• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

The 2023 Offseason Thread

rmcjacket23

Ravens Ring of Honor
Where would you go with that money if we had it back?
Probably nowhere.
IF there is a mid-season acquisition to be had for a quality player, you'll need some cap space for that. We also can simply roll it into next year to cover rising cap costs for many good players.

I did have the same thought others have, which is IF you're actually considering moving on from Duvernay, it's odd that you're not at least either showcasing him, or actually having him compete, for a roster spot in the preseason. He's not been participating in the first two preseason games.

So based on his preseason usage, he has the look of somebody who has a mostly guaranteed roster spot.

Simba

Staff Member
Probably nowhere.
IF there is a mid-season acquisition to be had for a quality player, you'll need some cap space for that. We also can simply roll it into next year to cover rising cap costs for many good players.

I did have the same thought others have, which is IF you're actually considering moving on from Duvernay, it's odd that you're not at least either showcasing him, or actually having him compete, for a roster spot in the preseason. He's not been participating in the first two preseason games.

So based on his preseason usage, he has the look of somebody who has a mostly guaranteed roster spot.
Yeah he's played a few snaps to start the games and then gets the safe treatment of getting to stand around and goof off in street clothes the rest of the game. If it was a guy you were looking to move on from, it doesn't seem to add up. And even if it is a pure monetary thing, he probably wouldn't be playing at all risking injury and guaranteeing his deal.

But still, never say never.

Simba

Staff Member
Jeff mentioned that backup C looks fluid right now too. Didn’t say who, but said others guys have been getting reps now in addition to Mustipher.

BoredMarine13

Ravens Ring of Honor
Porsche dealer and the realtor?
I’m more of a Lamborghini fella myself
Good thing about duv, even though i think he ass… he dnt muff punts at all
man i don’t even mind Duv. He’s not special by any means but he’s a good WR4. Still think the new kick off rule makes him expendable and a guy like Flowers or Wallace can catch punts for less.

Simba

Staff Member
I’m more of a Lamborghini fella myself

man i don’t even mind Duv. He’s not special by any means but he’s a good WR4. Still think the new kick off rule makes him expendable and a guy like Flowers or Wallace can catch punts for less.
Always see us pointing to the kick return rules while completely forgetting that punt returns are probably more of a factor in today's game, and he's damn good at that too.

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
Jeff even alluded to Sharpe being in the roster conversation. So maybe they see more value in him at T than Mustipher at C. Even Cleveland still factoring in. But seems they might be open to a little more versatility.
interesting thought. Mustipher has had the overwhelming most snaps at Center (45 - 90%). The team is giving Ben Cleveland every chance to win a job. He played 100% of the snaps (50) and was the only player to do so on offense or defense.

UPennChem

Hall of Famer
Jeff even alluded to Sharpe being in the roster conversation. So maybe they see more value in him at T than Mustipher at C. Even Cleveland still factoring in. But seems they might be open to a little more versatility.
I mean... Could we really go 8 OL potentially to start the year? Given the DB situation and given the OL versatility?

UPennChem

Hall of Famer
Sharpe is horrible though lol