• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

The 2023 Offseason Thread

UPennChem

Hall of Famer
Kinda dumb but like how was Monken not on Harbs' radar.....

Dude was the OC of the back to back college playoff champions in a situation where those teams had good defenses, a dual threat QB, elite TEs, and a weak WR room.....

rossihunter2

Staff Member
Kinda dumb but like how was Monken not on Harbs' radar.....

Dude was the OC of the back to back college playoff champions in a situation where those teams had good defenses, a dual threat QB, elite TEs, and a weak WR room.....

wasnt it more that no one was "on his radar" - that's why they put together that group led by anthony weaver to find potential OC candidates

also, a bit charitable calling stetson bennett "a dual threat"

UPennChem

Hall of Famer
wasnt it more that no one was "on his radar" - that's why they put together that group led by anthony weaver to find potential OC candidates

also, a bit charitable calling stetson bennett "a dual threat"
Ok then it's even worse lol. How was Monken not on the entire hiring committee's radar?

Why is Stetson not dual threat? He did a considerable amount of scrambling no? Actually a bunch for TDs as I recall.

rossihunter2

Staff Member
Ok then it's even worse lol. How was Monken not on the entire hiring committee's radar?

Why is Stetson not dual threat? He did a considerable amount of scrambling no? Actually a bunch for TDs as I recall.

lol it's a fluid process - they didnt just hand harbs a list, he was taking references and recommendations etc. and they set up the committee to help him find and interview people that he might have not known about

and why would you assume he'd know about georgia and todd monken? i doubt he's been watching much non-michigan college football the last 15 years...

and if stetson's a dual threat then every QB who's not a statue is a dual-threat - he's not a QB run guy beyond the occasional draw play (which mostly work because defences dont consider him a dual threat)

UPennChem

Hall of Famer
lol it's a fluid process - they didnt just hand harbs a list, he was taking references and recommendations etc. and they set up the committee to help him find and interview people that he might have not known about

and why would you assume he'd know about georgia and todd monken? i doubt he's been watching much non-michigan college football the last 15 years...

and if stetson's a dual threat then every QB who's not a statue is a dual-threat - he's not a QB run guy beyond the occasional draw play (which mostly work because defences dont consider him a dual threat)
Yeah don't get me wrong, I'm not saying he's Lamar lmao. He's just also not Kirk Cousins

Deebo813

Hall of Famer
Lol wtf

Attachments

• 81B29471-9CE9-4CD5-A605-8CD06ADF9EA4.jpeg
    81B29471-9CE9-4CD5-A605-8CD06ADF9EA4.jpeg
    1.3 MB · Views: 73

BoredMarine13

Ravens Ring of Honor
Facts

gtalk12

Ravens Ring of Honor
Since Lamar has started for us, isn't our record like 4-1 against them?