• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

The 2023 Offseason Thread

Simba

Staff Member
That is interesting… I honestly don’t see the hype with him. He’s a little fresh imo especially to the offensive side
As more of a general statement here, I do love when people lose their minds over guys that have no track record. Coaching changes are the ultimate lottery picks from the fan perspective when it comes to guys getting promoted to a role for the first time. Absolutely no way to know if they can call a play and adjust in situations and things of that sort.

Thezone27

Ravens Ring of Honor
As more of a general statement here, I do love when people lose their minds over guys that have no track record. Coaching changes are the ultimate lottery picks from the fan perspective when it comes to guys getting promoted to a role for the first time. Absolutely no way to know if they can call a play and adjust in situations and things of that sort.
yeah for instance your pass game coordinator may be worse at calling plays then your team pilot, but who will get the chance? the pass game coordinator.

Simba

Staff Member
yeah for instance your pass game coordinator may be worse at calling plays then your team pilot, but who will get the chance? the pass game coordinator.
And I don't see an issue with those guys getting a chance. But too many people act like it's a sure thing that a positional coach or someone like that can just seamlessly transition into a more prominent role.

Michael M.

Pro Bowler
I’m personally pretty tough on this team but I truly believe that if we get a competent OC and a couple of new WRs for Lamar and don’t get absolutely bent over by injuries and we have a solid draft, I think we legitimately have a shot next year
It's just a lot of if's......

Davesta

Ravens Ring of Honor
If you want hope, hope that the front office gets tired of the same ole mediocrity shit and goes all in on trying to find greatness

We did find greatness. His name is Lamar. To get rid of the “same ole mediocrity” … we would need to fire Harbaugh. Hopefully one day..

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
Candidates can’t interview any longer until after the Super Bowl?

Honestly the list isn’t inspiring imo. But I agreed the three you listed are on the top of my list. I’d also add Zac Robinson but he’s in the second tier with Canales for me. I’ve talked myself in Monken tbh but would definitely be happy with EB.

I’m hoping we interview Brian Johnson from the Eagles but after that idk who else they could be looking at.
I'm pretty sure candidates from the SB teams can interview this week.

rmcjacket23

Ravens Ring of Honor
The whole Kyle Hamilton thing is old. If he had stayed the same and kept missing tackles/etc, he would’ve busted. Thankfully he’s a very intelligent player and hard worker, learned from mistakes and improved
So you mean you based your evaluation of him based on the fact that players don't improve from their rookie year, or even in the first month of their rookie year?

rmcjacket23

Ravens Ring of Honor
Candidates can’t interview any longer until after the Super Bowl?

Honestly the list isn’t inspiring imo. But I agreed the three you listed are on the top of my list. I’d also add Zac Robinson but he’s in the second tier with Canales for me. I’ve talked myself in Monken tbh but would definitely be happy with EB.

I’m hoping we interview Brian Johnson from the Eagles but after that idk who else they could be looking at.
I guess my question is... why would you expect an inspiring list? Any decent, known play caller is interviewing for HC jobs or already has an OC job. The kind of hires you're going for when you do this are guys who are either play callers in College, or guys who are assistant coaches but not play callers in the NFL.

Like the Kellen Moore/EB types are rare. Lateral moves across position groups isn't the norm.

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer
The whole Kyle Hamilton thing is old. If he had stayed the same and kept missing tackles/etc, he would’ve busted. Thankfully he’s a very intelligent player and hard worker, learned from mistakes and improved
See the thing is, we tried to tell you in that first month of hamiltons rookie year that rookies need time to develop and you didn’t wanna hear it lol.

Here’s to hoping your ears are more open with this upcoming rookie class…