• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

2023 Forum Mock: Discussion Thread

Ozzsome

Practice Squad
Havent watched Jake Haener yet but his stats are intruiging. I actually wanted to scout him today because I didnt think anyone would pick a QB this late in the draft and I could get him on the cheap

Havent watched Jake Haener yet but his stats are intruiging. I actually wanted to scout him today because I didnt think anyone would pick a QB this late in the draft and I could get him on the cheap

Being from Fresno I may be a little biased but I like him as a late round pick. If you get around to scouting him share your thoughts on him and I’ll chime in afterwards so I don’t cloud your judgment

Truth

Staff Member
Administrator
Being from Fresno I may be a little biased but I like him as a late round pick. If you get around to scouting him share your thoughts on him and I’ll chime in afterwards so I don’t cloud your judgment

I had him rated as potentially the best QB of the bunch at this stage. I think he's the most likely to stick around at least as a solid back-up.

Ludy51

Hall of Famer
Finally checked back in, saw I had an outstanding pick so I made an outstanding pick!

For real though, just put me on auto-skip and I’ll make my picks whenever I remember to check in on this lol

Simba

Staff Member
All I could think of when watching Haener was Taylor Heinicke. Arm strength and size are both well below average but he has all of the other intangibles you’d want to see. Feels like your ultimate bridge QB who hangs around for awhile and continues to get chances.

Truth

Staff Member
Administrator
Finally checked back in, saw I had an outstanding pick so I made an outstanding pick!

For real though, just put me on auto-skip and I’ll make my picks whenever I remember to check in on this lol

Ha!

If it helps, it looks like you only have 1 pick left and it's within the next 10.

All I could think of when watching Haener was Taylor Heinicke. Arm strength and size are both well below average but he has all of the other intangibles you’d want to see. Feels like your ultimate bridge QB who hangs around for awhile and continues to get chances.

I can see the comp. Like I said I’m biased and would like to see him succeed but if he were a little bigger and arm strength was a little better I think he’d be getting talked about a lot more. Love him in a timing-rhythm based offense and felt him sitting behind Kirk Cousins for a year or two with the weapons Carolina now has would be a good spot for him

Over to @Giants56Ravens52 on a 6 hour clock
In my defense, I'm normally very good about these things.

I've got your 6 hour clock right here...

1200px-Pgr_Roma_-_Palazzo_del_Quirinale_o6o.jpg

Truth

Staff Member
Administrator
Not remotely where I thought I was going with this selection, but I have Brown going a little higher than this. @paRAYdise is OTC.

On a side note, if anybody needs an RB, I am looking to trade James Robinson or Rashaad Penny. Willing to send either one for a mere trade up in the 6th.

Simba

Staff Member
My picks will be in soon. Trying to make a final decision while I make and eat my lunch.

Simba

Staff Member
Sucks when you have 3 guys you like but only 2 picks lol. Sean Tucker has some medical concerns that some are saying might drop him, but I figured I'd take a chance on the talent and vision.

Truth

Staff Member
Administrator
Love the Tucker pick. I was considering him over Brown, and he might be the better RB when it's all said and done. The injury situation is a concern, but given the 40 time and the fact that it's generally the one drill players avoid when they're dealing with soft-tissue injuries, I would say that it bodes well for his clearance. It might even suggest that he played through 2022 while not 100%, which makes the tape look even better.