• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

The 2023 Offseason Thread

QtR Nevermore

Pro Bowler
I know this is ridiculous but I hope Treadwell actually has a really good camp and makes the team. I know it ain't happening but dude has been grinding and was a 1st round pick for a reason. He's just been largely in his own way (work ethic wise up until now) and lacking high end suddenness or straight line speed. He's got the size and body control to be a go up and get it guy. Let's see how things go!
He's managed to hang around the league as a bottom of the depth chart WR but this season, for the first time in history, the Ravens don't need one of those. He'd have been smarter to go to another team's camp.

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
He's managed to hang around the league as a bottom of the depth chart WR but this season, for the first time in history, the Ravens don't need one of those. He'd have been smarter to go to another team's camp.
he may not have been getting offers from other teams. I also don't think Treadwell will make the team due to the depth we have at WR this season.

Simba

Staff Member
I know this is ridiculous but I hope Treadwell actually has a really good camp and makes the team. I know it ain't happening but dude has been grinding and was a 1st round pick for a reason. He's just been largely in his own way (work ethic wise up until now) and lacking high end suddenness or straight line speed. He's got the size and body control to be a go up and get it guy. Let's see how things go!
Just doesn't do enough in the grand scheme of things to crack this WR group as it's currently constructed (assuming health of course). If he's willing to languish on a PS for a bit and hope for an opportunity like he did last year, there should be an opening for him to do that here. The 53 just seems like a real long shot for a guy like Treadwell.

BoredMarine13

Ravens Ring of Honor
Just doesn't do enough in the grand scheme of things to crack this WR group as it's currently constructed (assuming health of course). If he's willing to languish on a PS for a bit and hope for an opportunity like he did last year, there should be an opening for him to do that here. The 53 just seems like a real long shot for a guy like Treadwell.
He really just needs to beat out Proche to lock himself into the 53. That seems very doable

JAAM

Hall of Famer

JO_75

Hall of Famer
You would never hear a Wide Receiver talk about a Greg Roman offense like this. So excited about this offense.

In an interview on "The Lounge" podcast, Flowers said he's been playing all three receiving positions – X, Z and F – during practices this offseason.

"That's what I want. That's exactly what I want," Flowers said. "As long as I'm touching the ball, I feel like I can make a play from anywhere, no matter where it is."

"[Monken's] offense allows everyone to be able to get the ball. Just spread everybody out, move pieces around, and get everybody open," Flowers said.

Simba

Staff Member
He really just needs to beat out Proche to lock himself into the 53. That seems very doable
Not really though. WR6 (if we even keep that many) is going to have to play ST and Treadwell doesn't have a large track record in that department. If you don't go with a STer there, you might as well not keep one at all. Virtually everyone competing for that WR6 spot is likely to clear waivers and potentially end up on a PS anyways.

BoredMarine13

Ravens Ring of Honor
Not really though. WR6 (if we even keep that many) is going to have to play ST and Treadwell doesn't have a large track record in that department. If you don't go with a STer there, you might as well not keep one at all. Virtually everyone competing for that WR6 spot is likely to clear waivers and potentially end up on a PS anyways.
Yea that’s a good point, i forgot Proche does have value in SP. i do think we keep 6 though, new era in the Monken offense

ravenslord

Ravens Ring of Honor
Treadwell will be a God like receiver this year.

Put a fork in Proche . He done .

I’m bound to be right one of these days.

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
With ST players being limited even more, with the new rules, it will be interesting to see how the Ravens adapt. Many times we end up keeping a player who has solid value on special teams vs a player that can't play special teams but may have value on offense or defense....even as a depth player. Wondering what happens with players like Duvernay, Proche and even Ross for that matter.....among others.

rossihunter2

Staff Member
Ok some roster stuff im interested in over the next few weeks

obviously all the PUP/NFI guys are important and if ricard, pepe, JK, bateman, bowser all question marks and impact their position groups significantly

LG - one of the few (maybe only) starting jobs up for grabs right now and OL more generally - think if Simpson and/or Cleveland don't win LG starting job then their roster spots are in distinct danger - if Sala can win LG outright that would be a massive boon to this roster too - can Sam Mustipher show enough that he sneaks onto the backend of the roster because he can cover C - watching for 1st team reps on highlight clips will be interesting - unlike last year where we thought there was a battle for LG but actually Ben Powers spent all bar 2 or 3 practices with the 1s, this could be an actual battle

EDGE - does Ojabo's progress continue with pads on, can Oweh show anything - still got to assume there's at least one addition to be made here (maybe even two depending on the severity of Tyus's injury)

Nickel CB - with pepe injured, does Washington take the 1s reps? does JAD take a step and start to feature? KBK ahead of schedule??? - are there more additions here? do we end up just seeing a bunch of Stephens and Geno in nickel packages instead of a 3rd CB