• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

The 2023 Offseason Thread

JAAM

Hall of Famer

I’m worried this is gonna be some long term shit

JAAM

Hall of Famer
I feel like I would be very comfortable with him leading the Bengals offense this season.
Or the Steelers. Or the Browns

rmcjacket23

Ravens Ring of Honor
I would assume this isn't normal for minicamps
I wouldn't be concerned. Surgery was in November I believe, and it's a significant foot injury. He's been running for less than two months.

I never expected to see him until camp, and I wasn't convinced he'd be ready for that either.

rmcjacket23

Ravens Ring of Honor
Couple things I'd point out in regards to Bateman.
In terms of recovery time, you'll find various lengths. You'll find literature from 2-3 years ago that studied NFL players historical lisfranc surgeries that found the average "return to game" recovery time was actually like 11-12 months. Meaning you may not even see Bateman in prime "game form" until like an October timeframe.

Also, I've seen multiple studies on athletes that showed the recovery timeline from surgery until participating in the sport was ~30 weeks. 30 weeks would have been right around early-to-mid June for Bateman, based on an early November surgery timeline.

So yeah, I'm not really super concerned. I get the feeling that, oddly, I think a lot of people expected him to have like a full offseason program.

JAAM

Hall of Famer
Most handsome WR in Ravens history?

IMG_6647.png

Simba

Staff Member
I know it's only minicamps so we'll need to see how it progresses, but looks like Sala got the run with the 1s at LG today. Sounds like the competition is more likely him vs. John Simpson... aka Ben Cleveland might be toast.