• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

The Defence, The Offence and The Clutching Defeat from the Jaws of Victory

Grim

Ravens Ring of Honor
I’d be pissed if I was Dobbins. Literally carried the offense in the first half and was completely pulled out of the game plan as a runner in the red zone
I still don’t understand this. Who decided this?

Sandtown

Pro Bowler
I definitely understand why Harbaugh allow the clock to go down so much. I wouldn't give The Bengals offense enough time to score or get a field goal with Joe Burrow throwing to the receiver he has after scoring a touchdown. Huntley may have been solid for most of night but you don't want him in shoot out against a team like The Bengals

Simba

Staff Member
It’s been mentioned a few times, but also have to highlight the inexplicable play calling at the end of the 1st half. What the fuck even was that? Getting 7 there swings momentum heavily

cobrajet

Hall of Famer
Only good thing for me we got out of this game with no injuries requiring off season surgery and we don’t have to worry about that next week happening next week. Except for Lamar we are going into the offseason with nothing major for a change and some players will be a year removed from injury. Need Lamar, Bateman, Pierce, and Fuller to heal, nail this draft, and pickup a decent backup QB and WR.

Davesta

Ravens Ring of Honor
Whelp.. mock draft szn boys. What draft slot are we?

gtalk12

Ravens Ring of Honor
Very proud of the effort our guys showed out there.

Tyler did the best that he could. Dobbins looked like Dobbins out there again and my defense really zoned in after a shaky start.

Thank you Oweh for saving your best for the playoffs. Kyle Hamilton has a knack for big hits. And R Smith looked every bit like the LB we always wanted. The defense looks like it’s going to be great for a while and I’m excited for the future there.

With Lamar back next year I look forward to leaning on Dobbins more to take the pressure off of Lamar. The future looks fun again

With that being said……..

Fuck Greg Roman, Fuck Sammy Watkins, and fuck the media.

We really abandoned running Dobbins in the RZ

Davesta

Ravens Ring of Honor
Only good thing for me we got out of this game with no injuries requiring off season surgery and we don’t have to worry about that next week happening next week. Except for Lamar we are going into the offseason with nothing major for a change and some players will be a year removed from injury. Need Lamar, Bateman, Pierce, and Fuller to heal, nail this draft, and pickup a decent backup QB and WR.

Fuller was on a 1 year deal right?

Bateman.. let’s hope he comes back healthy. Lisfranc usually take a while to heal

Dom McRaven

Hall of Famer
I saw a tweet from a Bengals beat writer saying that the Bengals weren't doing much celebrating. I decided to torture myself by looking at the tweets. By the looks of it, it seems that the Bengals fans were pretty humbled.

Simba

Staff Member
Also want to give props to Huntley. A lot of us have been shitting on him all season. And while he wasn’t great, he was much closer to the guy we saw last season than the one we got late this year. Looked a lot more mechanically sound which provided some semblance of a downfield passing game today. Decision making was still rough but glad he rebounded some.

RaineV1

Ravens Ring of Honor
I will say, as bad as Huntley was at times we shouldn't expect another backup to come in and genuinely be better. There's like three backups in the NFL that are worth a damn in important games. For the rest it's just different flavors of underwhelming play.

Tank

Hall of Famer
Also want to give props to Huntley. A lot of us have been shitting on him all season. And while he wasn’t great, he was much closer to the guy we saw last season than the one we got late this year. Looked a lot more mechanically sound which provided some semblance of a downfield passing game today. Decision making was still rough but glad he rebounded some.
Yeah, there’s a contingent here that love to hate on him, but for who and what he is he played well. Feel bad for him that he will wrongly be blamed for the loss.

SepticeyePoe

Hall of Famer
I saw a tweet from a Bengals beat writer saying that the Bengals weren't doing much celebrating. I decided to torture myself by looking at the tweets. By the looks of it, it seems that the Bengals fans were pretty humbled.
They play any of the other teams and they're going home.

rossihunter2

Staff Member

makes you think the shoulder really was part of the issue

feels rough praising him when ultimately he shoulders the blame for the biggest plays in the game not going our way because this offence did something it hasnt done since november today (which is score 2 TDs in the same game)

and im not gonna rag on him that much about the mistakes because he's probably gonna be torturing himself about those plays anyway

but no reason not to bring in competition - or allow AB to improve and compete