• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

The 2023 Offseason Thread

of the guys we're confirmed to have been interested in and still available (Zac Robinson, Chad O'Shea, Dave Canales, Brian Angelichio, Eric Bieniemy, Byron Leftwich, Justin Outten, James Urban, George Godsey, Todd Monken)... yes

Bieniemy's my preferred guy from that list
Canales is kind of interesting too
Monken would be cool but not my preferred

tbh most of those names i could talk myself into - but Bieniemy's definitely my favourite of those - and of course those are only the ones that have been announced

also worth noting that i think, unless they've already been interviewed, as far as im aware, there are no more interviews of coaches involved in the superbowl until after the game...

Candidates can’t interview any longer until after the Super Bowl?

Honestly the list isn’t inspiring imo. But I agreed the three you listed are on the top of my list. I’d also add Zac Robinson but he’s in the second tier with Canales for me. I’ve talked myself in Monken tbh but would definitely be happy with EB.

I’m hoping we interview Brian Johnson from the Eagles but after that idk who else they could be looking at.

Thezone27

Ravens Ring of Honor

Honestly the list isn’t inspiring imo. But I agreed the three you listed are on the top of my list. I’d also add Zac Robinson but he’s in the second tier with Canales for me. I’ve talked myself in Monken tbh but would definitely be happy with EB.

I’m hoping we interview Brian Johnson from the Eagles but after that idk who else they could be looking at.
Well we can at least interview Slowik now.

rossihunter2

Staff Member

worth noting that none of these names came from the ravens and that they are only the ones leaked to insiders (most likely be agents or other teams) - it's possible that Harbs has already interviewed (or requested interviews) with a number of other candidates also

worth noting also that no one Harbs has been interested in has been hired elsewhere yet except Frank Reich (who got a HC role)

my guess is that it's definitely possible that there are some guys (and teams) waiting for the Ravens job domino to fall

BoredMarine13

Ravens Ring of Honor

BoredMarine13

Ravens Ring of Honor
Shit i hope so.. i think we can def make a run.. might be a little tougher with a 1st yr new OC but its def possible. Got way more faith in us this upcoming year than i had this past season
Health man, feels like we could have beaten any team in the dance this year if we were healthy. Lamar weeks 1-4 was the league MVP, defense after Roquan was so solid . If we can get them on the same page at the same time we’d be unstoppable

Deebo813

Hall of Famer
Health man, feels like we could have beaten any team in the dance this year if we were healthy. Lamar weeks 1-4 was the league MVP, defense after Roquan was so solid . If we can get them on the same page at the same time we’d be unstoppable
Not gonna lie, i think we were gonna lose to bengals, kc and bills regardless.. better chance vs kc but i think we still wouldve lost

rossihunter2

Staff Member
That is interesting… I honestly don’t see the hype with him. He’s a little fresh imo especially to the offensive side

he and zac robinson are both interesting in that they're both guys who started with PFF and not with coaching in the traditional sense

idk that that's something that gets me hyped about them as OCs but a fun little tidbit/nugget about those 2 guys in the hiring cycle

JAAM

Hall of Famer
We say that every single year
I’m personally pretty tough on this team but I truly believe that if we get a competent OC and a couple of new WRs for Lamar and don’t get absolutely bent over by injuries and we have a solid draft, I think we legitimately have a shot next year

rossihunter2

Staff Member
I’m personally pretty tough on this team but I truly believe that if we get a competent OC and a couple of new WRs for Lamar and don’t get absolutely bent over by injuries and we have a solid draft, I think we legitimately have a shot next year

also...
being pessimistic 8 months before the season begins is fucking boring