• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

The Good, The Bad, and The Steelers Defense

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer
I can careless about the way you feel on what i say.. i put my money where my mouth is when it comes to this and it pans out majority of the time! I am not a fan of hump till his ball skills improve. I literally only watched the first 3 plays. I was expecting some super tight cvg till the point he that AB was gonna have no space but thats not what happened.
If you put your money where your mouth is and it pans out, then how the fuck is Marlon evidently and statistically one of the consistent top corners in the league as only a sophomore, but you still jump on his case every time his name is mentioned, despite there being clear evidence that he’s playing extremely well.

We could stand side by side looking at a red brick wall, you would say the wall is blue, I could look up red on google, show you what the color red looks like, and cross reference it with the obviously red brick wall, and all you would say is “bro it’s blue I know this shit i put my money where my mouth is and it pans out”.

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
I actually got into an argument with a guy who said Humphrey not turning his head in man coverage means AB won every time... not when the ball is coming, I mean he thinks he should ALWAYS be reading the qb... against Antonio fucking brown.

When I explained that reading the qb was more a zone concept and that man coverage was more about sticking the wr and reading cues from the wr that the ball was coming, he was like nope, you always look at the qb. He must have been a steeler fan cuz clearly he likes his corners getting toasted in man coverage
A lot of people don’t understand that at all and they also can’t tell when they are playing zone vs. man. To many of us on his board, we understand those concepts and watch film and can analyze what is going on.

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer
A lot of people don’t understand that at all and they also can’t tell when they are playing zone vs. man. To many of us on his board, we understand those concepts and watch film and can analyze what is going on.
I wish everyone else in the world could really talk football. It’s frustrating listening to sports radio or watching sports tv and hoping for quality football discussion, and fuck ever hoping to have a good discussion anywhere on the internet or social media

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
I wish everyone else in the world could really talk football. It’s frustrating listening to sports radio or watching sports tv and hoping for quality football discussion, and fuck ever hoping to have a good discussion anywhere on the internet or social media
I also hate correcting announcers all the time. It’s really frustrating they make all this money and make so many mistakes. I also hate how they are always stating the obvious.

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer
I also hate correcting announcers all the time. It’s really frustrating they make all this money and make so many mistakes. I also hate how they are always stating the obvious.
Like al michaels on the Levine int: “Levine a special teamer getting some action here tonight” like... my dude he’s been a major contributor to the ravens for 3 years now. When he didn’t fill in well as a slot cb in the secondary massacre of 2014, he found a niche as a dimebacker and has been one of the best in the league at that role since and without him we are a very different pass defense.

rossihunter2

Staff Member

that's why the good announcers are really great - tony romo was a breath of fresh air and booger mcfarland has been great on monday night too - tbf to collinsworth while he's predictable and annoying he often has some really quick and nice analysis - also bruce arians lol

frustratingly tony romo is doing colour for the jags chiefs game which is also a 1pm game so will miss that one

cdp

Ravens Ring of Honor
I actually got into an argument with a guy who said Humphrey not turning his head in man coverage means AB won every time... not when the ball is coming, I mean he thinks he should ALWAYS be reading the qb... against Antonio fucking brown.

When I explained that reading the qb was more a zone concept and that man coverage was more about sticking the wr and reading cues from the wr that the ball was coming, he was like nope, you always look at the qb. He must have been a steeler fan cuz clearly he likes his corners getting toasted in man coverage
You must've been the guy who was asking for time stamps haha
OL play is also greatly misunderstood, Geoff Schwartz was pointing out a mistake by Barkley who hit the wrong gap this week on twitter. But the answers and feedback were head scratching They criticized the OL instead of Barkley because he was trying to make a play.

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer
You must've been the guy who was asking for time stamps haha
OL play is also greatly misunderstood, Geoff Schwartz was pointing out a mistake by Barkley who hit the wrong gap this week on twitter. But the answers and feedback were head scratching They criticized the OL instead of Barkley because he was trying to make a play.
Yeah that was me lmao.

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer
that's why the good announcers are really great - tony romo was a breath of fresh air and booger mcfarland has been great on monday night too - tbf to collinsworth while he's predictable and annoying he often has some really quick and nice analysis - also bruce arians lol

frustratingly tony romo is doing colour for the jags chiefs game which is also a 1pm game so will miss that one
Romo is already that GOAT commentator. And I would like ostrichworth if he wasn’t such a dickrider for the big market teams

Deebo813

Hall of Famer
If you put your money where your mouth is and it pans out, then how the fuck is Marlon evidently and statistically one of the consistent top corners in the league as only a sophomore, but you still jump on his case every time his name is mentioned, despite there being clear evidence that he’s playing extremely well.

We could stand side by side looking at a red brick wall, you would say the wall is blue, I could look up red on google, show you what the color red looks like, and cross reference it with the obviously red brick wall, and all you would say is “bro it’s blue I know this shit i put my money where my mouth is and it pans out”.
i never said he isnt playing well. He just isnt playing as well as you guys hyping him up to be. I can careless about stats. Stats said that landan collins and gurley are the best at their pos and i never agreed with that shit. hump has given up 2 tds on which he couldve easily made a play on if he aware the ball was thrown....

rossihunter2

Staff Member
i never said he isnt playing well. He just isnt playing as well as you guys hyping him up to be. I can careless about stats. Stats said that landan collins and gurley are the best at their pos and i never agreed with that shit. hump has given up 2 tds two games straight on which he couldve easily made a play on if he aware the ball was thrown.

Gurley probably is the best at his position...

and fyi humphrey didnt give up a td 2 games straight - we've only conceded 3 tds in the last 2 games and the 2 tds vs the broncos were both run plays

Deebo813

Hall of Famer
Gurley probably is the best at his position...

and fyi humphrey didnt give up a td 2 games straight - we've only conceded 3 tds in the last 2 games and the 2 tds vs the broncos were both run plays
Yea i edited it. It was bengals and steelers. Idk, im not really a fan of gurley. I think kamara, bell , zeke and even hunt are better runners than him. David johnson too but that line is making him
Look terrible!

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer
i never said he isnt playing well. He just isnt playing as well as you guys hyping him up to be. I can careless about stats. Stats said that landan collins and gurley are the best at their pos and i never agreed with that shit. hump has given up 2 tds on which he couldve easily made a play on if he aware the ball was thrown....
Gurley probably is the best RB in the league, imo it’s between him and kamara but gurley is much more inclined when he needs to run strong so I give him an edge. What was the 2nd TD? Was it vs the bengals? I can’t remember.

And the reason he couldn’t play the ball AB caught on him was because the play was extended, when you have single man coverage on AB and Ben isn’t pressured, you’re fucked, Brown was stuck by hump, Ben extended the play, hump recovered but couldn’t recover enough to play the ball, that’s just expected, the rush needed to get home on that because that play was designed to force a quick throw or get a sack with single man on their top target. He still had to make a fucking miraculous catch on Humphrey’s helmet to do it because despite a long extended play against the most dangerous route runner we’ve ever seen he was locked on.

I guess A.J. Bouye is just a piece of shit because the Steelers beat him like he stole something. I guess Ramsey is ass because he’s given up TDs. Sherman is trash because roddy White made light work of him. Like cmon dude, we get it you hate Humphrey, but that’s your own personal bullshit, Humphrey has played fucking excellent and trying to factually state that he hasn’t been good because he doesn’t turn his head well is just false. Btw, turning the head at full speed at the catching point is something that a shitload of good corners can’t do, Ramsey couldn’t turn his head for shit and he’s just now developing it, jimmy didn’t learn to turn his head til his 3rd year.

rossihunter2

Staff Member
Yea i edited it. It was bengals and steelers. Idk, im not really a fan of gurley. I think kamara, bell , zeke and even hunt are better runners than him. David johnson too but that line is making him
Look terrible!

zeke is a better pure runner but Gurley is the best RB in the league - Kamara's probably closest and David Johnson is coming back from injury so might get back to that level - zeke just doesnt impact the passing game in the same way Gurley and Kamara and Johnson do - and im sorry but Hunt is a good runner but he's absolutely not in the same stratosphere as those top 4-5 guys at the moment

Deebo813

Hall of Famer
Gurley probably is the best RB in the league, imo it’s between him and kamara but gurley is much more inclined when he needs to run strong so I give him an edge. What was the 2nd TD? Was it vs the bengals? I can’t remember.

And the reason he couldn’t play the ball AB caught on him was because the play was extended, when you have single man coverage on AB and Ben isn’t pressured, you’re fucked, Brown was stuck by hump, Ben extended the play, hump recovered but couldn’t recover enough to play the ball, that’s just expected, the rush needed to get home on that because that play was designed to force a quick throw or get a sack with single man on their top target. He still had to make a fucking miraculous catch on Humphrey’s helmet to do it because despite a long extended play against the most dangerous route runner we’ve ever seen he was locked on.

I guess A.J. Bouye is just a piece of shit because the Steelers beat him like he stole something. I guess Ramsey is ass because he’s given up TDs. Sherman is trash because roddy White made light work of him. Like cmon dude, we get it you hate Humphrey, but that’s your own personal bullshit, Humphrey has played fucking excellent and trying to factually state that he hasn’t been good because he doesn’t turn his head well is just false. Btw, turning the head at full speed at the catching point is something that a shitload of good corners can’t do, Ramsey couldn’t turn his head for shit and he’s just now developing it, jimmy didn’t learn to turn his head til his 3rd year.
ramsey been turning his head since his college days.. thats how i noticed him in the first place! Hump hasnt been getting his around even while in college and now same in nfl so my opinions about him isnt gonna change regardless of the hype he receives.. bouye is nice, however he got abused bad as fuck by big ben simply cause he wasnt able to get his head around. Collins got killed by brady 2nd half of SB because he also wasnt able to get his head around. Like bouye, collins was playing excellent cvg but couldnt anticipate the throws at all! Please lets not act like its just an every once in a while thing for hump, its all the time.

ALI624

Pro Bowler
Humphrey was on the Ravens Lounge after the game if anyone is interested.

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer
ramsey been turning his head since his college days.. thats how i noticed him in the first place! Hump hasnt been getting his around even while in college and now same in nfl so my opinions about him isnt gonna change regardless of the hype he receives.. bouye is nice, however he got abused bad as fuck by big ben simply cause he wasnt able to get his head around. Collins got killed by brady 2nd half of SB because he also wasnt able to get his head around. Like bouye, collins was playing excellent cvg but couldnt anticipate the throws at all! Please lets not act like its just an every once in a while thing for hump, its all the time.
Ramsey was not turning his head in college...

Grim

Ravens Ring of Honor
Ramsey was not turning his head in college...
There’s a reason people thought he was more of a safety until his last year. Amazing talent though. Ramsey is one of the best I’ve ever scouted and he’s remarkably improved in the NFL.

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer
There’s a reason people thought he was more of a safety until his last year. Amazing talent though. Ramsey is one of the best I’ve ever scouted and he’s remarkably improved in the NFL.
exactly. I loved him as a SS and honestly thought he had potential to go down as an all time great at SS and I felt this VERY STRONGLY just from college tape, that’s how good he was, but he didn’t play the ball well and when he moved to corner he was 100% about jamming a guy into the bleachers before the 5 yard holding Mark, and he did it very frequently, however, when he ended up having to go downfield he was often trailing and just using length and athleticism to get in the way, he always had good positioning and stayed stuck to his man, but he wasn’t looking back for any throws.

Sounds familiar...