• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

Next Up: @. Bengals

allblackraven

Hall of Famer
Exactly. He’s the most talented back on our team (I like Collins but sorry Dixon is better) and easily a starting caliber 3 down workhorse in the NFL. I have friends that are Steelers fans that are scared af of Dixon after the way he played his rookie year. For anyone to say they already like Turner more than Dixon is straight up moronic. Players get unlucky injuries. That’s just the NFL. But to just give up on such a talented player because of stupid injuries that happened by chance is ridiculous.
Talent isn't debatable but you can hardly call a back 'workhorse' if he's played in 8-9 out of 33-34 possible games. And it's not only injuries in games - he's often having issues during camp/practices, he isn't doing something right.

Oldfaithful

Hall of Famer
Oh I know Dixon is good. I just like Turner. I don't think Turner is going to be anything more than a home run threat compliment. If he's anything good as a receiver and/or pass protector we might've found ourselves a nice little third down back.

Workhorses are rare and we run a good committee. A workhorse would be nice down the line. But it's not going to make or break the team nor is it a requirement for a ring. See the Patriots, and Eagles.

Jacquouille

Ravens Ring of Honor
Supporter
I really like what I see from Turner. If he can prove he has any semblance of value as a receiver out of the backfield he could be a nice option that way. He's nothing special, but he could be a solid player
He has a small Alex Collins vibe tbh. Wiggle-ish player with burst and more power than his size would suggest. Also dreads.

Jacquouille

Ravens Ring of Honor
Supporter
If we want to talk about workhorse as the guy who's going to keep churning yards carries after carries, I feel like people forget about Buck way too often. Whether inside or outside, his ability to keep going forward through contact and get a couple of extra yards repeatedly is what he's really good at and what allows for easier down and distance conditions at any point during the game.

DeVito52

Ravens Ring of Honor
If we want to talk about workhorse as the guy who's going to keep churning yards carries after carries, I feel like people forget about Buck way too often. Whether inside or outside, his ability to keep going forward through contact and get a couple of extra yards repeatedly is what he's really good at and what allows for easier down and distance conditions at any point during the game.
...no?

Tank

Hall of Famer
Don't think he's really proven to be a workhorse type, but his receiving skills out of the backfield are unmatched on the squad. I'm really excited to see what DeLance may bring, could be a surprise X factor.

Jacquouille

Ravens Ring of Honor
Supporter
Don't think he's really proven to be a workhorse type, but his receiving skills out of the backfield are unmatched on the squad. I'm really excited to see what DeLance may bring, could be a surprise X factor.
I'm not talking workhorse in the sense of "he should get 30 touches a game", I'm saying that if you want a reliable, no nonsense runner that will give you positive runs on a consistent basis, especially in critical moments when you want to control the clock, he's your guy.

Tank

Hall of Famer
I'm not talking workhorse in the sense of "he should get 30 touches a game", I'm saying that if you want a reliable, no nonsense runner that will give you positive runs on a consistent basis, especially in critical moments when you want to control the clock, he's your guy.
Gotcha. And most important, he doesn't fumble.

cdp

Ravens Ring of Honor
look no further than last week's game.
This is Winks first real test, I hope we can stop Mixon early in the game, but Bernard was the RB causing problems for us in the past and not Hill.
I'm excited to see other plays from our revamped playbook.

ALI624

Pro Bowler
Hoping the Ravens revenge tour continues tonight. Hate to see us not being able to capitalize on our momentum even though it is going to be a hard fought game. Love to start 2-0 and at least give us a better shot at making the playoffs.

RavensPunkXVX

Pro Bowler
I like to read articles about the picks for the week. This was the best one out of the bunch.

Ravens at Bengals (-1): The Bengals beat an awful Colts team, so they'll be overrated to some degree, and I imagine the line is Cincy -1 because they're home on a Thursday night. Meh. I'll take the Ravens, who didn't face much resistance at all from the Bills Week 1, and will still be fresh on a short week this early in the season. Baltimore is incredibly boring to watch, but they're better than perceived.

I wouldn’t call the 40 point outburst boring by any stretch.

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
the problem in terms of me giving up on him is that all those injuries have been freak occurrences i.e. him getting rolled up on and he's never showed lingering effects of those injuries when coming back

this isnt a campanaro situation or a breshad situation where we wait forever for the talent to emerge

dixon has already proven multiple times he's worth a roster spot - only his availability is the issue but outside of the 4 week suspension he got, none of his missed time has come from anything other than freak injuries - he's been unlucky
Absolutely, and 39 of his 44 yards were after contact. He’s a beast.

RL52TheGreatest

Ravens Ring of Honor

Buck is just a solid player. He's not gonna "wow" anyone, but he does whatever he needs to do in order to help the team win.

ALI624

Pro Bowler
Buck is like the streakiest running back in the league he seems to go for 8 yards then 10 then 9 in a row then his next three will be 1,0,1.

The Greek

Veteran
thoughts on trading for devontae booker to add depth to rb group. if we lose either collins or allen we are in trouble so trading for someone seems logical imo. not saying it must be booker but someone buried on any team that seems loaded at rb

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer
thoughts on trading for devontae booker to add depth to rb group. if we lose either collins or allen we are in trouble so trading for someone seems logical imo. not saying it must be booker but someone buried on any team that seems loaded at rb
Frank gore

Dom McRaven

Hall of Famer
I don't know about you guys, but I can already feel pissed off about this game. Why? Because historically, week 2 performances are underachieving after great/dominant week 1 performances. Not only that, but Hurst is still starting and I get this feeling that Flacco is going to get hurt because of Hurst............you know what, let me just stop now.

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer
I don't know about you guys, but I can already feel pissed off about this game. Why? Because historically, week 2 performances are underachieving after great/dominant week 1 performances. Not only that, but Hurst is still starting and I get this feeling that Flacco is going to get hurt because of Hurst............you know what, let me just stop now.
You love to mention the I word way too often