• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

The Good, The Bad, and The Steelers Defense

Davesta

Ravens Ring of Honor
right now he is clueless. They line him up as a middle of the field deep safety and he is toast..isnt good in man against TE's based on what I've seen. early though.

Drafting Edmunds in the first was a head scratcher for sure. He wasn’t even on my radar. I was like who?
If they wanted a deep cover safety, should of went with Jesse bates. The guy who picked flacco off during the cincy game. I think he’s going to be good

RL52TheGreatest

Ravens Ring of Honor
  • Carr deserves some major props for the way he played last night. After the disaster of a game that he had last year, he did a great job of holding JuJu in check, for the most part. That play in the endzone where he popped the ball out was a thing of beauty.
  • Not sure how to feel about Tim White as the returner. I gave him a pass last week, but he didn't really do much at all in this game. Sure, he held onto the ball, but he didn't exactly offer much in his returns. Also, he appeared to bobble one of the kickoffs which is never a good thing. I'll give him credit for the clutch 3rd-down conversion in the 4th when he was in there as a WR, but he needs to show more if we're going to keep him as the returner. If Grant can just fix his ball security issues then hopefully he can get another shot, at some point.
  • Tim Williams should be starting over Judon. The dude is getting better each and every game while Judon has offered absolutely nothing.
  • It's an amazing feeling being able to watch our defense hold leads in the 2nd half of games. Thank you, Wink.

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
Alex Collins short area quickness was on point. I recall at least 2 plays in which he created something out of nothing.
It also feels nice to have competent WR's Willie Snead showed great concentration on that double catch on 3rd down. I also like how MM and Flacco target/feature every week another TE/WR as second option.
Correct me if I’m wrong, but these Ravens WR seem to complement each other better than any three receivers we have ever had. Not saying they are the best trio, but they could become the best trio in time.

ravenslord

Ravens Ring of Honor
We have a dilemma with Collins. He is an explosive back and can make some game changing plays but he fumbles... a lot.

I suspect we will give Turner more looks as the season goes on.

ravenslord

Ravens Ring of Honor
Correct me if I’m wrong, but these Ravens WR seem to complement each other better than any three receivers we have ever had. Not saying they are the best trio, but they could become the best trio in time.
This is certainly the best group we have ever had. I believe it it better than the Boldin and Smith group. Get Hurst in the mix at tight end and
we could have a monster group here.

ravenslord

Ravens Ring of Honor
Anyone wishing now we took Ridley instead of Hurst? Ridley was picked right after we picked Hurst.

I guess time will tell.

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
Anyone wishing now we took Ridley instead of Hurst? Ridley was picked right after we picked Hurst.

I guess time will tell.
No, first there is absolutely no way we would have known that Andrews would have been sitting there late in the 3rd and Hurst will most likely be a pro bowl caliber TE in this league. Ridley is a very good complementary piece to Julio Jones, but make no mistake, if he didn’t have jones taking the coverages, he wouldn’t have had that game last week. This past week he dropped a clutch ball that could have lost them the game. Ridleys biggest knock were his hands. That being said, I do wish we drafted JuJu last year, instead of Bowser.

ALI624

Pro Bowler
With regards to Ridley he has been great so far but he has Julio and Sanu along with him. That takes a lot of pressure and coverage off of him. And I think Hurst is going to be pretty great in his own right.

ravenslord

Ravens Ring of Honor
With regards to Ridley he has been great so far but he has Julio and Sanu along with him. That takes a lot of pressure and coverage off of him. And I think Hurst is going to be pretty great in his own right.
I am drinking this purple kool-aid !

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer
right now he is clueless. They line him up as a middle of the field deep safety and he is toast..isnt good in man against TE's based on what I've seen. early though.
Dare I say... he looks strikingly similar to Matt Elam, in college and the nfl.

And Steelers fans that I know were hyping that pick the same way they hyped up Artie burns, anyone who thinks we drink the purple koolaid may have never had a discussion with a Steelers fan lol

rossihunter2

Staff Member

it does but he has gone 1v1 against good corners and destroyed them with some incredible route running
route running like that is the kind of skill that will make you a success in any offence

that being said i think hurst has the higher ceiling of the 2 players respective to their position

Dom McRaven

Hall of Famer
I'm still in shock that AB was held to 1 catch and 5 yards in the 2ND HALF against a secondary without Jimmy Smith. Also, did Jesse James even play? I don't recall him getting a catch.

rossihunter2

Staff Member
I'm still in shock that AB was held to 1 catch and 5 yards in the 2ND HALF against a secondary without Jimmy Smith. Also, did Jesse James even play? I don't recall him getting a catch.

he had 1 huge play on the steelers drive that started at their own 1 yard line - otherwise did nothing - vance macdonald is more of a move tight end playmaker (the kind of tight end we typically struggle with)