• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

The 2023 Offseason Thread

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer
Went back and looked at our 2021 class…

1st: Rashod Bateman & Odafe Oweh

3rd: Ben Cleveland & Brandon Stephens

4th: Tylan Wallace

5th: Shaun Wade, Daelin Hayes, Ben Mason

Pair this with EDC’s 1st draft (2019), we might have to start a discussion…

Cause bruh..
Well if Bateman, oweh, and Stephens become at least solid contributors, which they have been so far, then it’s a decent haul from one of the historically weakest classes ever. Oweh is still a big wild card with development and Bateman is health related, Stephens has been a solid pick given where he was taken and what that class had in store

rossihunter2

Staff Member
Well if Bateman, oweh, and Stephens become at least solid contributors, which they have been so far, then it’s a decent haul from one of the historically weakest classes ever. Oweh is still a big wild card with development and Bateman is health related, Stephens has been a solid pick given where he was taken and what that class had in store

just an annoying class to have two 1st rounders in...

but 2020 class looks pretty great to me
2022 class looks pretty great so far too

2021 looks fine but could go in either direction - just a ton of variance in that class and how we could end up feeling about them (will probably be a classic, you need 3 years to judge it kind of draft)

2019 was not a good draft at all - two good starters but neither got 2nd contracts (and 1 only became a good starter in his contract year), and only 1 depth piece who at least is still on the roster

QtR Nevermore

Pro Bowler
We don't know if Cleveland is bad yet. Everytime he's been on the field he has performed pretty well and most of the time our lineman don't get an opportunity to play significant snaps until year three.
You can never write off a Ravens O lineman too early. We'd have been calling Powers a wasted pick after Year 2 but the Ravens can develop them. Even the ones that fail here often end up playing starting snaps somewhere.

Dom McRaven

Hall of Famer
Y’all can call me crazy but man I got a feeling about Odell this year.. I think he’s gonna be an absolute pro and I think he’s gonna have a really good year, might not break 1k considering andrews and flowers and the run game, but I think he’s gonna make a shit ton of big plays in big moments and decide a lot of games.
I'm dead serious when I expect a #MVPSZN from Lamar. Even if he doesn't win it, I just need him to be in the conversation. OBJ will play a huge role in this.

Health is really the big question mark for not only him, but Lamar, Bateman, and our running game. We stay fully healthy (at least for the most part)? Lamar will remind motherfuckers of his greatness.

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
I'm dead serious when I expect a #MVPSZN from Lamar. Even if he doesn't win it, I just need him to be in the conversation. OBJ will play a huge role in this.

Health is really the big question mark for not only him, but Lamar, Bateman, and our running game. We stay fully healthy (at least for the most part)? Lamar will remind motherfuckers of his greatness.
teams are going to be looking back and asking themselves why they didn't fork up 2 first round picks. That was a deal teams in need of a QB missed out on.

JAAM

Hall of Famer
This mf lmao

rmcjacket23

Ravens Ring of Honor
This just reminded we got a potential starter at guard who should be back next year.
Well, maybe. Keep in mind that he'll be ~15 months from a significant injury next year, will still be a rookie, and is no guarantee to recover from it.
I loved the pick and glad we took the "risk", but I don't think we can assume anything with him at this point.

Also keep in mind that Zeitler isn't under contract next year, so we may have a hole at Guard anyway.

UPennChem

Hall of Famer
Didn't know Pat had hip surgery. Don't know all the details but hips are a terrible surgery to have. Also Monken has never used a FB. I wonder if he's even going to make the team????

RaineV1

Ravens Ring of Honor
Ain’t no way this mf with a name we can’t pronounce is gonna come outta nowhere a sixth rounder and be legit
This is the NFL. IF anything having a name we can't pronounce increases his odds of becoming a starter just so we have to keep trying to say/spell it.

rossihunter2

Staff Member
Well, maybe. Keep in mind that he'll be ~15 months from a significant injury next year, will still be a rookie, and is no guarantee to recover from it.
I loved the pick and glad we took the "risk", but I don't think we can assume anything with him at this point.

Also keep in mind that Zeitler isn't under contract next year, so we may have a hole at Guard anyway.

also i love the pick
but everyone saying we got a day 2 guy for free... i wasnt someone who saw that kind of level from him on tape

i saw a guy who looked like a guy who would stick around in the league but definitely not a day 2 type prospect