• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

Next Up: @ Bengals (Wildcard Round)

OURavensFan

Ravens Ring of Honor
Don’t understand all the Watkins hate(for other than the fact he’s not very good). It’s likely he’s expressing what pretty much any player in the locker room feels, he wouldn’t risk alienating himself at this juncture.
Last year he said for Lamar’s sake he absolutely has to beat Mahomes or else

Lamar vs. Joe burrow. I don’t think the league was certain that Lamar wasn’t playing in this game until yesterday. Ihi mean all indications leading up to yesterday were that Lamar was going to be ready for this game.
Well it had to be something so that must be it. I don't entirely get the whole "all indications" were that he'd play. I never had an inkling in that direction but thats just me. Seems like if you're thinking that you should make it the 430 game because you don't know for sure.

Simba

Staff Member
If any of them have an issue with Lamar, let them nearly tear the knee ligament and put $200M on the line, then ask them again.
I was more posting this to point out the angle that it's seemingly impacting the locker room and you can probably largely tie it to how this situation has been handled from both perspectives.

gtalk12

Ravens Ring of Honor
Doesn't help that no matter what John, EDC, Lamar, or Ozzie says about anything because the media is going to media and try to find something.

And they did....with Watkins stupid ass who was just picked up. A guy who really hasn't done much regardless of the QB or team. Who the fuck is he to say something about Lamar's injury?

If Marlo said it then it would have some weight.

allblackraven

Hall of Famer
I was more posting this to point out the angle that it's seemingly impacting the locker room and you can probably largely tie it to how this situation has been handled from both perspectives.
Yeah, I know, I meant Zrebiec and whoever else is asking.

And I don't believe for a second that any long time Ravens are actually frustrated with Lamar.

It’s is kinda weird. Burrow definitely has a following but Cinci/Baltimore are small market. Idk there aren’t a ton of great options either. Cowboys/Bucs definitely makes sense on Monday, going to draw a huge audience. Jags/Charges are the best option but they got the night slot on Saturday. Everything else feels like a wash
The Vikings are the obvious choice to me. They've been playing close games all year and they had that holiday miracle not too long ago.
As a Ravens fan, I'd rather see Minn in Primetime.

Militant X 1

Ravens Ring of Honor
Last year he said for Lamar’s sake he absolutely has to beat Mahomes or else
That was for his sake as well being a former Chiefs player. Sammy is just expressing his thoughts that the offense is better with Lamar. Something that we all have clearly seen and known.

Thezone27

Ravens Ring of Honor
The Vikings are the obvious choice to me. They've been playing close games all year and they had that holiday miracle not too long ago.
As a Ravens fan, I'd rather see Minn in Primetime.
Because it is a Ravens playoff game, I am of course staying up to watch it, but I usually go to sleep at like 10, and I would much prefer if the game was at 1

Militant X 1

Ravens Ring of Honor
I truly do not know why the league chose this game for primetime. Lamar's status was always in question and Baltimore had been scoring single digits in recent games. What about that is must-see-tv?
I do: it's because of the former Super Bowl participants, the former AFC Conference Champions and back-to-back AFC North Champions, The Cincinnati Bengals. It has nothing to do with the Ravens whatsoever IMHO.

Sandtown

Pro Bowler
If any of them have an issue with Lamar, let them nearly tear the knee ligament and put $200M on the line, then ask them again.

I think they have the right to feel certain way about. I don't think it's a shot at LJ but being frustrated with a matter when there was expectations that LJ would play this Sunday is very very understandable to me. Fans legit get frustrated just cause Harbaugh don't give the full detail on injuries so I can only imagine how players feel when they expecting good news on their franchise quarterback to play soon and it doesn't happen

gtalk12

Ravens Ring of Honor
I think they have the right to feel certain way about. I don't think it's a shot at LJ but being frustrated with a matter when there was expectations that LJ would play this Sunday is very very understandable to me. Fans legit get frustrated just cause Harbaugh don't give the full detail on injuries so I can only imagine how players feel when they expecting good news on their franchise quarterback to play soon and it doesn't happen

“He can will this team to a Super Bowl. I don’t think he’s thinking about it that way. . . .”

This is a weird thing to say and he later goes on to admit that he’s being selfish

allblackraven

Hall of Famer
And what pisses me the most is that everything at this point appears intentional doing by the team. And by 'by the team' I mean SB.

If it's not intentional, it's incredibly stupid and I don't know which option I hate more.

Well it had to be something so that must be it. I don't entirely get the whole "all indications" were that he'd play. I never had an inkling in that direction but thats just me. Seems like if you're thinking that you should make it the 430 game because you don't know for sure.
Nah, it really doesn’t matter to me what time the game is played, but it might matter to the league. I’m sure they would prefer a Lamar vs. burrow matchup in prime time, The league set the schedule on Monday the 9th, 2 or 3 days before the Lamar tweet, and at that point everyone was thinking that there was still a chance that Lamar would play this week.

Thezone27

Ravens Ring of Honor
Nah, it really doesn’t matter to me what time the game is played, but it might matter to the league. I’m sure they would prefer a Lamar vs. burrow matchup in prime time, The league set the schedule on Monday the 9th, 2 or 3 days before the Lamar tweet, and at that point everyone was thinking that there was still a chance that Lamar would play this week.
well just saying did anyone really expect Lamar to play this week?

Tank

Hall of Famer
I’m hopeful the team channels all this negative bullshit into a positive force and kick some ass Sunday night. No one is giving them a chance, but there’s a ton of talent and being challenged like this will give them incentive to go all out.

OURavensFan

Ravens Ring of Honor
I’m hopeful the team channels all this negative bullshit into a positive force and kick some ass Sunday night. No one is giving them a chance, but there’s a ton of talent and being challenged like this will give them incentive to go all out.
Me too, we need to focus back on the smug ass bengals, low IQ Gronk, the media giving us no chance and even Lamar wants the team to win. Fuck burrow, fuck Zac Taylor, fuck chase and Mixon, fuck their cocky fans, fuck them all.

We have all off season for the other bullshit