• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

Next Up: @Steelers

Willbacker

Ravens Ring of Honor
Carr will be playing, Stanley isnt exactly worse and I did not even notice if Suggs was hurt but I am pretty sure it will take more than whatever he has to keep him from playing the Steelers

No. Hunting season is in. And I hear there is no limit on how many Big Bens you can bag.

SepticeyePoe

Hall of Famer
did he, I must have missed that
Yeah, I think he did. He took it off and the announcers mentioned it. Then there was a timeout and they said that he had put the brace back on. If I'm remembering correctly, that is.

If the Bucs win tommorow night that is huge! Even so that worries me cause the Steelers will play like there's no tommorow. I'm not even sure my Pack can beat Buffalo at home next week.

Crabcruncher

Practice Squad
I hope Hayden hurst is healthy, mark Andrews has been a weapon, but not in the way hurst can be. Hurst should help so much with our run blocking, predictability, misdirection, and springing guys open with route combos. Something that never gets mentioned about hurst in college was how good he was at lining up in crowded formations and running clean pick plays to spring guys open. Guys like Andrews and Snead and buck Allen have a knack to capitalize on that kind of addition.

I can’t wait to see hurst on drags and slants and the infamous TE screens that we (used to) love to run. TEs with excellent YAC are rare, hurst can run like Jeremy shockey with the ball and can run quick explosive routes
Being a first round draft pick , I think the Ravens are going to be very cautious about bringing Hurst back too soon. The average time off the field with a stress fracture is roughly eight to nine weeks.
I think the Ravens will be smart and Hurst wont see the field until after the bye week, which I think is week 11.
Mark can hold the fort down until than.

Oldfaithful

Hall of Famer
This is the game to unleash Orlando Brown and revert Hurst back to where he should be at LG. The line looked much improved yesterday and we played a damn good defense in Denver(yes, they're not the elite unit of 2015 anymore. But that defense is still very talented across the board even if you take Von Miller out of the equation). The Steelers have an impressive front 3 and TJ Watt is a solid player too, but holy crap the rest of that front 7 is atrocious. Tuitt and Heyward are both very good and I get that. There's a good chance that Orlando Brown Jr. would have to go up against Bud Dupree a decent amount of the time. Dupree is not that good of a player.

In fact the Steelers defense as a whole looks horrible. Their corners suck, the secondary outside of one player is absolutely terrible and that linebacking corps is among the worst in the league without Shazier.

I actually think our defense even without Jimmy is kind of tailor made for this Steelers team. Yes, Tavon Young had his worst game ever vs. The Bengals, he's been very good otherwise and we refused to adjust to AJ Green in the slot(who's unstoppable anyways).

Honestly. I thought the Steelers were overrated from the get go. It won't matter, they always play us very tough. But I just think we're a better team.

Grim

Ravens Ring of Honor
It’s kind of nice that the Steelers also get a short week even if they play at home against us. Here’s hoping we steal the win from them as they will probably be favored against us since they are home

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer
Steelers haven’t felt the wrath of joe since the kubiak wild card game. If we don’t start out slow and give up really stupid plays early like we’ve done the past 2 weeks we should win this game with no problem, but god dammit we can’t be stupid and we have to have a plan for AB, get Humphrey on him at all costs. And don’t let Conner beat us, he’s been damn good so far and our run defense has been solid but has been prone to giving up chunks, we can’t let Conner break off a handful of 10 yard runs like we did vs the broncos.

rossihunter2

Staff Member
Being a first round draft pick , I think the Ravens are going to be very cautious about bringing Hurst back too soon. The average time off the field with a stress fracture is roughly eight to nine weeks.
I think the Ravens will be smart and Hurst wont see the field until after the bye week, which I think is week 11.
Mark can hold the fort down until than.

his initial injury happened August 24th - that's already 4 and a half weeks ago - the initial timetable was for him to be back in 3-4 weeks but either hes recovering slowly or we're being cautious

but even with your timetable of 8-9 weeks he'd be back by week 7 - and if we really thought he wouldnt be back until week 11 (or even after week 8) we'd have put him on I/R so that he could return later in the year

id assume according to the timetable that Hurst would start practicing sometime in the next 2-3 weeks

RL52TheGreatest

Ravens Ring of Honor
The Steelers will be playing for their lives especially if they end up losing to the Bucs tonight. If we don't come in fully prepared then this could end up being one of our infamous, dud games in Primetime where we get blown out.

Grim

Ravens Ring of Honor
I don’t think the narrative matters with this team. Steelers could be 0-15 and they’ll still play us tough. I couldn’t care less whether they win big, lose big, win or lose close or even tie against TB because I don’t think it matters one iota. If anything hope for more locker room division because that may help us but tonight’s game has little or no impact on our game outside maybe injuries.

I just want to win. Use the shit out of Andrews because there isn't a single player on their team who can cover him.

Ravensnation5220

Ravens Ring of Honor
I have 2 worries in this game. When Humphrey isnt covering Brown or JuJu it will be Carr and he got eaten up yesterday. Also worry about the lack of run gane to the left side....i really dont like our matchups at LG and C vs Heyward and Tuitt. They could wreck the game for us.

allblackraven

Hall of Famer
The team whose secondary gets abused less will win next week. It's shaping up to be quite something different than normal Steelers-Ravens game.

I think we need to make a move for a PR/KR. I don't hate Tim White but he looked so hesitant returning punts and I think we just need a playmaker back there. I just don't know how we're going to get one at this stage.

Ravensnation5220

Ravens Ring of Honor
Damn looking at the rest of our schedule we could really benefit from a 3-1 start. Rough sledding comming up as 4/5 are on the road and then we play Steelers again in Baltimore. Shortly after we play the Falcons and Cheifs on the road...rough