• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

Next Up: @ Bengals (Wildcard Round)

BoredMarine13

Ravens Ring of Honor
anthony Brown vs Joe Burrow. 2 extremely elite QBs
Brown’s coming out party. Going to light up the Bengals and go on a run. EDC will trade him for a second to recoup our draft pick.

Brown’s coming out party. Going to light up the Bengals and go on a run. EDC will trade him for a second to recoup our draft pick.
Now wouldn’t that be special? Lol, I’m not so sure EDC will be in a hurry to trade him If he shocks the world though. Depending on what happens with Lamar we may need a young, elite QB. LOL

OURavensFan

Ravens Ring of Honor
Bengals Reddit and I can corroborate most real life fans think this way too:

I don’t think the QB makes a difference. I wouldn’t feel any more nervous about facing Jackson than I do Huntley. I’m only worried about the Bengals as they will have total control over the outcome. If the Bengals come out and Burrow has control of the offense, there’s nothing the Ravens can do to win the game. It’s that simple.

If Burrow comes out missing throws like last week and just disappears for 2.5 quarters, and the Ravens get some turnovers they could win. But it will have little to do with anything the Ravens do.

This would be true whether Jackson is playing or not.

Also, I hope the officials call a more impartial game this time around. Last week was an abomination.

Simba

Staff Member
Tylan Wallace missing practice with a hamstring injury, which means we'll probably need to add 1 or 2 WRs off the PS.

So your sponsored weekly WR group ad:
DRob, Sammy, Proche + 1 or 2 of Andy Isabella, Binjimen Victor, Mike Thomas, Tarik Black, and Shemar Bridges

QtR Nevermore

Pro Bowler
I don’t think the QB makes a difference. I wouldn’t feel any more nervous about facing Jackson than I do Huntley. I’m only worried about the Bengals as they will have total control over the outcome. If the Bengals come out and Burrow has control of the offense, there’s nothing the Ravens can do to win the game. It’s that simple.
This seems crazy to me. If the Bengals just execute their offense, you're saying there's no way the Ravens could beat them, even with Lamar? You're not even talking about Cincinnati playing their A game, just "if Burrow has control of the offense"?

The Ravens have a better run game than the Bengals, and probably edge it on defense and special teams too. Of course, Cinci's passing game is miles ahead but to say Lamar couldn't possibly narrow that gap enough for a Ravens win seems mental.

allblackraven

Hall of Famer
Tylan Wallace missing practice with a hamstring injury, which means we'll probably need to add 1 or 2 WRs off the PS.

So your sponsored weekly WR group ad:
DRob, Sammy, Proche + 1 or 2 of Andy Isabella, Binjimen Victor, Mike Thomas, Tarik Black, and Shemar Bridges
Jut came off IR, active one game, injured again. Are these guys on a Burger King and Nutella diet?

Dom McRaven

Hall of Famer
Bengals Reddit and I can corroborate most real life fans think this way too:

If Burrow comes out missing throws like last week and just disappears for 2.5 quarters, and the Ravens get some turnovers they could win. But it will have little to do with anything the Ravens do.

This would be true whether Jackson is playing or not.

Also, I hope the officials call a more impartial game this time around. Last week was an abomination.
If Bengals Reddit was saying this, kudos to them for keeping it a buck. Why you were on Bengals Reddit in the first place is another issue of itself but I guess I understand LMAO.

OURavensFan

Ravens Ring of Honor
Damn it I’m worried the team will be distracted with all this bullshit now. Sammy Watkins needs to be gone next year for good

Simba

Staff Member
Damn it I’m worried the team will be distracted with all this bullshit now. Sammy Watkins needs to be gone next year for good
I mean I'd bet they already are. Didn't have too many concerns until that quote. If that's how Sammy feels, you can bet there are other players in that locker room having the same thoughts. Sammy was just the only one stupid enough to verbalize it.