• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

2023 Forum Mock: Discussion Thread

Truth

Staff Member
Administrator
Back to back Utah players for the Jags. Not sure where Phillips goes in real life due to his size, but he’s a certified dawg and playmaker. Would have ideally liked him for the Bengals but since I couldn’t trade players along with picks, the Jags will have to do.

I like Phillips a lot and I think he goes in Day 2.

Ozzsome

Practice Squad
This is arguably an overdraft. I'm not sure how many, if any, have him among the best prospects available, and honestly if this were real life, I'd likely lean elsewhere. But there may not have been a running back with a better second half of the year that Tyjae Spears. Tape aside, which blew me away at times, he finished with 1,272 rushing yards, 13 TDs, 8.3 YPC with 5.6 after contact per attempt and 51 broken tackles. In 8 games. Against 4 nationally ranked opponents and he may have had the best Senior Bowl of any player. I don't know exactly where he goes. Round 2-4 are a real possibility. But I think he's electric enough to at least carve out a role somewhere. One of my biggest pre-draft crushes this year.
I was surprised to see Spears go that early, was banking on him to be one of my 3rd round picks.
I've actually seen him first when I was scouting a defensive player and he absolutely demolished the opposition, I've then started to scout him more and think he's vastly underrated.
And I think mid to end of the 2nd round there are no reaches if you really like a player he has a great chance to pan out.

Truth

Staff Member
Administrator
I was surprised to see Spears go that early, was banking on him to be one of my 3rd round picks.
I've actually seen him first when I was scouting a defensive player and he absolutely demolished the opposition, I've then started to scout him more and think he's vastly underrated.
And I think mid to end of the 2nd round there are no reaches if you really like a player he has a great chance to pan out.

Definitely a relief to have your stamp of approval. And for sure, I thought without me taking him here, I would've expected him to go in the middle of the 3rd. And honestly, I likely could've traded back and taken him at the very end of the 2nd. He was just the one player I would've been devastated to lose out on. I think it's always cool to discover players by mistake. I discovered Patrick Mahomes when watching his RB. And good point on the latter!

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
Good pick in Clark Phillips. I liked him a lot as he was right behind Sam La Porta on my big board.

Truth

Staff Member
Administrator
Passing along a message from @Thezone27:

I truly do apologize for my actions during this year's FM. I'd like to thank the mods for not banning me, but I will not be playing anymore for at least this year (and I may be banned from future FMs as well). I would like to wish @Ozzsome and whoever the new Broncos Gm is the best of luck. If either of you would like to talk to me about me helping the team, feel free to PM me. on behalf of @Ndub67 I would like to wish @All_black_everything the best of luck with LV.

Truth

Staff Member
Administrator
Going to keep the window open for anyone looking to trade up. I've got someone in mind so I'm here to make the pick if it doesn't happen.

Ozzsome

Practice Squad
Also, @Ozzsome is OTC. About to lose one of my main targets, I'm sure.
I actually do not think I did so this time.
I consider him more of a reach but his tape is really enticing. Either he gets suspended for 12 Games a season or you gonna have a hard time against him.
Especially in Demeco Ryans Defense I think he fits well and we know he loves fast tough and smart players.

Truth

Staff Member
Administrator
I actually do not think I did so this time.
I consider him more of a reach but his tape is really enticing. Either he gets suspended for 12 Games a season or you gonna have a hard time against him.
Especially in Demeco Ryans Defense I think he fits well and we know he loves fast tough and smart players.

You didn't! But only because of my how much depth I have at safety. Skinner was definitely on my big board. I don't think this is a reach. I've seen him mocked into the middle of the 2nd. It's difficult to find a player with his length, range and versatility.

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
Currently Sailing Away from the Port of San Juan and tomorrow we will be in St. Kitts.

Just wanted to say hello to everyone from the Caribbean.

Truth

Staff Member
Administrator
Sorry for the delay. Took me ages to decide. I ended up going with Tyrique Stevenson, whom I feel is falling through the cracks of an incredibly deep CB class. His tape was solid as it was, and I thought he showed out at the Senior Bowl, showcasing his ability to jam at the Senior Bowl. At its best, it was textbook. He'd take a backstep with his boundary foot and and stab at the middle of the chest with his inside hand. I think he could improve in zone, but it's also a critique that I felt was slightly overblown given that he fared well there in both seasons at Miami.

Sorry for the delay. Took me ages to decide. I ended up going with Tyrique Stevenson, whom I feel is falling through the cracks of an incredibly deep CB class. His tape was solid as it was, and I thought he showed out at the Senior Bowl, showcasing his ability to jam at the Senior Bowl. At its best, it was textbook. He'd take a backstep with his boundary foot and and stab at the middle of the chest with his inside hand. I think he could improve in zone, but it's also a critique that I felt was slightly overblown given that he fared well there in both seasons at Miami.
If you didn't take him I was going to

Simba

Staff Member
Good thing I got to pick yesterday morning because I was in absolutely no condition to make a pick from basically that point on