• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

The 2023 Offseason Thread

ndub

Ravens Ring of Honor
Maybe I’m just trying to read between lines that don’t exist but it kinda sounds like he’s saying EB “literally” sends the play call to Mahomes but Reid makes the call and Reid will listen to any input from EB. Am I the only one taking it this way?

No. I am too

Listen folks. There’s a reason he hasn’t earned a HC job with another desperate team while also taking interviews, and it goes beyond skin color

Most enticing pieces. Unfortunately the least enticing HC to work under

Okay Siz I’ll play… whether we like Harbs decisions to hold on to OCs too long I think that would be a plus in most candidates eyes. The ability to play out their contract and not be a “fall guy”. He’s also not going to micromanage the offense. I think only certain fans would agree with your statement. There is far worse situations an OC could walk into.

Simba

Staff Member
Maybe I’m just trying to read between lines that don’t exist but it kinda sounds like he’s saying EB “literally” sends the play call to Mahomes but Reid makes the call and Reid will listen to any input from EB. Am I the only one taking it this way?
It might be more semantics than anything. One thing that's for certain is that the offense is an Andy Reid special. EB might have some input but everything from core game planning to critical calls is Reid.

ndub

Ravens Ring of Honor
Okay Siz I’ll play… whether we like Harbs decisions to hold on to OCs too long I think that would be a plus in most candidates eyes. The ability to play out their contract and not be a “fall guy”. He’s also not going to micromanage the offense. I think only certain fans would agree with your statement. There is far worse situations an OC could walk into.

Y’all will see my view in 1-2 years, just as y’all were sorry for calling me a troll about Greg Roman back in September/October

ndub

Ravens Ring of Honor
The whole Kyle Hamilton thing is old. If he had stayed the same and kept missing tackles/etc, he would’ve busted. Thankfully he’s a very intelligent player and hard worker, learned from mistakes and improved

rossihunter2

Staff Member

It might be more semantics than anything. One thing that's for certain is that the offense is an Andy Reid special. EB might have some input but everything from core game planning to critical calls is Reid.

this isnt new information
Reid calls most of the plays
but EB calls them into the huddle with some ability to add his own calls in there situationally

he is a significant architect in that offence in the design and install and game-planning but he's not calling plays and he's been under Reid's shadow for nearly 5 years now as the OC (and has been part of Reid's system for a decade now)

what i think people do probably underestimate is that Bieniemy's so entrenched in Reid's system that im not sure it really matters that much whose fingers are attributed to the play-designs and offensive scheme because they're intrinsically linked

either way, i think EB has clearly got to the point that he realises there's only one way to prove himself...

rossihunter2

Staff Member
The whole Kyle Hamilton thing is old. If he had stayed the same and kept missing tackles/etc, he would’ve busted. Thankfully he’s a very intelligent player and hard worker, learned from mistakes and improved

but that was never who he was - missing a couple of tackles and ignoring the good plays doesnt justify being that wrong lol

fixating on one awful game with 2 major busts in week 2, some missed tackles and some issues as a post safety didnt negate all the good things we'd seen in college and all over his preseason and early weeks film too...

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
you don't get out of this one that easily. This ages better with time, just like wine.

When you get old enough to sign up for medicare, I'll be ribbing you for Kyle Hamilton, just has John Harbaugh Jr. gets his 2nd super bowl with LJjr.

ndub

Ravens Ring of Honor
you don't get out of this one that easily. This ages better with time, just like wine.

When you get old enough to sign up for medicare, I'll be ribbing you for Kyle Hamilton, just has John Harbaugh Jr. gets his 2nd super bowl with LJjr.

Does Medicaid count?

this isnt new information
Reid calls most of the plays
but EB calls them into the huddle with some ability to add his own calls in there situationally

he is a significant architect in that offence in the design and install and game-planning but he's not calling plays and he's been under Reid's shadow for nearly 5 years now as the OC (and has been part of Reid's system for a decade now)

what i think people do probably underestimate is that Bieniemy's so entrenched in Reid's system that im not sure it really matters that much whose fingers are attributed to the play-designs and offensive scheme because they're intrinsically linked

either way, i think EB has clearly got to the point that he realises there's only one way to prove himself...

With that said, is he a top candidate on your short list?
Personally I’m a little iffy but I prefer him to Slovak

rossihunter2

Staff Member
With that said, is he a top candidate on your short list?
Personally I’m a little iffy but I prefer him to Slovak

of the guys we're confirmed to have been interested in and still available (Zac Robinson, Chad O'Shea, Dave Canales, Brian Angelichio, Eric Bieniemy, Byron Leftwich, Justin Outten, James Urban, George Godsey, Todd Monken)... yes

Bieniemy's my preferred guy from that list
Canales is kind of interesting too
Monken would be cool but not my preferred

tbh most of those names i could talk myself into - but Bieniemy's definitely my favourite of those - and of course those are only the ones that have been announced

also worth noting that i think, unless they've already been interviewed, as far as im aware, there are no more interviews of coaches involved in the superbowl until after the game...

UPennChem

Hall of Famer
This is far from truth.
People loved him in 19. People didn't like the way the Titans or Bills game went in 20.

Most people were on the fence but definitely wanted him gone at the end of 21. It was definitely a down year, but the injuries saved him.
In 22 we tried to support him early in the season and for a few weeks he was on fire. Then Bateman went down and that was all she wrote.

Realistically he's never had a great chance since 2019 but ultimately it had become very stale and time to move on. Mostly to force the FO in a new offensive direction

Davesta

Ravens Ring of Honor

I better see you front row of Kyle’s HoF speech ceremony. Holding a sign “I was wrong. Will you forgive me?”

If he acknowledge you and forgives, purpleflock.com will never bring it up again. But until then… bend the knee.