• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

The Good, The Bad, and The Steelers Defense

Edgar

Ravens Ring of Honor
Roethlisberger got the ball back with 1:52 to play. Now, you know the old Ravens D, under pees would have drug that game out, giving up garbage yards and probably a meaningless TD with :30 or so on the clock. This D finished with a Tim Williams sack, a near interception and a 4 and out.

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer
Roethlisberger got the ball back with 1:52 to play. Now, you know the old Ravens D, under pees would have drug that game out, giving up garbage yards and probably a meaningless TD with :30 or so on the clock. This D finished with a Tim Williams sack, a near interception and a 4 and out.
It was fucking glorious and I was so nervous waiting for the ravens we’ve come to know to show up. It’s 4th down and I’m like ok time for a 40 yard bomb to AB or a stupid missed tackle leading to a long touchdown. We’re holding leads for the first time since... wait for it... our super bowl year.

redrum52

Hall of Famer
As much as I'm happy we moved on from Pees, he's somehow doing well over in Tennessee. Good to see this crazy concept where people are used to their strengths.

allblackraven

Hall of Famer
As much as I'm happy we moved on from Pees, he's somehow doing well over in Tennessee. Good to see this crazy concept where people are used to their strengths.
Someone mentioned that already - I think he doesn't have complete control of that D. Vrabel must have lot of input.

redrum52

Hall of Famer
SIKE. It was all a sham. Time to play Tavon Young on the dline

We have the flexibility since... JIMMY IS BACK!!!!!!!!!!!!! Aw man... I can't wait to see him at CB, Marlon at SS and Young getting that interior pressure until Henry back.

That makes sense @allblackraven. Probably let him call plays the first 3 quarters and cut his radio for the last.

DeVito52

Ravens Ring of Honor
It’s been 4 games? Pees looked very good as our D coordinator for stretches so there’s literally no difference. It’s not like he was terrible.

Oldfaithful

Hall of Famer
We have the flexibility since... JIMMY IS BACK!!!!!!!!!!!!! Aw man... I can't wait to see him at CB, Marlon at SS and Young getting that interior pressure until Henry back.

That makes sense @allblackraven. Probably let him call plays the first 3 quarters and cut his radio for the last.
Dude, Humphrey should be in jail. Henry at SS.

redrum52

Hall of Famer
It’s been 4 games? Pees looked very good as our D coordinator for stretches so there’s literally no difference. It’s not like he was terrible.

Was great at times, but I think a change was needed, even if I wanted to go out of house. Don't take some of my comments so seriously. His first year as DC we won a ring and he was a crucial part. I also think he got some unnecessary criticism when he was here.

DeVito52

Ravens Ring of Honor
Was great at times, but I think a change was needed, even if I wanted to go out of house. Don't take some of my comments so seriously. His first year as DC we won a ring and he was a crucial part. I also think he got some unnecessary criticism when he was here.
Don’t take your comments so seriously? What are you even talking about? You said he’s “somehow” doing well in Tennessee. Now you say he was good? Get your story straight.

Unless you’re gonna make a joke don’t say something you don’t mean. And that obviously wasn’t a joke.

Last edited:

redrum52

Hall of Famer
Don’t take your comments so seriously? What are you even talking about? You said he’s “somehow” doing well in Tennessee. Now you say he was good? Get your story straight.

Unless you’re gonna make a joke don’t say something you don’t mean. And that obviously wasn’t a joke.

If you can't get sarcasm, don't quote me. Thanks, BUDDY!

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer
For the last time, pees had the potential to call some absolutely brilliant games, he did it fairly often, but in the big games, it always seemed that he was too arrogant to make the proper adjustments, guys were often used out of position as a form of deception, and players were often put in a spot where they had no chance to execute if the play had been diagnosed by the offense. and the players, as they’ve stated, were shackled to his scheme. When you have guys like weddle and Mosley and Suggs, god dammit they’re probably all 3 in the top 15 smartest defenders in the league, let them have input.

Pees gameplan would look brilliant, until late in the game when we had exhausted most of our looks and the qb had gotten familiar and figured out the looks. Then the qb can just spot the blitzes and drops all over, and when you have weddle blitzing and Mosley and Jefferson as the deepest zone drops, and ZDS and Pierce and judon as your primary pass rushers, then you aren’t using your talent well either. That wasn’t a specific play I had in mind, it’s just the kinda shit pees used to do, and it’s the kinda shit that caused him to blow games for us. He was a genius until a qb forced him to change it up, which he always failed to, and when his defense gets “figured out” it becomes REALLY bad because then you can’t count on talent to save it, because all the talent is being fucked over by the scheme.

Adreme

Ravens Ring of Honor
I think it was simpler than that. The Ravens never rotated their DLine (despite keeping 8) do by the 4th quarter they were gassed and if DLine is gassed and the QB has all day no defense will hold up.

29BmoreBird22

Staff Member
Writer
right now he is clueless. They line him up as a middle of the field deep safety and he is toast..isnt good in man against TE's based on what I've seen. early though.

maybe i undervalued him but i had him 116th on my big board going into draft night

I had him as a late 3rd early 4th round pick.
As Hokie (well, graduated, but still), I watched all their games.

With the Edmunds brothers, you're really just banking on potential and their athletic gifts to get them through until their brains catch up. Unfortunately for Terrell, he's not nearly the athletic freak that Tremaine is.

Terrell is a really good athlete and he'd honestly probably benefit from being an inside linebacker, much like Deone Buchannen.