• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

The 2023 Offseason Thread

allblackraven

Hall of Famer
He basically is.. unless someone gets injured, flowers, odell, beckham and andrews are all options ahead of him. Those guys could potentially get him good looks though if he is actually on the field
You probably meant Bateman, not Beckham but I reckon Agholor must be ahead of him, too.

Ellicottraven

Ravens Ring of Honor
You probably meant Bateman, not Beckham but I reckon Agholor must be ahead of him, too.
If Bateman can prove to be the talented WR that he proved to be for some time last year, and OBJ is fully recovered and healthy, we will be a great team with Zay, Agholor and Duvernay in that order of usage.

JO_75

Hall of Famer
As long Duv can be our Devin Hester and just stick to being the Pro Bowl returner he is, he can stay. He can be what Jacoby Jones was to the 2012 team, so likely making an amazing catch that helps us beat KC in Arrowhead lol.

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer
I don’t have a ton of faith in duvernay but there’s no guarantee that he can’t beat our agholor for wr4. After some film review it became apparent that duvernay was not playing full speed and was hampered. He might mess around and find himself producing more than agholor just on manufactured touches and the occasional slant and run/deep ball, if agholor doesn’t bring his hands this year it could definitely happen, because duvernay doesn’t really drop balls.

UPennChem

Hall of Famer
I don’t have a ton of faith in duvernay but there’s no guarantee that he can’t beat our agholor for wr4. After some film review it became apparent that duvernay was not playing full speed and was hampered. He might mess around and find himself producing more than agholor just on manufactured touches and the occasional slant and run/deep ball, if agholor doesn’t bring his hands this year it could definitely happen, because duvernay doesn’t really drop balls.
For sure. I don't think it happens mostly because I think Agholor is a pretty good receiver. I know that's an unpopular opinion.

But all accounts have also been that Agholor started working with Lamar in Florida before OTAs and has been making guys look silly at OTAs thus far. Usually we get James Proche makes a bunch of tough catches blah. But this was like Agholor consistently went up and athletically high pointed the ball for TDs.

He was a 1st round pick for a reason. Add him to a group of Bateman, OBJ, Flowers, and Andrews and I think he really shines. But for that reason I think Duv would too. It would probably just need to be on more manufacturered stuff I'd think because barring injuries there's not a lot of playing time available to him

rmcjacket23

Ravens Ring of Honor
I mean its kind of semantics anyway. What's the difference between WR4 and WR5 with a stud TE on the roster? They're not playing a lot of snaps, nor are they getting many targets, unless there's at least 1-2 injuries.

And even then, playing time would be situational.

Deebo813

Hall of Famer
Tbh i dnt even see agholor getting alot of touches.. we still have andrews and hopefully likely gets involved

UPennChem

Hall of Famer
Jeff Z makes a good point. If the Ravens are not comfortable with Huntley in the Monken offense and feel better about JJ, than they could give Huntley the option to get snaps elsewhere while saving 2.6M dollars. Which is not inconsequential at all

marklar

Pro Bowler
With the daily media hype on Monken, the fanbase probably think he invented the wheel at this point. With that , fans will have insane expectations and the pitchfork will be out the first time Jackson throws for less than 300.

JO_75

Hall of Famer
I'd say give him a new contract, he's been very good for us. I think he has like a $5M cap hit or something, so we can lower it as part of the extended.

rmcjacket23

Ravens Ring of Honor
I'd say give him a new contract, he's been very good for us. I think he has like a $5M cap hit or something, so we can lower it as part of the extended.

Yes, but that's with 4 void years. His cap hit next year is at least $4.2M, and he isn't under contract.
I'm not opposed to it, but realistically, we're talking like a 1-2 year extension, at most, with probably no guarantees beyond 2024. I like him, and he's still playing well, but he's 34 next year. Thinking about replacement should be an item for next year also.

2024 will be an interesting year for the Oline. Zeitler is a FA, Moses, Cleveland and Mekari will all be on expiring contracts in 2024, and Stanley will have a $26M cap hit and will be targeting an extension for sure.

Sandtown

Pro Bowler
Jeff Z makes a good point. If the Ravens are not comfortable with Huntley in the Monken offense and feel better about JJ, than they could give Huntley the option to get snaps elsewhere while saving 2.6M dollars. Which is not inconsequential at all

Anything possible. Josh Johnson is a better passer than Tyler Huntley but Huntley has more games won as a starting quarterback than him. Josh Johnson has only helped a team win once in his entire career, Johnson just will have to simply look like the better quarterback but in my opinion if I was a team that had a franchise quarterback that hasn't been able to stay healthy the pass two years and needed a back up quarterback that I could trust to help my team win games in his place than I'm going with Huntley over Johnson.

Davesta

Ravens Ring of Honor
Anything possible. Josh Johnson is a better passer than Tyler Huntley but Huntley has more games won as a starting quarterback than him. Josh Johnson has only helped a team win once in his entire career, Johnson just will have to simply look like the better quarterback but in my opinion if I was a team that had a franchise quarterback that hasn't been able to stay healthy the pass two years and needed a back up quarterback that I could trust to help my team win games in his place than I'm going with Huntley over Johnson.

Huntley wouldn’t have a job here still if it wasn’t for his Florida connection. If we’re really talking…

allblackraven

Hall of Famer
Best offseason ever! I can't get enough of this

1686629078914.png