• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

The Good, The Bad, and The Steelers Defense

Ludy51

Hall of Famer
As Hokie (well, graduated, but still), I watched all their games.

With the Edmunds brothers, you're really just banking on potential and their athletic gifts to get them through until their brains catch up. Unfortunately for Terrell, he's not nearly the athletic freak that Tremaine is.

Terrell is a really good athlete and he'd honestly probably benefit from being an inside linebacker, much like Deone Buchannen.
And we've already seen Tremaine Edmunds make plays, along with his struggles, he caused an Aaron Rodgers int sunday for crying out loud!

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer
As Hokie (well, graduated, but still), I watched all their games.

With the Edmunds brothers, you're really just banking on potential and their athletic gifts to get them through until their brains catch up. Unfortunately for Terrell, he's not nearly the athletic freak that Tremaine is.

Terrell is a really good athlete and he'd honestly probably benefit from being an inside linebacker, much like Deone Buchannen.
I always pegged Terrell as a future dimebacker and a project. If he is there mentally and develops, he could be very good in the dime. Tremaine on the other hand might not be the most cerebral player but he’s kind of instinctive, he’s very aggressive and breaks early on plays frequently and often finishes on those plays. They’re just in 2 different worlds, the Steelers were really dumb to draft such a project that early

29BmoreBird22

Staff Member
Writer
And we've already seen Tremaine Edmunds make plays, along with his struggles, he caused an Aaron Rodgers int sunday for crying out loud!

I always pegged Terrell as a future dimebacker and a project. If he is there mentally and develops, he could be very good in the dime. Tremaine on the other hand might not be the most cerebral player but he’s kind of instinctive, he’s very aggressive and breaks early on plays frequently and often finishes on those plays. They’re just in 2 different worlds, the Steelers were really dumb to draft such a project that early
Once the game finally slows down for Tremaine and he can start processing plays before they unfold (think Kuechly, Lewis) a little better, he's going to be scary. He just has the athletic ability to do whatever he wants and be in a position to make a play; he just needs to consistently figure out what that position is.

As for Terrell, he was a rover for Tech. It's basically an outside linebacker that's being played by a defensive back because teams like to run a lot and prioritize speed to the outside. Just adds extra speed up front, basically, but Terrell was clearly most comfortable coming downhill, not being asked to play deep.

we're thin at running back - we miss kenneth dixon as that safer option if collins does disappoint who can also be a workhorse runner who makes guys miss

buck allen is a good change of pace type back in our offence but he's not a guy id want leading the ravens in carries unless we're in salting the game away mode (which he is really crazily good at)
I agree. Which is why I think you're hearing Harbaugh making it clear he's not giving up on him, but also making it clear we just can't have that crap. It came damn close to being a game killer for us, if not for the fact that the defense stood tall in the 2nd half.

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer

A year 2 cb has now glued to AB for 8 quarters. Humphrey is going to end up one of the top corners in the league. He gave up separation 3 times in man coverage. Even on the TD, it was a scramble and extended play, and Humphrey didn’t give an inch, he just made an incredible catch. Being able to stick AB on an extended play is impressive because he gets everyone with that shit.

This boy is for real.

Oldfaithful

Hall of Famer

A year 2 cb has now glued to AB for 8 quarters. Humphrey is going to end up one of the top corners in the league. He gave up separation 3 times in man coverage. Even on the TD, it was a scramble and extended play, and Humphrey didn’t give an inch, he just made an incredible catch. Being able to stick AB on an extended play is impressive because he gets everyone with that shit.

This boy is for real.

But I thought we didn't draft any difference makers?

DeVito52

Ravens Ring of Honor

This boy is for real.

What a damn good strong safety we’ve got

cobrajet

Hall of Famer

This boy is for real.

I said when we drafted him that he reminded me so much of Jimmy Smith. I feel he is going to be just as good. He was a great pick.

ALI624

Pro Bowler
I said when we drafted him that he reminded me so much of Jimmy Smith. I feel he is going to be just as good. He was a great pick.
Come on now he gave up a TD he is garbage.

DeVito52

Ravens Ring of Honor
Lmao I remember that from earlier this year. Pure comedy.

Fuck you mike Mitchell you’re a waste oxygen

Look here’s Mitchell right here - I know it’s a burning pile of trash but what’s the difference

allblackraven

Hall of Famer
It's all because of Tomlin's developing and nurturing toxic culture.
After the game on Sunday, Switzer was talking to press. Asked to assess the game, his answer started with: "I am doing my best to make name for myself..."
That's all you need to know about Shittsburgh.
I wish Tomlin remains their coach forever.

DeVito52

Ravens Ring of Honor
After the game on Sunday, Switzer was talking to press. Asked to assess the game, his answer started with: "I am doing my best to make name for myself..."
Tomlin has always been way overrated as a coach it’s sickening

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer
Tomlin inherited the lebeau defense and a HOF QB and WR, he won a SB with cowhers team, he hasn’t won one since, he lucked out when the Steelers struck gold on what was essentially 2 “superstar development” players outside of the first round and those 2 + Ben have carried his sorry ass ever since. He never told Ben to sit his ass down and shut his dumbass mouth about Todd Haley and he let that animosity continue until the bitter end despite Haley being a large reason for their huge success recently along with Ben still being able to walk(honestly without Haley’s timing offense and heavy run commitment Ben might be in a wheelchair by now) When bell got suspended repeatedly he awarded him with an extension, AB has thrown tantrums at coaches, players, reporters, all over social media, saying shit that really shouldn’t be said, and he’s never reprimanded for it. He never told shazier “hey, you shouldn’t spear players with the crown of your helmet” and now he may never walk without a limp again. The culture there has been dogshit for so long but the exciting offense has always outshined that.

The ravens on the other hand.. you had Ray Rice’s debacle, a small few suspensions for PED and other things, and otherwise just complete class from top to bottom, we were gonna be the team to sign kaepernick for fucks sake, Harbaugh looks at his players like a younger generation of his own family, he legitimately has love for everyone in this organization, and has instilled probably the most heartwarming culture of any locker room in all of sports.

It’s honestly a fucking shame how little light gets shed nationally about this teams culture but the trashiest teams like the Steelers and pats are media darlings. The ravens have always had a certain aura of family and brotherhood about them, and just high character in general, and only we get to see this and appreciate it.

Deebo813

Hall of Famer

This boy is for real.

Im sorry but the first 3 plays AB was open so i just had to stop watching..