• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

The 2023 Offseason Thread

allblackraven

Hall of Famer
Ok don't take this seriously because I find it ridiculous. It's just so many layers of nonsense but I'll just say it because idk I had to hear it so now you do too.

My father has a friend who does security for Ray Lewis supposedly. Ray told him, who told my dad, who told me...... (again please don't think I'm asserting that I believe this, I don't) that Lamar's knee is still hurt. He claims that for it to be fully healed he needs a surgery, but Lamar insists that he doesn't need it and avoided it as to not hurt his contract value. Ray is apparently fearful that Lamar us going into the season not at 100% and is why he is so focused on passing and not running.
Maybe but why would only Ray know this if it's true and tell that to his security person?

QtR Nevermore

Pro Bowler
Ok don't take this seriously because I find it ridiculous. It's just so many layers of nonsense but I'll just say it because idk I had to hear it so now you do too.

My father has a friend who does security for Ray Lewis supposedly. Ray told him, who told my dad, who told me...... (again please don't think I'm asserting that I believe this, I don't) that Lamar's knee is still hurt. He claims that for it to be fully healed he needs a surgery, but Lamar insists that he doesn't need it and avoided it as to not hurt his contract value. Ray is apparently fearful that Lamar us going into the season not at 100% and is why he is so focused on passing and not running.
If this was true, why would the Ravens be making more 'all in' (by Ravens standards) moves than ever before?

I could see a case for the Beckham signing to get Lamar's deal done, but if they didn't expect to be competitive this year would they have added void years to any other contracts?

rmcjacket23

Ravens Ring of Honor
If this was true, why would the Ravens be making more 'all in' (by Ravens standards) moves than ever before?

I could see a case for the Beckham signing to get Lamar's deal done, but if they didn't expect to be competitive this year would they have added void years to any other contracts?
He signed his contract almost two months ago. There's no scenario where the team doesn't know the extent of his injury. If the team recommended surgery, he'd have 100% gotten it a few days after he signed his deal (if the concern was that it was hurting his contract).

Or both parties are in agreement that rehab is the right approach, as is the case with the majority of PCL injuries.

The latter being the most likely scenario.

Also I don't think the team would have him out there at OTAs if he was still rehabbing an injury. Same with training camp/preseason.

Tank

Hall of Famer
Im starting to think that “ taking what the defense gives you” as a qb is actually harder than it sounds. Ive only seen guys like brady, manning and now pat actually take advantage of that consistently.
Lots of people have criticized the dink and dunk, checkdowns, etc. but if your receivers aren’t the best and that’s all you got, then it’s the smart thing to do to take advantage of what you have.

RL52TheGreatest

Ravens Ring of Honor
He signed his contract almost two months ago. There's no scenario where the team doesn't know the extent of his injury. If the team recommended surgery, he'd have 100% gotten it a few days after he signed his deal (if the concern was that it was hurting his contract).

Or both parties are in agreement that rehab is the right approach, as is the case with the majority of PCL injuries.

Also I don't think the team would have him out there at OTAs if he was still rehabbing an injury. Same with training camp/preseason.

It would be pure negligence on their part if they knew Lamar had any kind of lingering knee issue and still had him out there at OTAs

UPennChem

Hall of Famer

As I said don't take this seriously

UPennChem

Hall of Famer

Agreed

rmcjacket23

Ravens Ring of Honor
I made it very clear that I don't believe it. Was just so wtf I had to tell you people
My recommendation... next time, keep it to yourself. This is the kind of shit you hear from "barbershop guy" or "end of the bar guy". It's the kind of thing you hear, dismiss quickly, and never talk about again.

The more questions you ask, the more the story stinks.

UPennChem

Hall of Famer
My recommendation... next time, keep it to yourself. This is the kind of shit you hear from "barbershop guy" or "end of the bar guy". It's the kind of thing you hear, dismiss quickly, and never talk about again.

The more questions you ask, the more the story stinks.
*legitimately laughs out loud then rolls eyes*.

You got it captain!

OURavensFan

Ravens Ring of Honor
Sounds like Peters is going to sign with Oakland, really hope we’re not done adding CBs, maybe it will be a mid season add on

Deebo813

Hall of Famer

This the same team that didnt know the extent of his injury when it first happened. When everyone assumed he couldve played and said he gave up on the team, the team didnt once come out and take up for him. Its also the same team that actually seems to never know the extent of any of our players injuries. Not saying he really needs surgery but who would actually be surprised if he did need it? This wouldnt be the first time the team didnt know how serious a player injury was

rmcjacket23

Ravens Ring of Honor
This the same team that didnt know the extent of his injury when it first happened. When everyone assumed he couldve played and said he gave up on the team, the team didnt once come out and take up for him. Its also the same team that actually seems to never know the extent of any of our players injuries. Not saying he really needs surgery but who would actually be surprised if he did need it? This wouldnt be the first time the team didnt know how serious a player injury was
But nothing you said here means they didn't know anything. Why is it their job to speak about player injuries? How does it benefit the team in any possible way to publicly discuss any injuries?
The difference is some players injuries get worse over time, and some of them don't heal as quickly as the arbitrary public thinks they should, based on whatever bullshit timeline a national beat writer gives.

In this case, what's the argument over lack of info to the extent of the injury? The doctors have seen him. If they recommended surgery, so be it. In cases like Bateman, for example, doctors basically said "play with it and delay the surgery, or have the surgery now". Is there any evidence that any doctor, anywhere, ever, has said that about Lamar's injury?

You're putting way, way, way too much stock in the opinions of people who don't know dick think.
You said people "assumed". Who told you to assume? Why did you assume?

Deebo813

Hall of Famer
But nothing you said here means they didn't know anything. Why is it their job to speak about player injuries? How does it benefit the team in any possible way to publicly discuss any injuries?
The difference is some players injuries get worse over time, and some of them don't heal as quickly as the arbitrary public thinks they should, based on whatever bullshit timeline a national beat writer gives.

In this case, what's the argument over lack of info to the extent of the injury? The doctors have seen him. If they recommended surgery, so be it. In cases like Bateman, for example, doctors basically said "play with it and delay the surgery, or have the surgery now". Is there any evidence that any doctor, anywhere, ever, has said that about Lamar's injury?

You're putting way, way, way too much stock in the opinions of people who don't know dick think.
You said people "assumed". Who told you to assume? Why did you assume?
How does it benefit the team? It prevents the player from thinking you dnt care. The whole media was saying lamar couldve played yet the team didnt once come out and stand up for him? You dnt think that would make a player feel some type of way? Bateman isnt the only player.. what about dobbins and stanley? Again, im not saying he needs surgery, in simply saying that this wouldnt be the first time our team messed it up with an injured player