• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

The 2023 Offseason Thread

BoredMarine13

Ravens Ring of Honor

BoredMarine13

Ravens Ring of Honor
Key words, before the injury. He looked slow when he came back last year.

View attachment 5467
You could make a highlight film of him being run down in the open field. His lateral movement was still lacking as well. Still really crazy he was able to perform that well at 70% or whatever he was

Adreme

Ravens Ring of Honor
2020 he was first in YPC for RBs.
2022 he was second in YPC

His biggest issue for better or worse was his usage.
His usage because he could not stay healthy. He got so little usage that he did not have enough carries to qualify for most metrics of that stat and its not even the stat people use to judge RBs anymore (as its heavily affected by how good your OLine is).

Edit: Cook, CMac, Pollard, Henry, Ekeler, Taylor, Chubb, Barkley, Jacobs, A Jones, and even young players like Breece Hall and Walker just to name a few names are all considered better players for 2023 by most of the NFL.

Simba

Staff Member
Tarik actually good? Or are we in big trouble with Stephens? He was getting posterize by Agholor too.
Tarik has been having a good camp so far per reports. If he can continue to stack days then maybe he can put his name in consideration. But we've seen this story far too many times before for me to buy into more than him coming out strong to this point.

Simba

Staff Member
Through today, looks like the OL groups have been as follows...

Stanley - Sala - Linderbaum - Zeitler - Moses
Mekari - Simpson - Mustipher - Cleveland - Faalele
Sharpe - Thomas - Guidone - Manning - Doss

Leads you to believe it's Sala vs. Simpson for LG right now, but guess there's still time for Cleveland to reenter the conversation.

ravenslord

Ravens Ring of Honor

Leads you to believe it's Sala vs. Simpson for LG right now, but guess there's still time for Cleveland to reenter the conversation.
Cleveland dont have it ,sadly. I was excited when we picked him .

Put a fork in him ,he done.

UPennChem

Hall of Famer
I'm very pumped to see Zay in action. He will start with OBJ. Bateman is on the outside looking in.
Lol you're so dramatic. If Bateman is actually healthy to start the year, expect him to have the most or close to the most production in this offense

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator

could we actually end up with a rookie guard that plays 4 years.

ravenslord

Ravens Ring of Honor
I can believe that. I just don't find it anywhere out if the question that Bateman is either right there with him or a little ahead
Its very concerning that Bateman is not ready yet. I think his injury was worse than expected ,sadly.

I like Bateman a lot. I just dont think he will be ready until Novemeber,December. Gut feeling.

rossihunter2

Staff Member

But also notable that despite struggling on Saturday, Sala’s still had 2 practices since with all the 1s reps including the first padded practice

Simba

Staff Member
But also notable that despite struggling on Saturday, Sala’s still had 2 practices since with all the 1s reps including the first padded practice
Seems they're aiming for the potential boom option for now before pivoting to Simpson as the "safe" option.