• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

The 2023 Offseason Thread

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
Nah . Flowers already better than him and they ain’t sitting OBJ behind him . 3 at best.
lets not forget how Bateman started last year. 75 yard average per game for atleast 3 or 4 games. Flowers is a rookie, Bateman will most likely exceed 1k yards. That being said, you are entitled to your opinion as I am mine. However, I'm willing to bet your will be back with your tail between your legs at the end of the season and happy about being wrong. lol

I believe Flowers will be very good as well.

redrum52

Hall of Famer
Nah . Flowers already better than him and they ain’t sitting OBJ behind him . 3 at best.
I'll even say at worst he's 3. You realize we're most likely running a lot more 3 wr sets right?

This made me check espn and at looking at our Hi Rec through the season is hilarious.

JPPT1974

Practice Squad
Just hope that Flowers will emerge but also keep a humble yet hungry attitude.

Tank

Hall of Famer
With how well this worked out for Lamar, now I need you to say put a fork in Oweh. Might break Strahan's record.
How well it worked out? Unfortunately a big contract doesn’t equal a 15 year HOF career and a SB win. Let’s hope that’s how it pans out, but LJ ain’t there yet. lol

Last edited:

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
I'll even say at worst he's 3. You realize we're most likely running a lot more 3 wr sets right?

This made me check espn and at looking at our Hi Rec through the season is hilarious.

of course we will have more 3 WR sets, which should put Zay Flowers on the field more.

Bateman had 15 reception due to being injured in his 5th or 6th game and had 285 yards with 19 yard average. He was only targeted more than 5 times in one game. Thank god Roman isn't our OC anymore.

Zay Flowers will most likely be the #3.

Simba

Staff Member

This seems a bit dumb to me on the whole Zay Flowers thing. But I guess it's a good thing that positive things are being said!!!

The Flowers report is funny because OBJ practiced once and Bateman not at all. Of course he’s the best out there. He better be or we have bigger problems

BoredMarine13

Ravens Ring of Honor
I may have lost a step or 2 in my old age.
I tried today and failed. I got to the end of the fifth leg and ran out of gas. Fun though, just terrible if you’re not in “game shape”. Now I’m annoyed because I consider myself a great runner, guess I’ve been doing to much distance and not enough sprints

Ellicottraven

Ravens Ring of Honor
I tried today and failed. I got to the end of the fifth leg and ran out of gas. Fun though, just terrible if you’re not in “game shape”. Now I’m annoyed because I consider myself a great runner, guess I’ve been doing to much distance and not enough sprints
As a frail, and entirely bereft of athleticism human, that is also old as a rock, I am impressed by people I know (including on internet forums) that are young, vigorous, potent, and who can also run. Bravo!

Adreme

Ravens Ring of Honor
I think it’s fascinating we are saying a guy who has never played an NFL snap looks better than someone who looked good when they did and all because of early practice reports.

Let’s remember who looked the best in the offseason for the Ravens at WR the past 3 years and it NEVER translated on the field.

Adreme

Ravens Ring of Honor
of course we will have more 3 WR sets, which should put Zay Flowers on the field more.

Bateman had 15 reception due to being injured in his 5th or 6th game and had 285 yards with 19 yard average. He was only targeted more than 5 times in one game. Thank god Roman isn't our OC anymore.

Zay Flowers will most likely be the #3.
Are we really putting Bateman’s injury on Roman or is the claim he should have targeted the injured WR more?

Yeah it's the change of direction that screws me, did it again yesterday and couldn't beat my last time.

JAAM

Hall of Famer