• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

Next Up: @. Bengals

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
Ask and you shall receive. Official Ravens account tweeted he's on IR and Turner is up.
sometimes I wonder if they are reading these boards, then I come to my senses and realize, if they were reading these boards. Hurst wouldn't be on the team or atleast not starting at RT.

So over Dixon and at this point I honeslty like Turner better. Dixon was already a bubble player and he had injury issues dating back to College. It's a trend at this point and he's never going to play healthy for us.

Oldfaithful

Hall of Famer
I really like what I see from Turner. If he can prove he has any semblance of value as a receiver out of the backfield he could be a nice option that way. He's nothing special, but he could be a solid player

you guys are down on dixon real fast... yes he's been unreliable but he's been a clear starting calibre player when he's on the field - and probably the best inside runner on the team since he's been on the team (even as a rookie)
It's just been too consistent for my taste. Guy was on the bubble coming into this season and once again he's going to miss multiple games. For it to happen for one year is a problem in itself, but for when it happens for three years straight then it becomes a trend and doesn't offer a positive outlook on his future.

rossihunter2

Staff Member
It's just been too consistent for my taste. Guy was on the bubble coming into this season and once again he's going to miss multiple games. For it to happen for one year is a problem in itself, but for when it happens for three years straight then it becomes a trend and doesn't offer a positive outlook on his future.

the problem in terms of me giving up on him is that all those injuries have been freak occurrences i.e. him getting rolled up on and he's never showed lingering effects of those injuries when coming back

this isnt a campanaro situation or a breshad situation where we wait forever for the talent to emerge

dixon has already proven multiple times he's worth a roster spot - only his availability is the issue but outside of the 4 week suspension he got, none of his missed time has come from anything other than freak injuries - he's been unlucky

the problem in terms of me giving up on him is that all those injuries have been freak occurrences i.e. him getting rolled up on and he's never showed lingering effects of those injuries when coming back

this isnt a campanaro situation or a breshad situation where we wait forever for the talent to emerge

dixon has already proven multiple times he's worth a roster spot - only his availability is the issue but outside of the 4 week suspension he got, none of his missed time has come from anything other than freak injuries - he's been unlucky
It's not just something that has occured during game-time or the regular season. This is something that has lingered since the off-season/training camp since the time he got here. His ability to stay healthy all year is shady and he has not proven he can get through an off-season healthy. He had some issues in College and it might have came from an really heavy workload during his time in Louisiana tech.

Ellicottraven

Ravens Ring of Honor
The thing is with the Ravens you are never super confident about winning against anybody. Therein lies the dilemma for this team. No matter how well they play one week, it is entirely plausible that they'll lay an egg the very next week and so on and so forth for the whole season. I just want to see enough consistency from the Ravens where every game isn't stressful till the end.

ravenslord

Ravens Ring of Honor
The thing is with the Ravens you are never super confident about winning against anybody. Therein lies the dilemma for this team. No matter how well they play one week, it is entirely plausible that they'll lay an egg the very next week and so on and so forth for the whole season. I just want to see enough consistency from the Ravens where every game isn't stressful till the end.
Well I was expecting the Bills game to be your normal stress filled event but by halftime everyone was quite happy .

Dom McRaven

Hall of Famer
Well I was expecting the Bills game to be your normal stress filled event but by halftime everyone was quite happy .
Same. I actually turned my TV to the Red Zone channel for the remainder of the afternoon towards the middle of the 3rd. That's as stress-free as it gets. Too bad, it'll be the only time we get to see, but it'd be awesome if we get another opportunity like that.

RayRayRaven

Veteran
One thing is certain. No excuses. We are about fully stocked. We didn't miss Hurst last...and Dixon has never really produced anything significant. Let the game begin

DeVito52

Ravens Ring of Honor
you guys are down on dixon real fast... yes he's been unreliable but he's been a clear starting calibre player when he's on the field - and probably the best inside runner on the team since he's been on the team (even as a rookie)
Exactly. He’s the most talented back on our team (I like Collins but sorry Dixon is better) and easily a starting caliber 3 down workhorse in the NFL. I have friends that are Steelers fans that are scared af of Dixon after the way he played his rookie year. For anyone to say they already like Turner more than Dixon is straight up moronic. Players get unlucky injuries. That’s just the NFL. But to just give up on such a talented player because of stupid injuries that happened by chance is ridiculous.