• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

Next Up: Bills

DeVito52

Ravens Ring of Honor
I don’t usually like to bet on the Ravens but I’m really thinking about betting a good amount of money on the Ravens -7 line against the Bills....

You guys think we beat em by more than 7?

cdp

Ravens Ring of Honor
per zrebiec:

ILB Kenny Young (knee) and CB Maurice Canady (leg strain) both back at practice for Ravens.

which means that everyone's back at practice except for willie henry and hayden hurst (both of whom are expected to miss time)
Good to see that Young actually was day-to-day...
I don’t usually like to bet on the Ravens but I’m really thinking about betting a good amount of money on the Ravens -7 line against the Bills....

@ -105 I might consider this bet also. But don't take the over.

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator

First week bets are never good. Anything can happen

It's good seeing Young day-to-day but I don't think it changes anytihng. Peanut is still starting but I think we should see Young take over after a few weeks. We really could use some coverage at LB.

rossihunter2

Staff Member
It's good seeing Young day-to-day but I don't think it changes anytihng. Peanut is still starting but I think we should see Young take over after a few weeks. We really could use some coverage at LB.

If he’s ready to go I think he’ll see more snaps early than you think purely because the bills are gonna have to throw to shady McCoy at least 5 times this game and Kenny young is literally built for covering running backs

cdp

Ravens Ring of Honor
We have to call some plays for Lamar just to make sure that future opponents have to prepare for it and "waste" some time.
I hope they (Marty and Lamar) know exactly in which situations they're gonna call it, so that Lamar can get quickly on the field and the play clock is still over 15s, which allows Marty to read the defense for Lamar and call in some adjustments if necessary

Last edited:

rossihunter2

Staff Member
We have to call some plays for Lamar just to make sure that future opponents have to prepare for it and "waste" some time.
I hope they (Marty and Lamar) know exactly in which situations they're gonna call it, so that Lamar can get quickly on the field and the play clock is still over 15s, which allows Marty to read to defense for Lamar and call in some adjustments if necessary

advanced scouting typicall goes back 4 games - we literally have to play him 1-2 snaps every 4 weeks to force teams to prepare for him

cdp

Ravens Ring of Honor
Marty Mornhinweg just said James Hurst's experience gives him nod over Orlando Brown Jr. @ RT (per Zrebiec). Why? Does Flacco need to be sacked 10+ times first before we play lil Zeus.
This also means our OL is likely Stanley, Lewis, Skura, Yanda and Hurst.

Oldfaithful

Hall of Famer
Marty Mornhinweg just said James Hurst's experience gives him nod over Orlando Brown Jr. @ RT (per Zrebiec). Why? Does Flacco need to be sacked 10+ times first before we play lil Zeus.
This also means our OL is likely Stanley, Lewis, Skura, Yanda and Hurst.
Just no..... fuck that

RaineV1

Ravens Ring of Honor
Once again, the thing that won't change, our coaches are extremely afraid to have rookies start, even when they're clearly the better players and will continue to get better.

rossihunter2

Staff Member
Once again, the thing that won't change, our coaches are extremely afraid to have rookies start, even when they're clearly the better players and will continue to get better.

It’s so stupid
The best teams and coaches in the league are always the forward thinking positive style coaches where they play to win not to not lose

Conservative teams never end up at the top of the league hierarchy

Oldfaithful

Hall of Famer
I want Harbaugh fired. I'm sick of this shit. It's every fucking year with this guy. Every year he does this... Thanks for the super bowl John. But I don't care. Hurst starts the season at T you can pencil in an "L" to the Bengals and any team with a good edge rusher on the right hand side of the ball. We should've never resigned him in the first place but that's not what's important here.

Oldfaithful

Hall of Famer
So James Hurst, who is a league worst player at T, will be lining up against.

Jerry Hughes
Carlos Dunlap and/or Carl Lawson
Von Miller.

So, the best edge pass rusher in the whole league, a pro bowler, an underrated guy, and an up and comer.

I already had the Bengals penciled in as an L. This just solidifies it for me, and Miller is a game wrecker so have fun there Harbaugh, you fucking idiot.

We could legit start off the season 1-3 thanks to this move here. Fuck you Harbaugh

rossihunter2

Staff Member
So James Hurst, who is a league worst player at T, will be lining up against.

Jerry Hughes
Carlos Dunlap and/or Carl Lawson
Von Miller.

So, the best edge pass rusher in the whole league, a pro bowler, an underrated guy, and an up and comer.

I already had the Bengals penciled in as an L. This just solidifies it for me, and Miller is a game wrecker so have fun there Harbaugh, you fucking idiot.

We could legit start off the season 1-3 thanks to this move here. Fuck you Harbaugh

normally i feel you over-react but i agree 100% with this
we wont be running the ball behind james hurst who is at his most useful when pulling across the line (often just 1 gap pulls) but he'll be doing much less of that at right tackle in the running game - and in the passing game he offers little to nothing vs most decent nfl pass rushers

he literally could be the ball game

my only hope for the bills game is that we victimise their OL (which is clearly the worst - or close to the worst - in the league) more than they victimise ours

If he’s ready to go I think he’ll see more snaps early than you think purely because the bills are gonna have to throw to shady McCoy at least 5 times this game and Kenny young is literally built for covering running backs
I think they'll split but eventually I think Young could take over full time because we badly need someone with Young's coverage skills.

Oldfaithful

Hall of Famer
normally i feel you over-react but i agree 100% with this
we wont be running the ball behind james hurst who is at his most useful when pulling across the line (often just 1 gap pulls) but he'll be doing much less of that at right tackle in the running game - and in the passing game he offers little to nothing vs most decent nfl pass rushers

he literally could be the ball game

my only hope for the bills game is that we victimise their OL (which is clearly the worst - or close to the worst - in the league) more than they victimise ours
We could in theory still have a winning record out of the gate because of the broncos and Bills having terrible olines plus the Bell holdout. But we’d need a lot to go right.

I’m not really optimistic for the season anymore until this shit changes. It’s unacceptable