• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

Next Up: @Steelers

UPennChem

Hall of Famer
To be honest, I think this game comes down to exactly one thing, and that is our pass rush. We know their secondary is horrible and we have some weapons. We know that they are going to get some pressure on Joe. We know Joe is gonna make some plays but he's probably also gonna turn it over. All in all I think we put up a good number of points. It's a matter of how many we let up. Without Jimmy, their receivers are better than our corners. And we've seen the Steelers in every game this year have a potent offense. The only time they actually looked bad was against the browns and that's because they pressured Ben into making bad choices. If we don't get pressure, I think this just turns into a slugfest. And in a slugfest, your money should probably be on Ben over Joe. With that being said, I hope Wink unleashes timmy and with Mosley and peirce back, maybe we can actually afford to blitz and get some pressure. My prediction 31-30 Ravens. Ravens defense stops Ben on the final drive of the game like they haven't done in recent times.

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer
I’m excited to see how Kenny young does in a really high pressure game like this. Personally I think he’s gonna thrive, he seems like a gamer to me. He has excelled and played like 10x the player he was in college when asked to step in and fill the shoes of one of the best ILBs in the league and has probably been our best player so far, I see no reason to think he doesn’t continue that trend in this high pressure game. I think this might be the game where he gets a pick, Ben will be attacking us with his TEs frequently and Kenny should have opportunities. I think he’s gonna really put himself in the national spotlight with this game

Ellicottraven

Ravens Ring of Honor
I think our offense is going to overwhelm the Steelers defense and vice versa isn't necessarily true. Our defense is more up to the task in defending the Steelers offense than the Steelers defense is. Our ST is substantially better than the Steelers. I still maintain that the Ravens will trounce the Steelers and embarrass them on national TV tomorrow night. And no I am not smoking anything illegal in MD.

I think our offense is going to overwhelm the Steelers defense and vice versa isn't necessarily true. Our defense is more up to the task in defending the Steelers offense than the Steelers defense is. Our ST is substantially better than the Steelers. I still maintain that the Ravens will trounce the Steelers and embarrass them on national TV tomorrow night. And no I am not smoking anything illegal in MD.
I’m reluctant to get too high of expectations based on Steelers D and their current ranking. At home national tv and rivalry game could really have them playing with fire. They are going to try and rally the troops after all the talk of dissentient.

Trounce? I’ll just take another game where we get an edge but this time the defense makes it stand up at the end.

rossihunter2

Staff Member
I’m reluctant to get too high of expectations based on Steelers D and their current ranking. At home national tv and rivalry game could really have them playing with fire. They are going to try and rally the troops after all the talk of dissentient.

Trounce? I’ll just take another game where we get an edge but this time the defense makes it stand up at the end.

im in a similar boat - im both extremely confident and extremely nervous

Dom McRaven

Hall of Famer
I'm also extremely nervous. I REALLY hope Tavon steps his game up because I don't see our pass-rush doing anything.

Dom McRaven

Hall of Famer
Is Conner the type of RB that can truck over our LBs and safeties? How is he in pass protection? How has he as a pass-catcher compared to Bell?

Jacquouille

Ravens Ring of Honor
Supporter
Is Conner the type of RB that can truck over our LBs and safeties? How is he in pass protection? How has he as a pass-catcher compared to Bell?
He can definitely truck. Don't know about pass pro, but he 's sneaky good as a pass-catcher. Can easily get YAC and first downs if you give him space

rossihunter2

Staff Member
He can definitely truck. Don't know about pass pro, but he 's sneaky good as a pass-catcher. Can easily get YAC and first downs if you give him space

significantly though he doesnt offer as much as a pure receiver as bell or as a pass protector - he is fine as a pass protector and he's really good receiving out of the backfield but not as a route runner out wide or from the slot

so while he's going to be a difficult player to contend with he is most definitely a step down from lev bell

Ellicottraven

Ravens Ring of Honor

Trounce! Absolutely it's time for me to watch a Ravens-Steelers game without having heart palpitations. They're going to go up by 3 TDs in the first quarter and keep building on that advantage throughout the game. That is my expectation for this game. Absolutely trounce and suck the life out of the team and their fans. God knows its time and I DESERVE IT.

Dom McRaven

Hall of Famer
Trounce! Absolutely it's time for me to watch a Ravens-Steelers game without having heart palpitations. They're going to go up by 3 TDs in the first quarter and keep building on that advantage throughout the game. That is my expectation for this game. Absolutely trounce and suck the life out of the team and their fans. God knows its time and I DESERVE IT.
You better be right about this...

Dom McRaven

Hall of Famer
Same. And I hate the Juju-Tavon matchup.
Other from Flacco for obvious reasons, no player has me more worried and nervous than Tavon. I do NOT trust our Jimmy Smith-less secondary on the road against a good QB (in this case, a really good QB).

Oldfaithful

Hall of Famer
We could field a pass rush of JJ Watt, Mack, Von Miller, and Atkins and it wouldn’t matter..... Steelers would hold us to death

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
Its not illegal, send me some stuff and package it with those purple glasses

Militant X 1

Ravens Ring of Honor

I feel the exact same way @balfan23. There is a recent common thread that I have noticed with the Ravens that some fans are constantly leaving out:

1. Ravens don't play too well on the road (slow, sluggish starts seem to be the norm).

2. Ravens don't play too well on the road and in prime time when national eyes are on them (a chronic problem that must be dealt with).

And now, even as I type this the Bengals have already handled their business on the road and beat the Falcons and the Browns are playing hard to defeat the Raiders in Oakland. Sure, both teams have played non-division foes (division foes are tougher due to familiarity) but they also played on the road-like the Ravens are doing tonight.

So the question to me becomes; "What are the Ravens going to do with the 1-1-1 Steelers...in Pittsburgh and in prime time tonight?"

Seriously? I don't have a damn clue! I'll just be "hoping" that the Ravens show up and don't piss the sheets for all the world to see!

Last edited: