• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

Next Up: @Steelers

RL52TheGreatest

Ravens Ring of Honor
All the eyes will be on us.

Which usually means we lose.

I feel like it will be different this year with an improved offense, which is why I picked us to win, but I can totally see us going out there and laying an egg. Prime-time games have not been kind to us lately.

ALI624

Pro Bowler
Harbs says he sees no reason why Mosley and Pierce wouldn't play.

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer
We need to scheme an entire games worth of quick separation plays. They will be running man because they are blitzing so much, every player in the secondary is average at best and most are straight up liabilities, the LBs are good blitzers but liabilities in coverage, they will get in joes face all night, you have to be CERTAIN that our wrs get open consistently before the blitz arrives, the way to do that is: bunch formations, TE crossing routes, qb misdirection, and designed dumpoffs or screens. The middle of the field should be wide open all night and give a shitload of YAC room, give the ball to Collins in the passing game for fucks sake.

If we don’t go the extra mile to scheme guys open for quick separation, and just ask them to win 1 on 1 matchups to get open, we will struggle to move against their blitz.

Edgar

Ravens Ring of Honor
Just a quick look at The Steelers and how we might exploit their zone looks in particular.

Jacquouille

Ravens Ring of Honor
Supporter
We need to scheme an entire games worth of quick separation plays. They will be running man because they are blitzing so much, every player in the secondary is average at best and most are straight up liabilities, the LBs are good blitzers but liabilities in coverage, they will get in joes face all night, you have to be CERTAIN that our wrs get open consistently before the blitz arrives, the way to do that is: bunch formations, TE crossing routes, qb misdirection, and designed dumpoffs or screens. The middle of the field should be wide open all night and give a shitload of YAC room, give the ball to Collins in the passing game for fucks sake.

If we don’t go the extra mile to scheme guys open for quick separation, and just ask them to win 1 on 1 matchups to get open, we will struggle to move against their blitz.
They're not blitzing that much. If anything they'll keep as much as possible in coverage because they're that bad at it. And even in 7 men drops there are gapping holes, miscommunications and plain lost one on ones. Their safeties are playing too deep and their LBs two shallow, leading me to believe Mark Andrews (and hopefully Hurst) will torch them. Their CB are bad in a lot of categories, and if it's Cover 1 or 3 John Brown and Crab should get a lot of opportunities. I don't think we should play scared and only dial up quick passes. Tampa went play action heavy and it worked very well. So did KC and CLE. Not saying we should keep it one dimensionnal, as long as they don't know what's coming they'll get beat 9/10 so let's have a balanced gameplan with runs, quick passes, screens, draws, play actions and we should have a lot of favourable matchups.

DeVito52

Ravens Ring of Honor
I can’t imagine having a defense that bad and barely doing anything about it? If I were the Steelers I would’ve gone all defense in the draft etc. Chiefs too

Actually I just realized we always have had an offense that bad and didn’t do anything about it for years so I guess I can imagine it

Jacquouille

Ravens Ring of Honor
Supporter
I can’t imagine having a defense that bad and barely doing anything about it? If I were the Steelers I would’ve gone all defense in the draft etc. Chiefs too

Actually I just realized we always have had an offense that bad and didn’t do anything about it for years so I guess I can imagine it
The Chiefs actually went full defense. The Steelers also drafted some. They're just bad evaluators