• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

The Running Game, The Mess and The Greg Roman

Simba

Staff Member
I'm scatter posting tonight because I'm mad...

It's just such a shame that Roman can't get out his own way sometimes. His running game concepts can be absolutely beautiful. Some of the misdirection and his use of pulling lineman are among the game's best. Even the passing concepts CAN be good on occasion (I still do think there's a heavy influence here on the poor personnel too, for what it's worth). But then he goes and fucks it all up by outsmarting himself. The run game was working to perfection while the passing game was struggling mightily today. What do we do? Abandon the run game the entire 4th quarter.

UPennChem

Hall of Famer
Roman defenders are jumping ship and Huntley apologists are quiet as a church mouse.

This feels.... very odd, but what a pleasant change.
Yeah... Both of those guys really exposed themselves tonight. It's not as if we didn't know, but they put on an extra special performance for us

UPennChem

Hall of Famer
I'm scatter posting tonight because I'm mad...

It's just such a shame that Roman can't get out his own way sometimes. His running game concepts can be absolutely beautiful. Some of the misdirection and his use of pulling lineman are among the game's best. Even the passing concepts CAN be good on occasion (I still do think there's a heavy influence here on the poor personnel too, for what it's worth). But then he goes and fucks it all up by outsmarting himself. The run game was working to perfection while the passing game was struggling mightily today. What do we do? Abandon the run game the entire 4th quarter.
It's like he got scared of the clock and took himself out of the game

Militant X 1

Ravens Ring of Honor
Everyone is starting to see what I have seen and have been saying for weeks about this Ravens offense and receiving unit:

29BmoreBird22

Staff Member
Writer
It's like he got scared of the clock and took himself out of the game
The one credit I could give Huntley prior to tonight is he made quick, safe decisions and tonight that went entirely out the window.

Can't believe people seriously suggested he might surprise or that a Huntley led offense couldn't be that much worse than a Lamar led offense.

There's the sadist in me that wants to see Lamar leave so that Ravens fans who doubt him can see how dynamic he makes this offense, but the Ravens fan in me wants Lamar for life.

allblackraven

Hall of Famer
I've been far from a Roman apologist but I also haven't been out for his head like some. But today... it's time to move on. Have doubts it'll happen in season but I'll be super frustrated if we try to run it back when it gets to offseason time. It's time to try some new ideas.
He is an arrogant, pompous prick. I don't understand how people haven't figured that out yet.

However, after all that we've seen over last couple of seasons, sacking him is just not enough. Everybody who enabled him should go, as well.

Last edited:

BoredMarine13

Ravens Ring of Honor
Falcons game matter significantly. Win these two and we're in.
Nah it's irrelevant, this team has no shot in the dance. Too many injuries and just a bad funk going on within the organization. Sweeping the Steelers is a nice consolation prize. I really hate those fuckers

I read some comments about Harbs after game presser that he blamed the Wrs running the wrong routes, headset issues cause delay of game, and he doesn't know how to fix the present issues.

First this is week 15 in the league if your Wrs are still running wrong routes (which seem like it's been ongoing for weeks) then this falls on the OC. I know our Wrs are scrubs but what are they doing in practice if this is continually an issue.

Second there has been an issue with delay of game for several games in a row again... this seems to be ongoing and not an out of the blue event.. I don't buy that headset issue excuse.

And finally, you are the coach getting paid millions and to say you don't know how to fix it it's very concerning to say the least. You can start by firing your useless buddy Roman.

allblackraven

Hall of Famer
The one credit I could give Huntley prior to tonight is he made quick, safe decisions and tonight that went entirely out the window.

Can't believe people seriously suggested he might surprise or that a Huntley led offense couldn't be that much worse than a Lamar led offense.

There's the sadist in me that wants to see Lamar leave so that Ravens fans who doubt him can see how dynamic he makes this offense, but the Ravens fan in me wants Lamar for life.
I'd argue, that would be a masochist in you.

Simba

Staff Member
I read some comments about Harbs after game presser that he blamed the Wrs running the wrong routes, headset issues cause delay of game, and he doesn't know how to fix the present issues.

First this is week 15 in the league if your Wrs are still running wrong routes (which seem like it's been ongoing for weeks) then this falls on the OC. I know our Wrs are scrubs but what are they doing in practice if this is continually an issue.

Second there has been an issue with delay of game for several games in a row again... this seems to be ongoing and not an out of the blue event.. I don't buy that headset issue excuse.

And finally, you are the coach getting paid millions and to say you don't know how to fix it it's very concerning to say the least. You can start by firing your useless buddy Roman.
You have to start to wonder if the WR route issues are directly connected to the play calling delays at this point. The WRs and their routes have been an issue all season and some quick film study will confirm that. But it's probably fair to start linking these plays getting in late to probably WRs not knowing what exactly to do, with no time for communication to get it worked out.

You have to start to wonder if the WR route issues are directly connected to the play calling delays at this point. The WRs and their routes have been an issue all season and some quick film study will confirm that. But it's probably fair to start linking these plays getting in late to probably WRs not knowing what exactly to do, with no time for communication to get it worked out.

So what the heck are they doing in practice?? I can't believe there is this much confusion among the Wrs.. they are bad but are they idiots lol.. If it's this much if an issue then is Roman making it too complicated... what is he doing to fix this? So many questions this is frustrating to watch.

ndub

Ravens Ring of Honor
Everybody’s overreacting including myself. We get a healthy Lamar back and our offense will be better. Nobody needs to be fired yet. We’ll be fine

Simba

Staff Member
So what the heck are they doing in practice?? I can't believe there is this much confusion among the Wrs.. they are bad but are they idiots lol.. If it's this much if an issue then is Roman making it too complicated... what is he doing to fix this? So many questions this is frustrating to watch.
That's the million dollar question. Hard to know what exactly the issue is, but it's broken and needs to be fixed or heads are going to roll.