much, they started relying heavily on the Run game and it was working. At least that's how I saw it.
IDK. I think early on if we weren't passing the run wouldn't have been as effective
Squealers were worn down towards the end, our O line was dominating.

ndub

Ravens Ring of Honor

Beta mentality. Cut his ass

Frankly Proche has fared only slightly better than Boykin this year. Proche should go join the Steelers. His presence is not known on our offence

Ravens have been very poor at developing WR's, that's for sure.