• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

Next Up: @. Bengals

rossihunter2

Staff Member
Canady is the surprise there - and ironically canady being injured is probably the reason we've been inactive with roster moves for additional running backs tbh because the obvious player to drop for Edwards or Turner is darious williams who will now be active as the 5th corner almost certainly on Thursday

Deebo813

Hall of Famer
He already did wtf are you talking about? All you do is hate on certain players and usually the wrong ones.

Go ahead, put your foot in your mouth again with your explanation.
I dont hate certain players, just the ones yall hype up thats suppose to be so incredible. Only thing i dont like about hump is the fact he has no ball awareness! Its crazy cause crabtree killed hump, yet yall made excuses tha crabtree pushed off and certain catches that game wasnt hump fault, but when dalton was throwing those horrible ass passes to aj green and even though he was still catching them but just couldnt keep his feet inbounds, no one made excuses for green nor did anyone notice that everytime green caught one of those bad passes, all hump had to do was look for the ball and he probably wouldve had atleast 2ints on those sideline throws! i understand though, most fans are bias

rossihunter2

Staff Member
According to PFF, Andy Dalton was pressured on 10 dropbacks in week one. He completed 2 of 7 passes, had one batted, one intercepted and was sacked twice in those 10 plays. When he wasn't pressured, Dalton completed 19/21 passes (90.5%), for a 9.4 YPA, 2 TDs and a 137.5 Rating.

the colts pass rush is not particularly notable either - this will likely be the key to the game - which pass rush dominates which OL more...

29BmoreBird22

Staff Member
Writer
This is one thing I didn't put into the article just because it didn't quite fit, but this really pissed me off-

Some writers and scouts are still treating the Ravens like they're a bad team just because they don't think the Bills are a good team. I agree, the Bills are horrendous, but the Ravens curb stomped the Bills and then threw gasoline on the body, lit a match, and set dynamite next to it, all while never receiving a speck of dirt on their clothes. One AFC personnel figure was talking to BleacherReport and said what amounted to, "Joe is the worst quarterback in the league. It was just the Bills." Yeah, just the Bills in torrential downpour. But show me how many other teams but up 47 points in the pouring rain.

On the other hand, the Bengals are being praised by the media for overcoming adversity to beat the Colts when they were down. Now, I may be crazy, but the Colts were considered a bottom feeder team in the NFL this year as well. If they were going to do ANYTHING this year, it was due to Luck, not because they have a talented team.

But yes, let's praise the Bengals for coming back and showing the ability to overcome difficulties while ignoring that they even allowed themselves to go down to the Colts in the first place.

DeVito52

Ravens Ring of Honor
Canady is the surprise there - and ironically canady being injured is probably the reason we've been inactive with roster moves for additional running backs tbh because the obvious player to drop for Edwards or Turner is darious williams who will now be active as the 5th corner almost certainly on Thursday
Actually I knew this was coming hehe...just like I mentioned earlier

DeVito52

Ravens Ring of Honor
This is one thing I didn't put into the article just because it didn't quite fit, but this really pissed me off-

Some writers and scouts are still treating the Ravens like they're a bad team just because they don't think the Bills are a good team. I agree, the Bills are horrendous, but the Ravens curb stomped the Bills and then threw gasoline on the body, lit a match, and set dynamite next to it, all while never receiving a speck of dirt on their clothes. One AFC personnel figure was talking to BleacherReport and said what amounted to, "Joe is the worst quarterback in the league. It was just the Bills." Yeah, just the Bills in torrential downpour. But show me how many other teams but up 47 points in the pouring rain.

On the other hand, the Bengals are being praised by the media for overcoming adversity to beat the Colts when they were down. Now, I may be crazy, but the Colts were considered a bottom feeder team in the NFL this year as well. If they were going to do ANYTHING this year, it was due to Luck, not because they have a talented team.

But yes, let's praise the Bengals for coming back and showing the ability to overcome difficulties while ignoring that they even allowed themselves to go down to the Colts in the first place.
All true, but one thing I’ve noticed is that the Ravens are getting a lot of praise from the media, too. Almost too much. I like always being the underdogs

The Greek

Veteran
would like to see the running game be more consistent thursday night. stay healthy out there. any news on brittle dixon? who do we have on the p squad to promote if dixon is a no go?

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
Dixon is confirmed as out vs the Bengals and expected to miss "several" weeks

if that's seriously the case im amazed we havent promoted edwards or turner and got rid of someone like darious williams...
I'd put dixon on IR. In eight weeks he could be eligible to bring back, but you don't have to designate to return anymore.

rossihunter2

Staff Member

stomp the bengals and we'll have more than just the GMFB crew hyping us up - we'll be tricky to ignore if we perform well this week too

rossihunter2

Staff Member
would like to see the running game be more consistent thursday night. stay healthy out there. any news on brittle dixon? who do we have on the p squad to promote if dixon is a no go?

Gus Edwards and De'Lance Turner who were both good in the preseason but didnt show any traits that would suggest to me they'll ever be matchup problems in the NFL which ultimately means they're a worst case backup scenario (but at least they know the playbook and can play special teams and importantly can come in and physically carry the ball if they get elevated to the 53)

dixon is confirmed out for this week and the only info we have is rapsheet reported that sources told him that dixon will be out for 'several weeks' but nothing more specific except that we know it's a knee injury from the injury report

at this point in the week i imagine we wont be promoting anyone to the 53 and well run with 2 backs and because we havent done that it would surprise me if we dixon is out for a long time

rossihunter2

Staff Member
I'd put dixon on IR. In eight weeks he could be eligible to bring back, but you don't have to designate to return anymore.

if we were going to IR him though we'd have done it by now because as soon as we play the bengals we have to wait an extra week to get him back
we have to wait for minimum 8 weeks until he can come back but once we play the bengals that adds a week if we havent IRed him by then im fairly sure

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
if we were going to IR him though we'd have done it by now because as soon as we play the bengals we have to wait an extra week to get him back
we have to wait for minimum 8 weeks until he can come back but once we play the bengals that adds a week if we havent IRed him by then im fairly sure
Yep, has to be done within a day

29BmoreBird22

Staff Member
Writer

Yep, has to be done within a day
Ask and you shall receive. Official Ravens account tweeted he's on IR and Turner is up.

Reactions: cdp

rossihunter2

Staff Member
Ask and you shall receive. Official Ravens account tweeted he's on IR and Turner is up.

great, exactly who I wanted

haha literally within 5 minutes lol - cool so we'll get dixon back week 9

and of the 2 i definitely prefer turner to edwards - edwards did fine as a preseason workhorse but offers nothing special
turner showed some big play ability and that's more useful as a back who's likely sees very few carries