• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

The 2023 Offseason Thread

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
we already knew this was gonna happen right?
nice to confirm the interview was today but wasnt he the first guy we were reported to have scheduled an interview with?
yes he was. Last Thursday or Friday it was announced we would be interviewing him.

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer
not scared of contact
but im not seeing him break many tackles lol - also when guys get hands on him in press the play's over

dont get me wrong, i love how he separates - love how he releases and the way he blows by people and stacks on vertical routes

just think he's gonna get physically dominated by CBs that aren't scared of his speed - which is fine, just think that limits where you can reasonably take him
Oh he’s far from round 1 if that was what you were thinking lol

Deebo813

Hall of Famer
we already knew this was gonna happen right?
nice to confirm the interview was today but wasnt he the first guy we were reported to have scheduled an interview with?
Id love to have a former qb as our oc.. probably does very well with exploiting mismatches

UPennChem

Hall of Famer

Harbaugh telling potential OC they gonna keep Urban, Keith, Tee and the bunch around?

This could be us but at the same time I wouldn't think so. Like we've for the most part been interviewing guys who don't have OC experience in the NFL. Who would those guys even have as their preferred staff at this point? It's not like Gary Kubiak having Dennison.

Sandtown

Pro Bowler
This could be us but at the same time I wouldn't think so. Like we've for the most part been interviewing guys who don't have OC experience in the NFL. Who would those guys even have as their preferred staff at this point? It's not like Gary Kubiak having Dennison.

In any business networking is important especially gaining beneficial working friends. Every position coach probably has some people in mind to add to his coaching staff once hired to another team as a coordinator. It helps with installing the scheme/ system faster, it probably helps to have a familiar face to work with, and usually all of these coaches have dreams of being head coaches so they definitely have to have list of coaches they want to have on their staff once that dream comes to light. So it's not really uncommon for a guy like Zac Robinson whom is just passing game coordinator/QB coach to have some guys in mind that he want as position coaches.

It's also understandable if John Harbaugh wants to keep some members on his staff especially if he's looking to keep somethings that Greg Roman built for the past 4 years.

rmcjacket23

Ravens Ring of Honor
I wouldnt be surprised if this is from our team
If this is Ravens...
Well, question becomes... is that on Lamar?

IF we're keeping guys like Urban, Tee, etc. around, who are we doing that for? Doesn't seem logical that John would be committed to these guys. If they're staying around because Lamar likes them, then its a whole different issue.

I'd have to see examples of John having a history of bringing in new OC's and forcing them to work with existing assistants on staff during an offseason.

BoredMarine13

Ravens Ring of Honor
i think it's because for ages a lot of people were on the anti-Roman train hard enough that they clung to anyone with any playcalling experience on the squad who'd been with the team longer than a few months (like Godsey)

so lots of people clung to Martin...
I read a thread of a couple guys arguing that Martins lack of experience in the NFL will not hold him back. Their example was how well McDonald has done coming directly from college to the DC position….. if they did just a little research they would have seen McDonald was with us for 5 years as a positional coach before Mich lol. I’m not anti Tee, but i don’t get the hype

Tank

Hall of Famer
I read a thread of a couple guys arguing that Martins lack of experience in the NFL will not hold him back. Their example was how well McDonald has done coming directly from college to the DC position….. if they did just a little research they would have seen McDonald was with us for 5 years as a positional coach before Mich lol. I’m not anti Tee, but i don’t get the hype
Well, he’s done such a great job molding our young WRs into the stellar group they are.

BoredMarine13

Ravens Ring of Honor
Well, he’s done such a great job molding our young WRs into the stellar group they are.
Funny you say that because they were crediting him for the development of Duv , while not saying a word about Proche/Wallace

BoredMarine13

Ravens Ring of Honor
Eli apple continues to trash talk and I love it. We need a good villian

JAAM

Hall of Famer

rmcjacket23

Ravens Ring of Honor
worth noting that if you look in the replies to that tweet, there are fans from basically every team assuming it's their own team lol

we've seen Harbs allow OC's to bring in their own guys before - if an OC can justify why he wants a guy hired/fired - im sure Harbs would listen
Well and again, for me, IF it is the Ravens, who's making that call? Is it John that wants to keep certain coaches, or Lamar that wants to keep certain coaches?

Fans are getting pissy about this without knowing what's driving it.