• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

The Running Game, The Mess and The Greg Roman

RaineV1

Ravens Ring of Honor
And while we are doing the sweeping, EDC can clean the office and fuck off, too.

Failed to sign the freakiest player we've seen in ages in the NFL and failed to give him at least mediocre help in WR room. Not fucking good enough. Take your day 3 picks and go.
Being able to sign someone takes both people agreeing. If any of the reports are to be believed Lamar wants an even bigger deal than Watson.

......another delay of game off of a Timeout........

The run game guru decides to go pass happy against one of the worst run Ds.... can't make this up.

This game has traumatized me lol.
Harbs coached his ass off this team with his loyalty to his coordinators.

rossihunter2

Staff Member
Don’t know what happened to the guy from last year and even the preseason. Was always calm and in control of the offense even if it was all vanilla. Now he’s just extra panicked and making terrible decisions.

maybe it was because the preparation wasnt perfect because of the concussion protocol?
but he didnt look confident or decisive last week either...

i mean he ran the offence marginally better than anthony brown did last week in a pinch... but if that's all he has over him right now, maybe it's time to have a think about anthony brown if lamar can't go because while he's young, inexperienced and will likely make mistakes, at least he's unafraid to make mistakes and has the arm to fit the ball into tight windows (albeit maybe a little bit scattershot with his accuracy lol)

Simba

Staff Member
maybe it was because the preparation wasnt perfect because of the concussion protocol?
but he didnt look confident or decisive last week either...

i mean he ran the offence marginally better than anthony brown did last week in a pinch... but if that's all he has over him right now, maybe it's time to have a think about anthony brown if lamar can't go because while he's young, inexperienced and will likely make mistakes, at least he's unafraid to make mistakes and has the arm to fit the ball into tight windows (albeit maybe a little bit scattershot with his accuracy lol)
You aren't kidding. He's also an RFA after the season and right now, that's not a guy I'm putting a tender on...

rossihunter2

Staff Member
You aren't kidding. He's also an RFA after the season and right now, that's not a guy I'm putting a tender on...

no absolutely not
save the money - if someone else signs him then say goodbye and bring in a vet or some competition for anthony brown, if no one signs him then offer him the minimum and he can come in and compete as the incumbent at backup but very much in a competition...

he's currently 1-1 in relief
but he's 2-5 as a starter

idk that that's the kind of record that suggests unquestioned QB2 to me - certainly not given his play has shown nothing to make you think he's got room to grow and improve in any significant or meaningful way

Simba

Staff Member
no absolutely not
save the money - if someone else signs him then say goodbye and bring in a vet or some competition for anthony brown, if no one signs him then offer him the minimum and he can come in and compete as the incumbent at backup but very much in a competition...

he's currently 1-1 in relief
but he's 2-5 as a starter

idk that that's the kind of record that suggests unquestioned QB2 to me - certainly not given his play has shown nothing to make you think he's got room to grow and improve in any significant or meaningful way
1671327074609.png

UPennChem

Hall of Famer
Did Ojabo really only get 1 snap? If so that's a total waste of being active. Like wtf. Also it's INCREDIBLE to me that a team that is struggling mightily for pass catchers won't even try to use Kolar.

Last edited:

Simba

Staff Member
Did Ojabo really only get 1 snap? If so that's a total waste of being active. Like wtf. Also it's INCREDIBLE to me that a team that is struggling mightily for pass catcher won't even try to use Kolar.
Roster decisions have been some real head scratchers this year. I see no reason Boyle should be in a jersey on gamedays to sit there and play like 7 ST snaps, most of which are on the FG unit. Meanwhile we're going with 4 CBs, one of which is Seymour who is a pure STer. I know we're running light at some positions but it's time to buck up and make some tough decisions.

UPennChem

Hall of Famer
Roster decisions have been some real head scratchers this year. I see no reason Boyle should be in a jersey on gamedays to sit there and play like 7 ST snaps, most of which are on the FG unit. Meanwhile we're going with 4 CBs, one of which is Seymour who is a pure STer. I know we're running light at some positions but it's time to buck up and make some tough decisions.
Well said. Said another way, what the fuck are we doing?

Simba

Staff Member
Well said. Said another way, what the fuck are we doing?
Feels a lot like last year where we had corpses running the ball for us and somehow our only solution through the entire season was to call up Nate McCrary for one game and give him I think 2 carries, and then went right back to the corpses. Afraid to try to improve in some ways if it's at the expense of a veteran.

BoredMarine13

Ravens Ring of Honor
Just sweep the Steelers; nothing else matters this year. It's Hockey season, baby. Lets Go Bolts!

UPennChem

Hall of Famer
Feels a lot like last year where we had corpses running the ball for us and somehow our only solution through the entire season was to call up Nate McCrary for one game and give him I think 2 carries, and then went right back to the corpses. Afraid to try to improve in some ways if it's at the expense of a veteran.
It's honestly the exact same situation, you're right.