• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

The Defence, The Offence and The Clutching Defeat from the Jaws of Victory

Ludy51

Hall of Famer
Normally I’d agree but this is a team that has struggled heavily in the red zone. We were going to need more plays since we were just inside the 20. Instead, we huddled in the 2 minute and ran 35 seconds off the clock. Ran out of time to dig out of the inevitable hole we’d put ourselves in
I mean we had time to go over the middle, Huntley just wasted it running around.

Or maybe Roman just called 4 Verts 3 times, I don’t know the routes we were running.

Either way, had we tried to get it back piecmeal, we had the time and the timeouts to do so and just…didn’t.

BoredMarine13

Ravens Ring of Honor
Just saw an ig live from a bengals players… i swear nobody in the locker room is hyped for the win.. idk if its too early or what but nobody seems to be hyped
They got humbled bro, they got shit to figure out on defense and they know it

BoredMarine13

Ravens Ring of Honor

Sandtown

Pro Bowler
Thought the game was enjoyable. Sucks The Ravens didn't win but alot of Ravens fans didn't think The Ravens even had a chance but the game was pretty close and the scoreboard was pretty tight. I'm proud of my team and was glad to see them but up a fight. I'm grateful for this season even though things didn't go the way as expected but The Ravens want to the playoffs and played like they belonged.

That's some alot on here probably didn't expect cause some called this team lousy and terrible. Y'all enjoy rest the day and hopefully next year is better

Grim

Ravens Ring of Honor
The time management wasn’t great. That was on Harbaugh. No doubt about that at all. The play calls were definitely on Roman. Huntley looked like he was behind the 2013 Ravens OL when they blocked fine. The dude looked lost like 100 guys were coming at him. The problem with the timeouts is we weren’t within the 10. I understand not leaving a lot of time but we suck in the RZ. Furthermore our defence has played well enough. In that situation you can’t play scared.

allblackraven

Hall of Famer
Nothing bad to say about the players. They fought and played decent. Limits are limits, can't do much about that.

That's where good coaching helps. I cannot get over the opossum in the headlights after our last first down at 1:06 to go, with 2 time outs left. If I'm the boss, he doesn't board the plane back to Baltimore. Ann Arbor is close enough. He can take Uber.

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
I do t see any issue with the time management at the end, you want to end the drive wihh th as little time left as possible. The issue was having Huntley constantly running around like a chicken with its head cut off throwing it out of bounds putting you in 4th and 20
I also think the reason they were huddling was to use as much of the clock as possible. The one problem with that is you can't do what you do best and that is run the ball.