• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

2023 Forum Mock: Discussion Thread

Truth

Staff Member
Administrator
It might be a tick early for Johnson, but the profile kept checking the boxes. His technique in press coverage was highly nuanced, and the tape checked out. The measurables were there as far as size and length, and he the production echoed the sentiments. He fits what I'm looking for with Buffalo, either he or Stevenson pan out, it should give enough flexibility to potentially move White if his injury history zaps his abilities.

Send Boards.
Dzp7pNkUUAAGvMG.jpg

Truth

Staff Member
Administrator
I was hoping to go elsewhere and then to return to Johnson, but with all of the visits he's getting, I just didn't want to chance. Some of the more entertaining tape of any Day 3 prospect in this class. His 1v1 reps at the Shrine Bowl were ridiculous in their own right, but stuff like this continued popping up:

Desjuan Johnson.gif

Wild speed-to-power. He lines up between the 9 and 6 as the DLE. And after disengaging off of the first TE, he executes a long-arm on the second TE that literally takes him off of his feet. I know that it's the MAC conference. But that second blocker had a decent pass blocking set and was upheaved with a textbook technique by someone whom was decelerated before the move. I don't know if Johnson will make a name for himself, perhaps he'll end up as a rotational lineman. But the upside is incredibly intriguing.

52520Andrew

Pro Bowler
For sure. Definitely a deep group. You just took in Abdullah whom could be considered a slip.
Yeah I haven't been able to do as much research this year as in the past so I came onto him late but really liking him. Just brings so many different things to the table, think Gannon would find good use for him