• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

The Good, The Bad, and The Steelers Defense

Edgar

Ravens Ring of Honor
Imagine picking Terrell Edmunds in the 1st round. He had a brutal game.
right now he is clueless. They line him up as a middle of the field deep safety and he is toast..isnt good in man against TE's based on what I've seen. early though.

Tank

Hall of Famer
im pretty sure we got into the redzone and then went run, pass to crabtree on a tightly covered crosser that would have put us in 3rd and short and then a pass to the back of the endzone over the middle but the route never really had a chance so joe i think maybe just threw it away over the top
I kinda remember that sequence, but thought that was the one before the last.

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
i imagine maybe harbs was angry that we thew twice in a row and didnt take more time off the clock or something like that - or its the opposite and the throws we made were plays that never really had much of a chance...
I think this is probably what it was about and it was the 2nd to last drive.

When exactly did they have words. Was it the last drive or 2nd to last drive

Sami84

Ravens Ring of Honor
Lost in a great team win was the shitty play of alex lewis. rewatched the game again and HE IS the reason why our running game hasn't taken off and most of the pressures/sacks have been through him. Wake up call for the FO. HE"S A LIABILITY.

Adreme

Ravens Ring of Honor
i imagine maybe harbs was angry that we thew twice in a row and didnt take more time off the clock or something like that - or its the opposite and the throws we made were plays that never really had much of a chance...

The last FG Harbs was likely mad that we ran it on 3rd and 9 with 2:15 left instead of passing for the first which was clearly a better choice in that situation.

rossihunter2

Staff Member
The last FG Harbs was likely mad that we ran it on 3rd and 9 with 2:15 left instead of passing for the first which was clearly a better choice in that situation.

the amazing turnaround from last year to this year is that we would expect to convert 3rd and long consistently this year and we do - so much of that is down to willie snead and the tight ends (and john brown clearing out the safeties to create space near the sticks)

Edgar

Ravens Ring of Honor
Snead was huge last night.
Team was clutch on third downs in the 4th quarter.
Defense never panicked and it says a lot about the trust they have in approach and scheme change and about the versatile and mentally sharp group on defense. Id' say the defense is really just beginning to understand what it does best when.
The connection Flacco and Crabtree is nowhere near as evolved as the chemistry between Flacco and Brown/Snead.

DB's were borderline great last night....where was Schuster but for most of the game? Humphrey held up pretty well vs. Brown and Carr played very well.

Chris Moore's run on fourth down was great.
Flacco read well all night...favorite of mine was the conversion to Tim White.

arnie_uk

Veteran
Just to clarify. The run pass pass sequence was our second to last fg. The harbs MM incident was on our last fg, after the levine int, when we ran the whole drive

cdp

Ravens Ring of Honor
Alex Collins short area quickness was on point. I recall at least 2 plays in which he created something out of nothing.
It also feels nice to have competent WR's Willie Snead showed great concentration on that double catch on 3rd down. I also like how MM and Flacco target/feature every week another TE/WR as second option.

purplepittabread88

Staff Member
Administrator
Orlando Brown imposed his will on the steelers for a few of the chances he got. We need to move Hurst back to LG even after the excellent game and put in Brown at RT. This rushing attack needs to get going. We have the backs, get the blockers now
I’m hiking in Zion so I had to stream it on my phone so I didn’t even notice brown playing. Just certain line loaded packages? And yea we need to rush this damn ball and hurst at guard and brown at Tackle would be perfect. Imagine how good our short yardage game would be then geez. I don’t see brown being worked in until someone messes up really bad tbh

purplepittabread88

Staff Member
Administrator
Tony Jefferson got revenge for last year in Pitt. Plays like that are what we expected from him. I know the ruling was right but that should be a fumble for a td honestly

RL52TheGreatest

Ravens Ring of Honor
What happened to Kenny Young yesterday ? He didn’t even get a single tackle.

The Steelers barely ran the ball all game so I wouldn't worry. I also don't think we used him that much in coverage as Levine saw quite a few snaps. He should play a bigger role against the Browns since I doubt they'll totally abandon the run like the Steelers seemed to do.

rossihunter2

Staff Member
I’m hiking in Zion so I had to stream it on my phone so I didn’t even notice brown playing. Just certain line loaded packages? And yea we need to rush this damn ball and hurst at guard and brown at Tackle would be perfect. Imagine how good our short yardage game would be then geez. I don’t see brown being worked in until someone messes up really bad tbh

he only had 3 snaps but they were all as the 6th lineman in big packages